• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations coming to PS4/XBO

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I feel like they should release a resident evil legacy collection after this. 1, 2, 3; which all have good of ports (although I think 1 is missing content, like Saturn's battle mode) and also code Veronica. Then all the resident evils besides things like outbreak, dead aim, and gun survivor, and dark side chronicles would be on current gen consoles. That would be great. Go tell aunt Rhodie.

That's some great news! One of my favorite games in the franchise and I only had the opportunity to play it in its original 3DS form. Looking forward to playing it on my currently hooked up systems (I know it came out for PS3/360, but those consoles are in the closet right now).

Switch just had a successful worldwide launch and this port is likely not having much money put into it and I doubt they expect to get too much back from it. Skipping Switch is just dumb on Capcom's part.

the cost of porting probably isn't worth it. ps4/xb1 benefit from close to PC architecture. the ROI is significantly higher. but sure, dumb move yada yada yada

RE 4/5/6 ports must've done decently. A Switch version is the only one that would interest me, though. Not much of a desire to replay this one.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm a Resident Evil piece of shit so i'll be buying this without hesitation.

Geez Outbreak, CVX, 2-3, Dead Aim remastered now Cappers.

the cost of porting probably isn't worth it. ps4/xb1 benefit from close to PC architecture. the ROI is significantly higher. but sure, dumb move yada yada yada

You say that like the Switch is using some exotic hardware or something. Capcom ported RE5 to the NVidia Shield for god's sake.

Bazry

Seems weird they didn't announce a Switch version considering this game has released even in WiiU.

Its not like they can use the Wii U version to do a quick port to Switch, also the Wii U version is still broken as far as I know with dead zones on the analogue sticks

Cool, I'm in. Loved it on 3DS and skipped it on PS360/PC. It would be nice if we could get local split-screen support for RAID, but I doubt it.

Switch just had a successful worldwide launch and this port is likely not having much money put into it and I doubt they expect to get too much back from it. Skipping Switch is just dumb on Capcom's part.

Yeah now is the perfect time to do a port like this for Switch. People want games to play and this shit should be relatively easy. Rev 1 is my least favorite RE game and I'd buy it for Switch because I want some fucking games to play.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
That's some great news! One of my favorite games in the franchise and I only had the opportunity to play it in its original 3DS form. Looking forward to playing it on my currently hooked up systems (I know it came out for PS3/360, but those consoles are in the closet right now).

I feel the same way. I was hoping there was a port and even playing revalaitons on ps now.

You say that like the Switch is using some exotic hardware or something. Capcom ported RE5 to the NVidia Shield for god's sake.

it's still added cost with little to no return. it will probably come eventually. the timing with regards to sales doesn't fit what they want from this release.

Either way it was a Capcom game. Who says Capcom is the one doing the actual porting here or that they would have to be the ones to do a Switch port?

"yes, lets pay another studio to port this game to a new platform with few sales. there's absolutely no risk there!" like honestly the return just isn't worth paying people to make it.

Mr Swine

Banned
Huh, this doesn't bode well for Switch if there is no RE game coming out on it. I guess this is a pretty bad sign for future Capcom games on it, guess there is some merit to the MH rumours?

I know right? That's what I want. At least with Rev out of the way. They have no more REs to port from last gen besides CVX and ORC which I don't see them doing. So they'll have to start hitting the PS2 gen catalog again

I think CVX is coming next, they already did overhaul the lightning ect. so it would be easy port.

The biggest question is will we ever get 3 and if so will it be the old game or a remake.

Gestault

I always recommend Revelations 1, and a version for updated hardware is always cool if it's priced right. I already bought/played it on both 3DS and Wii U personally, so unless it pops up on super-sale, I probably won't dig in again.

Honestly, people could get their money's worth just out of the raid mode or whatever they called it.

Edit: Play it in Spanish, the one true survival horror language.

emrober5

I played it on Wii U and the controls were damn terrible.

If they fix that, put it in 4k and sell it for $20 I could bite. Maybe a Rev 1 & 2 combo pack for 30-40.

Mivey

Did people really hate Revelations? I found it was fun, the parts on the ship at least. Could cut the silly action sequences with Chris and Parker.

Jawmuncher

Did people really hate Revelations? I found it was fun, the parts on the ship at least. Could cut the silly action sequences with Chris and Parker.

