• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations coming to PS4/XBO

cvxfreak

IMO this port is waaaaaaay overdue. It should have been announced along with RE4-6 last year, and should have been the final port released in the run up to RE7.

CODE: Veronica will probably get ported as well, but as much as I love the game, it was a bit much for a lot of fans in 2011. I doubt they'll make a spectacle out of its release.

Planet

RE: Umbrella / Darkside Chronicles could very well be ported to PS4 right now. Due to PS VR, there are many active gamers out there now with Move controllers and the camera to allow the best possible control method (hopefully also supporting the Move Navigation for left hand). Of course they can still support regular DualShock controls like the originals have.

But I can't see those games working in VR without massive overhaul of the gameplay - too much irrational camera movement would make you sick in record time.

HD Outbreak please!

And give us a Mercenaries game, I insist that it should have been that title but instead we got Umbrella Corps...

Varg

Banned
Very good game . Completed this and the second one fully and enjoyed every bit . Multiplayer is very fun too .

Gxgear

Continued absence of a Vita version still disconcerting. Dead platform I know but it's the platform that makes the most sense for a 3DS port.

Up on US Amazon now. 19.99
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B06XQ6X4NW/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Looks like nothing special besides some "better lighting"
The fear that was originally brought to players in Resident Evil Revelations returns redefined for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience

Sept 30th Release as well.

Where is:

* Remastered Mercenaries 3D, originally only on Nintendo 3DS, enhanced with HD visuals for the ultimate console experience. Play as the legendary Jill Valentine, returning in her RE5 appearance. Along with Ada Wong, Leon Kennedy, Sheva Alomar and Excella Gionne added to the roster for an overwhelming and complete Resident Evil Mercenaries experience.

?

:'(

I hope they add some new costumes, like S.T.A.R.S. Jill & Battlesuit Jill

jill_valentine_remake___professional_render_by_allan_valentine-d599vfw.png
jill_valentine_battlesuit___professional_render_by_allan_valentine-d599rxo.png

Jill Stars Mod

Jill Battlesuit Mod

Hoping for:
STARS Jill - costume
STARS Chris - costume
STARS Rebecca - character
STARS Barry - character
STARS Wesker - character
RPD Leon - character
RE4 Ada - character

Would be great addition after Revelations 2's great Raid.

Hoping for:
STARS Jill - costume
STARS Chris - costume
STARS Rebecca - character
STARS Barry - character
STARS Wesker - character
RPD Leon - character
RE4 Ada - character

Would be great addition after Revelations 2's great Raid.
I'm not expecting extras at all, but those would be nice.

Where is:

* Remastered Mercenaries 3D, originally only on Nintendo 3DS, enhanced with HD visuals for the ultimate console experience. Play as the legendary Jill Valentine, returning in her RE5 appearance. Along with Ada Wong, Leon Kennedy, Sheva Alomar and Excella Gionne added to the roster for an overwhelming and complete Resident Evil Mercenaries experience.

?

:'(

Before the January conference killed my dreams, I thought a Mercenaries title would have been a shoe in on Switch (probably would be multiplat).

It's a low effort title that would run fine on Switch because the majority of the assets come from last gen or earlier. Higher framerate and resolution on PS4 and Xbone of course. I can't imagine the title wouldn't perform respectably at the right price considering they'd only have 2 other games to compete with in the shooter category on Switch.

I would gladly give Capcom $40 for it. Mercs was a good game to have on the go.

More on topic: I don't really have any desire to revisit Revelations again at this point. Bought it physically on 3DS initially, then again digitally when it was cheap to replay. Had they put a bit more effort into the port I might have been interested, but some of the textures really look atrocious. I'd imagine that Capcom had higher resolution assets for pretty much every texture in the game, so there really isn't much of an excuse.

I gladly pick it up on PS4. I never had the chance to play it.

I did not have a 3DS and somehow I didn't manage to pick it up on PS3 either. Revelations 2 was pretty shitty, so I hoped that this game would come to PS4.

This and Dragons Dogma will be my fix this fall.

Jawmuncher

I gladly pick it up on PS4. I never had the chance to play it.

I did not have a 3DS and somehow I didn't manage to pick it up on PS3 either. Revelations 2 was pretty shitty, so I hoped that this game would come to PS4.

This and Dragons Dogma will be my fix this fall.

If you didn't like Rev 2, I don't think you'll like this all that much.

And what are the chances that we actually get any of these NEW CONTENTS?

Chris and Jill costumes i'd say there's a decent chance,

Leon is next tier just for popularity and at least was in REV2's Raid so should be somewhat less work to port him over
Wesker after Leon, was also in REV2's Raid.
Barry in 3rd of that tier.

Rebecca and Ada are far less likely sadly.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Since this thread was created, there's one confirmation of new content for this port, there's apparently a "Nightmare" version of the Ghost Ship level being added to this game in Raid Mode. No word what the differences are, but it's being said to be a new level.

(I hope this comes to the PC version, but I doubt it as the new stuff for the RE5/RE6 ports didn't come to the PC versions either...)

Chris and Jill costumes i'd say there's a decent chance,

Leon is next tier just for popularity and at least was in REV2's Raid so should be somewhat less work to port him over
Wesker after Leon, was also in REV2's Raid.
Barry in 3rd of that tier.

Rebecca and Ada are far less likely sadly.

As much as I like my S.T.A.R.S. Jill & Battlesuit Jill. I don't think they will add them.
Capcom did a good job porting 5 & 6 to PS4, especially 5 with the definitive Mercenaries version. But neither have they added costumes nor new characters into these ports.

I would keep my hopes low. Very low.
Abyss low.

As much as I like my S.T.A.R.S. Jill & Battlesuit Jill. I don't think they will add them.
Capcom did a good job porting 5 & 6 to PS4, especially 5 with the definitive Mercenaries version. But neither have they added costumes nor new characters into these ports.

I would keep my hopes low. Very low.
Abyss low.
5&6 didn't but REmake and especially Zero did.
6 is understandable though, it wasn't technically in the game design and Mercenaries would likely require new balancing and such.

Not getting my hopes up though.

Top Bottom