• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Fantasy XII Team Will Consider Another Ivalice Game With the Right Feedback

"The reason Ivalice sort of faded away was that the original development team that made Final Fantasy XII all separated into different projects, which made it difficult to make another game set in Ivalice," Kato said.

"Once [Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age] has been released we'd like to feedback from players. Looking at that feedback, we'll consider whether we want to make another game set in Ivalice."

More at: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the...-another-ivalice-game-with-the-right-feedback

Cess007

"Once [Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age] has been released we'd like to feedback from players. Looking at that feedback, we'll consider whether we want to make another game set in Ivalice."

Yes, focus on Balthier and Fran now and I sign up!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think Square Enix more dramatically separating out their business divisions was the right call.

Tabata and BD2 getting to make a new IP/series that follows up on the designs of Final Fantasy XV will allow fans of that style of game to actually get an ongoing series instead of it just being thrown to the wind like the Final Fantasy XII fan base was.

I want FFXV combat for the player character to get the player more directly involved, with FF XII gambits for the other party members.

Alric

I'm sure everyone would agree another Vagrant Story and playing as a Riskbreaker is the correct choice here.

Rymuth

Fortress needs to happen, that FF12 spinoff that centered on one prison.
The concept is too delicious to be unrealized

Hopeford

I just want fantasy politics for days like in Tactics and early XII :( The gameplay itself is pretty secondary for me.

120v

what is Ivalice without matsuno though

an FFXII sequel or another game with that gameplay would be great though

:O

Oh my goodness, they are listening. Hope something comes out of this. Vagrant Story 2, Final Fantasy Tactics 2, Final Fantasy XII spin off with Balthier or an entirely new story in Ivalice...take your pick Square, I'm there day one!

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I want a legit grown-up Final Fantasy game. Like what XII could've been before they crammed Vaan and Penelo into it.

RedSwirl

I could see Tactics 2 being a sort of mid-budget thing on Switch.

What I'm not sure about is making it without "the Ivalice crew."

what is Ivalice without matsuno though

an FFXII sequel or another game with that gameplay would be great though

Matsuno is already working with Square again on "Return to Ivalice", a raid event for FFXIV. Does that not seem to set a precedent for Matsuno to be involved with a new game if they were to make one? He could be writing the story and doing game design on such a game and let Hiroyuki Ito direct.

Squire

Banned
Eh, not gonna get my hopes up for anything past TZA. How much do we need Ivalice sans Matsuno? Who's gonna pick up the slack on writing especially? Watanabe? LOL

As long as it's not another Revenant Wings, I'm okay with that. Ivalice is a fine setting and I don't think that game did it justice.

This is all that needs to happen: Give Matsuno a very modest budget to make another ivalice game. There is no Ivalice without Matsuno and there is no Matsuno at square enix without a limited budget.

Top Bottom