• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations coming to PS4/XBO

jonno394

Wasn't this on these consoles already? Huh.

Nope, last gen consoles and PC only. Game looked and played great at 4k60 for me on my PC, if they can match this on PS4 Pro then I could see it being a worthwhile upgrade for many who owned it on PS3.

edit - Switch already being looked over with new port announcements :facepalm:

Already completed the 3DS, PC, PS3 and Wii U versions. They will have to add something pretty spectacular if they want another sale from me.

Gosh dang it I had just recently bought the first one for PS3 during the RE sale!

Oh well, I'll still buy it. It gives me a higher desire to play it since it's on PS4.

butman

maxresdefault.jpg

After this every port is possible.

Gurish

Nope, last gen consoles and PC only. Game looked and played great at 4k60 for me on my PC, if they can match this on PS4 Pro then I could see it being a worthwhile upgrade for many who owned it on PS3.

Seriously? it's 3DS tech at its core, no one is really going to be impressed by a 4K version, I don't know who will buy this port but good luck.

Ludens

Banned
Instead of porting Code Veronica for PS4/PC/One, Capcom ports this...I mean, probably it's a port from the PC version, but why they decided to go with this instead of a proper RE game?

EmiPrime

Come to think of it as long as Dragon's Dogma also gets ported and this is part of a second wave of ports from Capcom I can live with this.

Not surprised since they released the sequel on XBO and PS4 already and Revelations got a console port on Wii U, PS3 and 360. PC as well. This version will probably be an graphically updated port of the version on consoles/PC.

Korigama

Instead of porting Code Veronica for PS4/PC/One, Capcom ports this...I mean, probably it's a port from the PC version, but why they decided to go with this instead of a proper RE game?
I'd take Rev1 over Code Veronica any day, but I've already ranted about how terrible I consider CV to be plenty around here (pretty much the worst of the classic REs other than 0).

Not interested in double-dipping though, as it's quite clear it was originally designed with 3DS in mind.

Oregano

edit - Switch already being looked over with new port announcements :facepalm:

Yup remember when Capcom bragged about how easy getting MT Framework running was and how they were porting the RE engine and promised AAA content for the Switch?

Lol

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yup remember when Capcom bragged about how easy getting MT Framework running was and how they were porting the RE engine and promised AAA content for the Switch?

Lol

And now we're doing the doom talk for a port of the HD Version of an old game (so, something that doesn't fall in two of the three cathegories from your post - a RE engine based game / AAA content - but you included them anyway to go deep down the concern trolling route)?

Lol, as usual.

Weak Ultra Street Fighter II pre-order figures, I guess.

Welp, Switch had a good run.

/s

Probably not much to read into. Blindly throwing darts at the wall is the Capcom way.

Oregano

And now we're doing the doom talk for a port of the HD Version of an old game (so, something that doesn't fall in either cathegory (a RE engine based game / AAA content)?

Lol, as usual.

Are you going to continue downplaying every game that skips Switch?

If they can't be arsed porting a 3DS game that already had a Wii U version why would they bother with anything more than that?

Jawmuncher

Doubt I'll double dip for this unless there's big changes or it offers a RE2make demo or something. I'd be more interested in CVX and I don't even like that one.

Gator86

Why no Switch though?

Its originally a 3DS game and it even got a Wii U port when they made ports for consoles and PC

Are we going to do this for every game? No one (publishers) gives a shit about the Switch. If Nintendo moves enough units, it will get games. Until it does that, publishers have no reason not to ignore it. No one is going to go "oh yeah, let's add another platform to develop for because that is convenient and fun for us."

Top Bottom