• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations coming to PS4/XBO

Nice! I know people are disappointed since there was already a HD release, but if you compared those to the steam pc version, it's worlds apart - in frame fate alone

I'm glad about the physical release too. Hopefully it'll be $20 as well. Either way, thanks based Capcom!

Semajer

I wonder if they'll do any updates to this or if it will be a straight port. There are still some things left from the 3DS version that weren't carried over to the Unveiled Edition version like 1st person aiming and the laser pointer. I doubt I'll get it unless they add something significant, but at least that's one less game getting in the way of a CVXHD PC port.

Gravidee

With the RE2 remake coming up, what are the chances that they'll do a remake of 3 immediately after? If that happens, we'd pretty much have every major RE release available on consoles.

ShyMel

I bought and played the 3DS version, bought but never played the PS3 version when it was on sale because I thought it would never get a PS4 port, but I'll still buy this version anyways.

Jawmuncher

With the RE2 remake coming up, what are the chances that they'll do a remake of 3 immediately after? If that happens, we'd pretty much have every major RE release available on consoles.

They probably want to see sales and reception of RE2 make before jumping on 3. But it'd probably happen sooner than later.

And I just bought the Wii U version a couple months ago...

Not sure if I'll double dip, as I wasn't that fond of the playthrough that I abandoned on RE7s release. I suppose it'll depend on the price and technical effort.

Edit: Switch should be a no-brainer as it was made to be a handheld experience and would be a cheaper toe dip in that pool than a new game.

GrayFoxPL

Rev1 is good just because you don't have to babysit AI all the time and switch back and forth between actual character and annoying sidekick every 10 seconds.

Jawmuncher

makes some sense that the brand is hot again after 7 and this probably serves as a filler until RE2 remake.

The brand has been staying hot. Phanta Rhei bombing and then needing RE engine just slowed down a mainline sequel for the longest

Switch already being looked over with new port announcements :facepalm:

To be fair though I wonder how well this game did on the two Nintendo systems it was previously released on.

Barf. One of the worst games in the series.

I can only assume you haven't played many RE games? I love this series but damn there are a lot of bad entries. I think this game is good. Not great but good.

Magnus

Well, I feel stupid now for grabbing this on PS3 last month during my post-VII RE fervor and barely playing it at all.

Jawmuncher

To be fair though I wonder how well this game did on the two Nintendo systems it was previously released on.

I can only assume you haven't played many RE games? I love this series but damn there are a lot of bad entries. I think this game is good. Not great but good.

Most people consider Rev 1 & 2 as mainline. Since they have the most weight compared to something like dead aim. So in that regard I'd rank them low. Obviously they're better than gaiden or something.

Neff

Couldn't I have had Code Veronica instead?

Barf.

One of the worst games in the series.

I went back to it a few weeks ago after having not played it for a couple of years, and it's not as bad as I remember. When it's good, it's pretty good, and feels like a competent if simplistic RE game. When it's bad though, it's really bad. I still say it's the worst mainline RE game, but it's decent overall.

Mivey

Is that the one were they nuke racoon city? I'd read it up on wikia, but somehow plot summaries of RE games just make me understand less the more I read them.

Oregano

So now you're accusing me of being naive and downplaying stuff, when you all know how many times you've went the doomed route even for extremely silly reasons? Or how you downplay positives with stuff like "eh, it won't last", "eh, it'll flop", "eh, they won't support it either way"? Also, trying to say that Capcom has no interest in the platform because they can't even port a 3DS-to-Wii U game to it is a false equivalence; it's like saying that SEGA has no interest in the platform because they aren't porting Valkyrie Revolution to it.

I just can't see Capcom not supporting the platform, in the long run, if it demonstrates itself to be successful enough (of course, if it's not successful, the discussion changes). And the support in the long run is NOT demonstrated by a port of a port, honestly. If you want to keep on dooming left and right, no worries. But if reality (announcements) smashes you in the future (more like from 6 months onwards), don't ever say that you weren't warned though. You just can't keep to play that role, you'll have to drop the act and starting thinking "...Maybe I said stupid things after all".

Heck, maybe you still believe Disgaea 5 PS4 has worse graphics than Disgaea 5 PS4, and you never said you were wrong for that.

Surely third parties will support Switch eventually...
skeleton-computer.jpg

As to the bolded I admitted I was wrong as soon as someone pointed it out but it's amazing that the fact someone else posting a resized blurry version of a PS4 shot and saying it's a Switch shot is used as an amazing gotcha against me.

Also Disgaea 5 completely flopped in Japan just as I said it would.

...ok?
i mean ill get it to complete my ps4 re set but i dont know why this is happening other than capcom themselves wanting the set on ps4

Metalmarc

This is needed for my PS4 Resi Collection, nice addition, now if only there was a physical of that awful one Umbrella Corps to collect, i'd never play it of course

wabjc

Neo Member
I played the 3ds version and liked it well enough, so I was hoping a PS4 port would happen. I love that they specified it would have a physical release, I don't have to worry now.

Desmond

Always wanted to get in Re (not a bug horror guy normally). Looks like I can play them all bar 2 and 3, and CV on Ps4? Nice

Top Bottom