• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Balch Springs cop indicted for murder in death of Jordan Edwards

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

A Dallas County grand jury on Monday indicted Roy Oliver, the fired Balch Springs police officer who shot and killed 15-year-old Jordan Edwards, on a murder charge. Oliver was also charged with four counts of aggravated assault, for the four other teenagers in the car with Edwards when Oliver shot a rifle into the vehicle as it drove away from a party on April 29.

Oliver, who has since been fired from the police department, faces two other assault charges connected to a separate road rage incident, in which he is accused of threatening two people with a gun. He’s currently out of jail on a $700,000 bond.

The indictment was a relatively long time coming, although convictions of officers charged with murder or manslaughter remain rare.

Murder instead of manslaughter = Can't prove intent = Not guilty of murder = Walks.

IMO.

The harsher the penalty you try to convict a police officer with, the less likely anything will happen.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Murder instead of manslaughter = Can't prove intent = Not guilty of murder = Walks.

IMO.

The harsher the penalty you try to convict a police officer with, the less likely anything will happen.

Wow, I never thought about it this way before. Sneaky fucks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

IMO.

Manslaugter is a lesser included offense on all murder charges

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia

IMO.

I thought that murder charges could be downgraded to manslaughter?

Hazmat

I'm not holding my breath, but this is the next correct step. Hopefully they'll find a fair jury, and by that I mean one that is willing to accept the possibility that a cop did something wrong.

royalan

I want to hold out hope today Justice will be served, but...RIP Jordan.

Murderers in Blue, and the "Good Cops" who aid them.

Funny thing is they going to make an example of that Somali cop. They so mad at him that they got that cop info out asap all shit about him. I don't agree with what he did but it's amazing when somebody black does something they put background check on air.

"He was no angel..." That shit fits regardless of vocation.

Top Bottom