• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Fantasy XII Team Will Consider Another Ivalice Game With the Right Feedback

I think Square Enix more dramatically separating out their business divisions was the right call.

Tabata and BD2 getting to make a new IP/series that follows up on the designs of Final Fantasy XV will allow fans of that style of game to actually get an ongoing series instead of it just being thrown to the wind like the Final Fantasy XII fan base was.

That's happening?

doemaaan

I definitely want another console release for the Ivalice universe, but I'd like the class roles to play a bigger role than in vanilla XII.

120v

let me tell you about this game called ff14 getting an ivalice raid series written by matsuno

Matsuno is already working with Square again on "Return to Ivalice", a raid event for FFXIV. Does that not seem to set a precedent for Matsuno to be involved with a new game if they were to make one? He could be writing the story and doing game design on such a game and let Hiroyuki Ito direct.

that's cool, i had no idea matsuno was involved (never got really into FF14)

i'd always just assumed the bridge was burned and he'd never work with SE again. promising that that isn't the case

Lynx_7

Here's my feedback: consult Matsuno for script and ideas (I doubt he'd want to direct) and make another Tactics game set on Ivalice.

Neff

I own three Ivalice games and have put down money for an imminent fourth. I'll gladly take a fifth. Is that feedback enough?

Falk

that puzzling face
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ.

BD2 and Advanced Technology Division are already hiring for designers and programmers to start technical test and gameplay experiments for it.

From the sounds of it yes.

They may even be doing something with Agni.

That's pretty interesting. I guess Luminous isn't dead? To be honest considering the amount of time they put into getting it working for XV it did seem like a bit of waste to just scrap everything. Suppose they could still be switching to a different engine regardless though. Good news either way.

You are Germonique, a young mercenary from the Holy Ydoran Empire, and your mission is to assassinate Ajora Glabados, a cult leader with mysterious, dark magic powers.

Osukaa

The only Ivalice I want is the Final Fantasy Tactics Universe. I mean a True Final Fantasy Tactics sequel or in the same universe. I really didn't like the Ivalice setting in Final Fantasy XII. It just wasn't interesting to me. I didn't like the old style setting with the futuristic ships and stuff. Usually that stuff doesn't bother me as I don't mind that kind of setting in other games but personally for me it was just not interesting in this FFXII.

Yes to Tactics Ivalice NO to anything to do with FFXII Ivalice.

Anyone else feel the same way??

The only Ivalice I want is the Final Fantasy Tactics Universe. I mean a True Final Fantasy Tactics sequel or in the same universe. I really didn't like the Ivalice setting in Final Fantasy XII. It just wasn't interesting to me. I didn't like the old style setting with the futuristic ships and stuff. Usually that stuff doesn't bother me as I don't mind that kind of setting in other games but personally for me it was just not interesting in this FFXII.

Yasumi Matsuno.
for example: The large sci-fi type airship in FF12, was a designer's idea, not his at all

Lynx_7

I also greatly prefer Tactics Ivalice over XII's, but I'm pretty sure the latter was also designed by Matsuno? I guess we'll never know the extent of the changes when they shifted directors, but I always assumed the setting stayed largely the same as originally intended by Matsuno and the story was what suffered the most.

I learned something new today lol

If they do another Tactics game it'd pretty much have to be a prequel set during the 50 years war

sMwMnJP.png

Juxo

I'm sure everyone would agree another Vagrant Story and playing as a Riskbreaker is the correct choice here.

Either a remake, remaster or a full blown sequel would make me very happy.
Still have the original PS1 disc, but the delay every time you need to use the menu is an absolute killer.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
St. Ajora game?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Only if they get Matsuno on board, which has already been echoed in this thread. Wouldn't mind another Ivalice game in XII-era and FFT2, but I'm being greedy.

I think Square Enix more dramatically separating out their business divisions was the right call.

Tabata and BD2 getting to make a new IP/series that follows up on the designs of Final Fantasy XV will allow fans of that style of game to actually get an ongoing series instead of it just being thrown to the wind like the Final Fantasy XII fan base was.

It'd be a waste not to continue it. You've got a dedicated team who have spent months polishing up this hybrid engine and making experimental DLC for it. There's no reason to jump ship on all the resources poured in. As much as everyone joking calls FFXV a "fantasy based on feedback" I have a feeling the BD2 could do something really special on what they've learned from FFXV.

Bolivar687

Banned
I just want another game by Ito. If Minagawa is still there and they can contract Sakimoto and Yoshida, I'm all in. Matsuno would be the cherry on top but those guys can get it done either way.

Top Bottom