Those were the best part of the game. Since they didn't drag like a lot of Jill's missions, which did so for the sake of being "creepy".
Exploring Zenobia with the ooze got old fast. Only two instances in Jill's mission were really well done
first fight with the mayday, and rachel

Gitaroo

time to slap "from the director of RE7" in the ads. Honestly, didn't like the game due to some of the worse enermy design in the series like the molded in RE7. Really hope they get someone else to direct the next game. This director clearly have a thing for ship and crappy slimy enemies.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Are you going to continue downplaying every game that skips Switch?

If they can't be arsed porting a 3DS game that already had a Wii U version why would they bother with anything more than that?

So now you're accusing me of being naive and downplaying stuff, when you all know how many times you've went the doomed route even for extremely silly reasons? Or how you downplay positives with stuff like "eh, it won't last", "eh, it'll flop", "eh, they won't support it either way"? Also, trying to say that Capcom has no interest in the platform because they can't even port a 3DS-to-Wii U game to it is a false equivalence; it's like saying that SEGA has no interest in the platform because they aren't porting Valkyrie Revolution to it.

I just can't see Capcom not supporting the platform, in the long run, if it demonstrates itself to be successful enough (of course, if it's not successful, the discussion changes). And the support in the long run is NOT demonstrated by a port of a port, honestly. If you want to keep on dooming left and right, no worries. But if reality (announcements) smashes you in the future (more like from 6 months onwards), don't ever say that you weren't warned though. You just can't keep to play that role, you'll have to drop the act and starting thinking "...Maybe I said stupid things after all".

Heck, maybe you still believe Disgaea 5 PS4 has worse graphics than Disgaea 5 PS4, and you never said you were wrong for that.

Akiller

Sure. Why not. However if you're going to port most of your last gen catalog, please bring over Okami HD.

You gonna have to wait for them to run out of RE games to port first. /s

Doubt I'll double dip for this unless there's big changes or it offers a RE2make demo or something. I'd be more interested in CVX and I don't even like that one.

I believe CVX HD will come eventually next year, since this port comes out this Fall.

AetherZX

If anything, this would make perfect sense on the Switch for its first year, even if it only amounts to library padding.

Capcom has lost the plot.

Anung

Un Rama
Who's dick do I have to suck at Capcom to get a barebones Outbreak port and some HD Onimusha remasters?

It's getting ridiculous.

it's still added cost with little to no return. it will probably come eventually. the timing with regards to sales doesn't fit what they want from this release.

"yes, lets pay another studio to port this game to a new platform with few sales. there's absolutely no risk there!" like honestly the return just isn't worth paying people to make it.

I have no idea why you think it'd be so expensive to port this game to Switch. Low cost ports of older games is one of the easiest ways to support a platform, Capcom has supported smaller platforms with more. Capcom should be wanting to help grow the platform that will in all likelihood be the successor to the platform that has had their most stable franchise for the past few years.
Its not like they can use the Wii U version to do a quick port to Switch, also the Wii U version is still broken as far as I know with dead zones on the analogue sticks
Why would they port it from Wii U when it would be far easier to port it from PC?

JayEH

All we need is RE4 and 6 on switch. 4 will almost assuredly come but 6 mercs on the go would be a dream come true.

Rymuth

I knew this was coming. Made too much sense not to, given their mission statement.

Gives me hope for Dragons Dogma.

Jawmuncher

I found the demo of REV2 erally boring, so I don't think i'm interested in this one neither...

Yeah if you didn't like Rev 2, it's doubtful you'll like one. Which the majority agree is worse. Even from the people who like the Rev games, I rarely see 1 being preferred over 2.

Cool. Glad for people who haven't picked it up yet.

Revelations wasn't my favorite, but I enjoyed it well enough.

-/+ Passable combat/movement

+ Interesting but convoluted story

+ One of the best OSTs in the series

- Jill's face :(

Revelations 2 is way better and is probably one of my favorite REs.

Can't wait for Revelations 3 (preferably by Rev 2's director).

TreIII

All we need is RE4 and 6 on switch. 4 will almost assuredly come but 6 mercs on the go would be a dream come true.

I'm with you.

On that note, however...after Mercs 3D, the idea of a "Mercenaries 2017" for Switch really sounds like something I would go for.

Top Bottom