• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you embarrassed of being a gaffer?

I've told no one ever that i post on gaf. I hide my smartphone when mobile gaffing before and during class. When someone comes by and i'm browsing gaf i change it to something else. I refuse to say where i hang out online, and by lord i will never even mention the name if i think the person might know what gaf is. I'm crippled by the paranoia that someone might figure out who i am from my posts.

This is my dirty secret and i won't share it with anyone.

I name drop GAF all the time. Maybe that explains why I have no friends. Maybe you're onto something OP.

No, I don't really have any problem with it, friends know, I don't mind telling new people

cr0w

Old Member
Why should I care? I would wager than Joe walking by in class or on a bus would have no idea what GAF is.

Honestly I'm more embarrassed for a lot of Gaffers than I am of GAF itself.

Galang

Banned
I wouldn't hand out my username, but I don't think its embarrassing at all. Don't understand why it would be.

McDougles

Anytime people read an out-of-context headline and react without reading the story, post-facto making up excuses for their initial reactions while never owning up to the fact that they didn't read the post.

So daily.

Kisaya

No, but I rarely talk about it or bring it up to people who don't know the website.

I met my bf on GAF so that's literally the only time it's in conversation to non-gaffers.

My wife knows and thinks its silly, but it beats having to explain all the muffled laughter late at night...

Also, I browse it at work and hide it not because it's GAF, but because it's.. not work :p

I-hate-u

I've told no one ever that i post on gaf. I hide my smartphone when mobile gaffing before and during class. When someone comes by and i'm browsing gaf i change it to something else. I refuse to say where i hang out online, and by lord i will never even mention the name if i think the person might know what gaf is. I'm crippled by the paranoia that someone might figure out who i am from my posts.

This is my dirty secret and i won't share it with anyone.

whats-wrong-with-you.gif

PopeReal

No. I rock the GAF logo on Battlefield 1.

But seriously everyone can be embarrassed for themselves. Tons of great posters around here. Some bad ones. Some average ones like me.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
lol normies do much more shameful shit online

For a while I was. Not because of gaf specifically but just by the idea of people realizing I spend a good bit of time on an online message board. Then Reddit became a huge thing and the entire world started spending hours and hours on Facebook and I realized that probably no one cares about me using gaf one way or the other.

No, I'm proud about being part of one of the best online communities. This is like a heaven from everything on the internet.

the only time anyone I know irl talked about gaf is when my dad asked me what i was doing on my phone one time.
his response when i told him i was posting on my dumb gaming website was "Must be a lot of weirdos on there"

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
lmao no

I've told lots of people about GAF.

And if they don't understand the point of it, I just tell them it's "like Reddit," and they get it then.

Top Bottom