• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole: release delayed for fiscal year 2017-18

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Fine by me. First game was fantastic. Let it cook for as long as it needs to.

Yeah it makes much more sense then. Spring is just packed with releases between all that's came out already and Horizon, Zelda, Mass Effect, Persona 5 etc. coming soon.

South Park would get lost behind those games and sell fewer copies st $60 than it likely will coming out in a less busy month after people are done with those games.

Linkura

I'm fine with it if they're using some of this time to add more content to the game. I want it to be fairly long with some replayability. I'll be disappointed if you could blow through everything in 10-15 hours like the last game. Which was a great game but it just left me wanting more.

I was fine with the length of the last game. There was plenty of optional content and they didn't have much in the way of filler. Everything was very high quality. I much prefer quality over quantity. Though I'll be honest, I rented it when it first came out and then purchased it when it became Greatest Hits.

antibolo

Banned
I would buy a Switch version. Probably won't bother otherwise.

Not that I expect it of course. Western third parties gotta ignore Nintendo hardware.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
fucks sake

I know its better to delay it than rush it out, but have been excited for it for ages

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Not a great sign but a delayed game at least has the chance of becoming a better one and could always just be scheduling decision. Here's hoping for a Switch version.

Not to worry, everyone.

It will be worth the wait.

Remember, we would rather have a game be delayed for more work and polish than have a rushed game that doesn't live up to expectations.

Linkura

Not a great sign but a delayed game at least has the chance of becoming a better one and could always just be scheduling decision. Here's hoping for a Switch version.

Actually I would say it being delayed is a good sign in this situation. They constantly delayed Stick of Truth, and it was great.

Got mine pre ordered at best buy(Did it when they had the visa checkout promo) since they dont charge til the game actually ships I will just keep the pre order but am disappointed its not coming out anytime soon

bubumiao

I preordered from best buy since they had the visa checkout deal to save $25 off of $100.

Anyways, my credit card I used expires in February 2018 so if it doesn't come out by then am I gonna have a problem or you think I'll be able to get my payment changed to a different card by calling customer service or something?

Pachinko

Probably needs more polish and there's a lot of big stuff coming out over the next few weeks. I always thought it was odd that it was even aiming for holiday 2016 in the first place actually.

Mindlog

Not to give them ideas or anything.
OK maybe to give them some idea.

Ubisoft wants service games.
South Park Studios cuts a large amount of ideas in order to make a game.

I would absolutely subscribe to episodes of Fractured But Whole. Just sayin'.

Will be a shame for my brother as South Park was his first rpg and he looked forward to this. Nothing to do but hope the delay means the game quality is high on release.

As already said, the next months are packed enough already. But then again, the other way it could have already been cheap by the time the summer drought comes.

Vinnk

I'd love this on Switch because the content in this game is not what I want to show on the Family TV.

Also the art style means even if there is a massive downgrade in the graphics, it shouldn't effect things as much.

Edit: I hope this isn't considered port-begging. I'll buy for sure no matter where it goes.

Please release while Ubisoft is still Ubisoft.

September is most likely right now, imo. Maybe early Oct. If not then Dec. Maybe they'll add in more DCEU jokes and launch it next to Justice League. That would be smart.

arcticice

As long as the game is good, i don't mind. However, I hope it doesn't release in fall. A lot of games to play during that time

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
If they don't finish before September, it's not coming out this year because Parker & Stone are doing all of the writing and voice acting, and they'll be busy with South Park's upcoming season Sept-Dec.

I have a feeling this one will be out in June.

Would make a lot of sense as the onslaught of games that have been coming out so far this year will have dried up until September by that time.

And I think they'll have it ready by then.

If they don't finish before September, it's not coming out this year because Parker & Stone are doing all of the writing and voice acting, and they'll be busy with South Park's upcoming season Sept-Dec.

If the voice acting isn't finished by September, then it wouldn't matter anyway. They're not gonna make the game content complete, and polish/edit it in less than three months, South park or no.

Top Bottom