• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas cop fatally shoots 15-year-old boy outside party

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
is darkies a... an american term

ive only heard south african fictional characters use it
Darkies is used any place where English is spoken and people hate blacks and other non whites. Read Tommy Chong's "Tales from the Joint," he has a relevant story.

Lemonz

C_HMmYxXgAA8jDe.jpg

C_G-p6OXcAEfZ3S.jpg

cameron

A carefully selected jury will hesitate to convict a cop for murder in the U.S.

Another gun incident

Two weeks before the shooting, Oliver, while off-duty, pulled out his gun after his truck was rear-ended along South Cockrell Hill Road in Dallas.

"As soon as I put my gear into park, he was already out of his truck, and he was at my window," said Monique Arredondo, 26. "He pulled out his gun on me."

Dressed in plainclothes, he demanded her driver's license, she said. "I'm like, 'You need to put your gun away. There's no need for the gun in my face.'"

Arredondo said her 13-year-old sister was in the back seat. "She's crying, not knowing what's going to happen."

When Dallas police officers arrived, Oliver had his gun holstered on his hip and a police badge clipped to his belt.

"Oliver told officers that at one point he had his gun out in a 'low ready' position and identified himself as a police officer because he believed the other individual may be reaching for a weapon or attempting to flee," Dallas police spokeswoman Debra Webb said in an email. The responding officers "determined that no offense occurred," she said.
Trigger happy gun nut loves his gun.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well at least this dude is fucked from the looks of it. I'm sure some all white jury well let him off or something insane but at least he's no longer a cop.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Well at least this dude is fucked from the looks of it. I'm sure some all white jury well let him off or something insane but at least he's no longer a cop.
He'll be immediately hired by some other the department right after a jury acquits him.

Montresor

This is disgusting. Am I right in interpreting that the only reason justice is being served is because the victim was like a perfect model grade A citizen? This cop deserves to go to jail for the rest of his life and the kid and his family deserve justice. But it seems like luck of the draw that justice is occurring in the first place. If the kid didn't have straight As and whatnot would the police department and media be looking for any excuse to exonerate the cop?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This is disgusting. Am I right in interpreting that the only reason justice is being served is because the victim was like a perfect model grade A citizen? This cop deserves to go to jail for the rest of his life and the kid and his family deserve justice. But it seems like luck of the draw that justice is occurring in the first place. If the kid didn't have straight As and whatnot would the police department and media be looking for any excuse to exonerate the cop?

Sad to say but if you're the victim of a white person a lot of times unless you're Mr. Rogers you deserve what you got.

If Jordan had drugs in his system or was a lackluster student then his death would have been justified by the police and media.

There is no reason to think otherwise.

If Jordan had drugs in his system or was a lackluster student then his death would have been justified by the police and media.

There is no reason to think otherwise.

And dont yall think for a second the media didnt look for incriminating pictures of Jordan or dirt on his family members.

And dont yall think for a second the media didnt look for incriminating pictures of Jordan or dirt on his family members.

"Breaking news we have discovered that the alleged victim Jordan has ties to gang activities. We recently discovered that Jordan's close cousin Matthew has pictures posted online with him wearing all red. With further investigation we have uncovered that Matthew is in, what we believe, a spinoff of the gang called Bloods. Here is a clear picture of Matthew in all red during his attendance at Stanford. Matthew is holding up a gang hand sign with comments under the picture repeating "Nupe" and "Kongrats"

Dmented

Banned

I was wondering about that. I haven't really been following this but all the pictures I've seen of the kid, not one of them are "bad" or even remotely considered "thuggish" to racist clowns. I was wondering if there were any and if they were being circulated on FB/Twitter by the usual racist assholes claiming he was a thug and deserved it.

So fucking sad people have to put their racist bullshit in this and not care that a fucking KID was murdered. A KID who did absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever.

Murkas

If those were mug shots and the family didn't or wouldn't supply photos then the decision to not show their faces should have been simple.

Enormously disrespectful if that's what they used.

I'm watching on a phone but couldn't they also be drivers license portraits?

Doubtful, look right under their names, it says which Sheriff's office they're from (unless the sheriff office deals with driving license portraits, I can't say).

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
RIP, kid.

So police department had a gun psycho on payroll. And nobody gave a damn, until a kid died.

