• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole: release delayed for fiscal year 2017-18

Raw64life

Figured it was going to get delayed given that it still didn't have a release date, it's the middle of February and Q4 ends in 6 weeks. I don't mind too much since there is plenty of games I'm interested in coming in the next few months.

Justinh

Dammit. I just preordered this from the Ubistore, where there's no cancellations or refunds.

I was okay with it leaving last year, but c'mon man...

Curiously, the Ubistore still says release is 31March 2017.

TEJ

I preordered from psn, is it possible to cancel? I bought it so I could play it pre-summer.

It must be something with this engine, stick of truth was delayed multiple times too iirc. But anyway just another example of why release dates and windows should not be given until they are sure they can hit it, because honestly after a point its just frustrating for the developer and consumer, and paints your game in a negative light if it misses multiple planned dates. Arkham knight felt similar to the point where it honestly had to be embarassing for rocksteady

mindatlarge

Sucks if it is pushed back longer, though I'd rather have them add more polish than release something sloppy just to hit a deadline.

Justinh

Will MS allow me to cancel my preorder? Preordered thinking I'd get SoT but they removed the xbox version.

They've let me cancel my digital preorder for Gears 4 (so I could buy the Ultimate version, I wanted to play that weekend), and when he did he said "It wouldn't be a problem since it's just a pre-order."

I don't know how they're going to handle it with this game, since you're supposed to get Stick of Truth too but the new version for X1 isn't out yet anyways (I guess they're holding it until the new game releases).

Just contact support and ask? What's the worst they can say?

I forgot Stick of Truth was delayed for years

I've had this game preordered since Jan. 12, 2016 due to a deal on Amazon. I enjoyed the first game but these delays are getting ridiculous. I am expecting something impressive. If it's at E3 this year then that will have been the third year in a row... For a 2D game that is a sequel. Hopefully the budget isn't too high so Ubisoft isn't expecting 10 million units sold to just break even.

Ooccoo

Saw it coming.

1) No new footage since E3
2) Multiple languages supported = more dev time

It sucks that we know there's DLC already though, Ubi should include it in the game to make up for the multiple delays.

BlaqSakura

Neo Member
Can't we keep hope alive? Maybe it was changed, again, to fiscal 2017-2018 cuz March is already pretty crowded; there are some bring franchises coming out, Ghost Recon, Zelda,
Mass Effect, and Nier, and I know these are dif genres but I think Ubi wants to focus on one franchise at a time, so For Honor in Feb, Ghost Recon in March and maybe, just maybe South Park in April; biggest game in April, so far, is Persona 5, which is a little niche and Yooka-Laylee, which isn't full price. All that being said, we haven't heard any news about it in a while, and the first game was in dev hell for a while itself, so they're prob still working out the kinks. Glad to have a little more breathing room in March tho, for the sake of my wallet and my mind

Linkura

I fucking knew it. It was supposed to be Q1, which is by 3/31, and they still hadn't announced a date yet in fucking February. I was waiting for a delay to be announced.

Can't say I'm upset. Stick of Truth was delayed a million times, but the end result was magical. I'm fine as long as it helps up the quality.

LAM09

Had a feeling December 2017 was more likely the way things were going.

One game I was really looking forward to last year and to think I could be waiting till 2018.

Ein Bear

Disappointing, but expected. They've been very quiet on the game.

I'd be annoyed about paying for my pre-order last summer if it weren't for that Stick of Truth re-release.

schaft0620

So I will have the game Pre-ordered for a full year, they should find a way to get copies of the Stick Of Truth to retail customers.

That new South Park game got delayed since they have to re-write all their Trump jokes as they are too depressing now given our reality lmao™

Hobbun

I loved Stick of Truth, but I'm ok with this.

Too many games to play for me already.

Yakuza 0
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Persona 5
Rainbow Skies

And these are just games that just came out or coming out before Fractured But Whole.

Also, need to finish off my playthrough of Skyrim and Dragon Quest 8.

Floody

I'm okay with this, gives me more time to play all the other games releasing around it and should give us a better game. Is a little worrying they've given it such a vague delay after already delaying it though, hopefully development isn't going too badly.

J4g3r

The last one got delayed a bunch, not too worried.

Hope they cover Trump and his advisers in this. They can be bosses.

That new South Park game got delayed since they have to re-write all their Trump jokes as they are too depressing now given our reality lmao™

Thief. ;)

Hobbun

Didn't those cowards say they weren't touching Trump anymore?

God, I hope not. So much good content with him.

And if he doesn't like it, tough shit. Deal with it like all the other Presidents have done so while South Park has been on.

Willenium

I pre-ordered this on PSN back in August of 2016 or something, pretty much only so I could play Stick of Truth on my PS4. I played through SoT a few times, got the platinum trophy, my pre-order got canceled, SoT got deleted, I got a refund and bought Witcher 3. Overall, I have had a very good experience with FBW so far!

Not surprised, considering it's been delayed before and there's been so little media for a game that was supposed to come out in less than two months.

Honestly it's probably for the best that it come out at a different time instead of the end of March. January through April are already stock-full of RPGs as it is, not to even mention all the other great games released these months in different genres.

I hope SP: TFBW comes out sometime around May through August when I'll have some hope of having caught up with the games that have come out this past month and upcoming months.

Matticers

I'm fine with it if they're using some of this time to add more content to the game. I want it to be fairly long with some replayability. I'll be disappointed if you could blow through everything in 10-15 hours like the last game. Which was a great game but it just left me wanting more.

Top Bottom