• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Standalone Switch dock announced for Europe, 23/6

oti

Banned
C_dQCDRXUAAfJsW.jpg

An accessory set that includes a #NintendoSwitch dock, an AC adapter and an HDMI cable will be available from 23/06.
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/862245853515350016

Let's guess the price.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Would this let you dock your Switch into different TVs on the fly?

Like unplug it from the living room tele, plug it in upstairs and have it immediately appear?

Like unplug it from the living room tele, plug it in upstairs and have it immediately appear?

That's the whole point of multiple docks. They're not locked to a paired Switch unit or the like.

Also guessing £60.

HeroOfAlbion

Neo Member
With the Joy Cons being so expensive I could see this retailing at £80 maybe even £90!

If it's £50-£60 I'd consider getting a second one.

NotLiquid

Yep. The dock is just the conduit. Put any portable unit into a dock and it becomes the console.

Cepheus

That's a neat idea. I don't have a TV in my apartment and keep my Switch in the dock on my bedside table to recharge. So more people would be able to do that, while also having a dock connected to their TV. Let's hope it won't be too expensive.

oti

Banned
I've brought my Switch over to freinds and family a couple of times. It's always a hassle to unplug everything, even if the device itself is small. The dock could've been a great idea but we don't need it anymore. They want to get a Switch themselves now. Still, a cheap second dock could be cool, but I don't expect this to be cheap. So I'd rather continue unplugging everything.

Garou

Before people start complaining about any prices that will be announced, consider that this includes the charger and a USB-C cable, which alone already cost a bit.

oti

Banned
Before people start complaining about any prices that will be announced, this includes the charger and a USB-C cable, which alone already cost a bit.

That's fair, but still. If it ends up being 90€... that's a bunch of games.

80-90€.
Dat nintendo tax. :")

Before people start complaining about any prices that will be announced, consider that this includes the charger and a USB-C cable, which alone already cost a bit.

Even if you factor that for 30€ (which would be quite expensive already), that may be 50 to 60€ for a dock that has one video output and 3 USB ports. Not even an ethernet one. That'd be ridiculous. That is, of course, if it's that expensive.

MTC100

Banned
I guess it will bei 49,99 Euro. 59,99 if the put an HDMI cable into the box too.

Curious if these will potentially still scratch systems.

Plastic can't scratch the 9H glass I put onto my Switch screen ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

giapel

It doesn't really have a USB-C cable though. It's permanently attached to the charger.

Newline

At £60 i'll buy it. Any more and I can live without it.

Also if it costs anymore then i'll expect to see a handheld only switch (everything but the dock) released for £199.

inherendo

That's a neat idea. I don't have a TV in my apartment and keep my Switch in the dock on my bedside table to recharge. So more people would be able to do that, while also having a dock connected to their TV. Let's hope it won't be too expensive.
There are cheaper options to charge your switch. Like a USB c cable and charge which is probably 40 bucks less than this will be over there

Boss Mog

there's zero hardware in there it's just a piece of plastic with some ports and an AC adpater. It probably costs them less than 10 dollars to make (I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually less than 5). Anything over $30 would make it a huge ripoff.

inherendo

A cable and decent charger can be had for like 25 dollars. I'm being generous with that.

Shiggy

While Nintendo is not giving an RRP, retailers will put it up for 89.99 EUR. What a steal!

there's zero hardware in there it's just a piece of plastic with some ports and an AC adpater. It probably costs them less than 10 dollars to make (I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually less than 5). Anything over $30 would make it a huge ripoff.

While we don't use the $ in Europe, the AC adapter itself already retails for 30 EUR.

US price is also 89.99 USD:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-dock-set/5854007.p?skuId=5854007

kromeo

Boss★Moogle;236332761 said:

nintendo-logo.jpg

jonno394

abRlo58.png

z19RmbR.png

WyNjmVl.png

OiG2GVO.png

F2t1VEF.png

Pricing info said:
Piczle Lines DX is a port of a F2P mobile game of the same name. The mobile version comes with a very small amount of puzzles, and you pay for additional packs. If you were to buy all of the puzzle packs then the mobile version would cost more that the Nintendo Switch Version. In addition to this, as mentioned above the Nintendo Switch version will recieve periodical FREE UPDATES containing new puzzle packs. These will also come to mobile but will be paid for additions much like the other puzzle packs.

Reviews said:
NindieNews (Me!) 7/10
Nintendo World Report 8/10
BitShiftTV No score (but recommended)

SZsxOCF.png

ZGOjoaL.png

3nA3VaY.png

Reviews said:
Nintendo Life 9/10
NindieNews (me!) 8/10
Brash Games 8/10
SwitchWatch 8/10
NindieSpotlight 8/10
FIngerGuns 7/10

Bluth54

Boss★Moogle;236332761 said:

USB C hubs actually do cost a lot of money (usually at least $60 retail) however Nintendo is buying millions of these and so they aren't paying retail. I also get the feeling a lot of companies that make USB C hubs charge extra for them because it's a fairly new standard and there aren't a ton of companies making them yet.

Memory

Cool I need one for my front room. If it's more than £50 then I'll just get another Switch later in the year instead though.

Top Bottom