• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole: release delayed for fiscal year 2017-18

FelipeMGM

The game was stated for Q4 of this fiscal year (ending on March 31st) but now the press release for their last quarter earnings says it will be released on the next fiscal year (April 1st 2017 - March 31 2018)

C4PSAoHWAAAhVtT.jpg:large

Hindl

Bummer but not too surprising. If it was coming out by March there probably would've been more coverage by now

I hope it is not the case, but maybe they want to put it out closer to the start of Season 21 of the show to get "free" advertising.

Ozorov

The game was stated for Q4 of this fiscal year (ending on March 31st) but now the press release for their last quarter earnings says it will be released on the next fiscal year (April 1st 2017 - March 31 2018)

C4PSAoHWAAAhVtT.jpg:large

Where can I see the full press release?

Ridley327

I don't see this as a fall 2017 game, so this means it's either close to being done and will ship this summer (tie-in just before the start of the new season, perhaps?), or they're going to hold it back until next spring to give it a bigger slot and to time it with the release of the latest season on home video.

Seik

Banned
Sure.

I prefer they take their time to make it good.

SOT was fucking great, what I saw at the last E3s about it got me a bit nervous...so the more time invested on it, the better.

Yushi

Didnt the first one also get delayed a lot? I mean this is Matt & Trey, knowing on how they work on things. This is nothing suprising.

Either wait, still can't wait. Their trailers are still amazing

Not super surprising given the fact that we have heard almost nothing about it. Sad though I am looking forward to the game.

PSOreo

Disappointing but expected since we've not seen anything solid in a while now as we were drawing closer to that March/April window. Gunna hold on to my pre-order as I'm hoping it keeps the promise of the remastered version of Stick of Truth.

Top Bottom