Slacker

FYI this tragedy happened because Balch Springs doesn't have enough activities to keep youth off the streets, at least according to a city council member who's also running for Mayor:

C_jVlWOUAAAcmxb.jpg

I had to hear the wrongest of all wrong takes for myself so I listened to the meeting here:

https://clyp.it/id1acg1j (around 16:30)

Victim blaming? Yeah just a wee bit. Hopefully these geniuses can get a lacrosse league or something going so they can keep kids from getting in the way of their cops' bullets.

Enzom21

FYI this tragedy happened because Balch Springs doesn't have enough activities to keep youth off the streets, at least according to a city council member who's also running for Mayor:

C_jVlWOUAAAcmxb.jpg

I had to hear the wrongest of all wrong takes for myself so I listened to the meeting here:

https://clyp.it/id1acg1j (around 16:30)

Victim blaming? Yeah just a wee bit. Hopefully these geniuses can get a lacrosse league or something going so they can keep kids from getting in the way of their cops' bullets.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/new...lch-springs-long-police-killed-jordan-edwards
Under the next chief, the black officers suffered hostility, Brooks says. He felt it particularly when he married a white female officer. ”They fired my wife first, because she married a black man."
Often, he said, white officers refused to help black officers on calls. ”Cases where lives are being threatened, they would not send anyone to back us up."

Brooks said that when he complained, a City Council member supported him. ”They burned a cross in his yard."
Brooks, his wife and the two other black officers sued the department for harassment and discrimination. In 1990, a federal judge ruled that the chief had violated their rights by allowing them to be harassed, and the city agreed to pay $150,000.
Yeah the city sounds like a wonderful place...

Enzom21

Enzom21

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jordan-edwards-police-shooting_us_595515bce4b0da2c7321b7f3

No teens were drinking or doing illicit drugs at a house party in suburban Dallas where Edwards, 15, was killed on April 29, a law enforcement official told the Dallas Morning News this week.

A newly released autopsy report also reveals that Edwards wasn’t under the influence when officer Roy Oliver shot him. The officer was responding to a reports that teens had been drinking at a party.

An unidentified law enforcement official told the Dallas Morning News that Oliver and another officer were inside the party just before the fatal encounter, and saw kids carrying energy drinks and sodas. They didn’t find any evidence of underage consumption, except for an empty beer bottle in a kitchen trash can.
I still have very little faith that there will be conviction for Jordan's murder.

They told every fucking lie they could and it blew up in their fucking faces. Maybe this country will finally grow a spine and we can get a jury that actually does the right thing.

Imm0rt4l

It shouldn't, but we both know it would have been used by the defense as some sort of justification for the murder.
True. That precondition of "innocence" required to even give a modicum of a fuck for black life. It cuts 2 ways, it re-entrenches the need for 'respectability' and it's necessary to progress towards some semblance of justice.
They told every fucking lie they could and it blew up in their fucking faces. Maybe this country will finally grow a spine and we can get a jury that actually does the right thing.

Texas: "hold my beer"

takriel

Why is it so easy apparently to become a cop in the US? They should introduce harder entrance exams that get rid of this scum.

So they were driving away from the officer when he opened fire and presumably he didn't call out or identify himself, and he fired several shots into the vehicle?! There are no words. Cunt. Just execute him. It'll be a travesty if he gets away with this.

White supremacy does everything it can to protect its own. I have little expectation of a conviction.

"I will scared" will get a jury to acquit when it comes to cops taking Black life.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...indicted-pulling-gun-driver-article-1.3269386

Cop is also being indicted on gun charges for pulling his weapon on someone who rear-ended him in fucking April.

Jordan would have been alive if they had fired him for that.

I bet you judge won't even let the jury hear about this... White supremacy protects it's own.

I bet you judge won't even let the jury hear about this... White supremacy protects it's own.

Isn't that the point though - that the jury is supposed to judge cases individually and remain impartial? I presume it's the judge who considers previous crimes or cases when it comes to sentencing.

Symphonia

Banned
Isn't that the point though - that the jury is supposed to judge cases individually and remain impartial? I presume it's the judge who considers previous crimes or cases when it comes to sentencing.
That's how it's supposed to be, yes, but it doesn't always work that way. A number of factors can be added to the equation when it comes to the jury judging a case - personal opinions, judgement of appearance, bribes, etc. Honestly, there is no such thing as a truly unbiased jury or juror. And certainly no such thing as a fair and just judge.

I really think they need to review the recruiting process for police officers. Some people just shouldn't be in this line of work.

RIP.

Is it just the recruiting or is it also the training? US cops seems so gun happy, they must be being taught to shoot first and ask questions later.

Top Bottom