• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas cop fatally shoots 15-year-old boy outside party

Gattsu25

Banned
Finally a good update on this.

Two questions:
Will he still be able to apply to other departments?
Will he get charged for the murder that he committed?

The amount of people that needed to reserve judgement and wait for more info in order to decide if a 15 year old deserved to die are part of the problem.

I'm tired, man.

Enzom21

The amount of people that needed to reserve judgement and wait for more info in order to decide if a 15 year old deserved to die are part of the problem.

I'm tired, man.

More often than not, the "wait for more information" folks are waiting for more information that clears the cops. Notice how they disappear once that doesn't happen.
Is also usually said when the victim is black. They are pretty transparent at this point.

RinsFury

Give that badge wearing murderer life in prison. Anything less than that would be a joke.

Of course instead he will get paid vacation, a promotion, and a transfer to a new location.

Give that badge wearing murderer life in prison. Anything less than that would be a joke.

Of course instead he will get paid vacation, a promotion, and a transfer to a new location.

No poromotion since he's being fired but I wouldn't be surprised if a new precinct hired and promoted him

Enzom21

Here's the murderer:
http://heavy.com/news/2017/05/roy-o...er-cop-name-fired-photos-balch-springs-texas/
roy-oliver-1.jpg

roy-oliver-5.jpg

He's appealing his termination. I doubt he will be charged with anything.

Appealing his termination yet they said his actions go against their core value, and of course they spent the first few days backing up his story without proof but now want the situation to be treated with a sense of poise.

I just…why???

Because the country demands it. The US isn't just apathetic but encourages the confluence of elements that leads to this. From gun to hero worship to racism and stereotyping to legal corruption and an earnestness to maintain a status quo rather than change or confront truth

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Not gonna lie, I am honestly surprised by this. Its good that he will probably be getting some sort of punishment at least.

With how fast this is going, it gives me hope.

That video must be damning. But then again, that's what I thought with other video in other cases.

Enzom21

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...cer-killed-jordan-edwards-faces-murder-charge
The warrant
Oliver and a second officer, both wearing body cameras, went into the "house party" in the 12000 block of Baron Drive. They were talking to the host when they heard what sounded like gunshots, the arrest warrant affidavit says.
Both cops went outside to see what was going on and saw several people running toward the corner of Shepherd Lane and Baron Drive. The second officer walked toward the area where he thought the shots has been fired.
Oliver went to the patrol car and got his rifle, a Modern Carbine, Model MC5.
The second officer tried to stop a black Chevrolet Impala at the intersection. The car slowly reversed and the second officer pulled his gun and walked toward the passenger side of the car.
As the car started to drive forward, the officer used his gun to break the rear passenger window.
That's when Oliver got behind the officer and fired several rounds into the car as it drove past him.
Other Balch Springs officers stopped the car in the 12000 block of Bishop Drive, about two blocks from the party. Jordan Edwards had a gunshot wound to his head. He was taken to Baylor by helicopter.
Dallas County investigators retrieved four rifle cartridges from the intersection of Shepherd Lane and Baron Drive and took Oliver's rifle into evidence.
The warrant says Oliver "committed this offense while he intended to cause serious bodily injury in an act clearly dangerous to human life."

Wilsongt

Excellent. Straight up murder. Lock his ass up.

And the cynic in me is thinking the reason they are going to charge the cop is because they haven't been able to dig up dirt on the victim to start playing up the "no angel" angle...

Culex

Banned
Excellent. Straight up murder. Lock his ass up.

And the cynic in me is thinking the reason they are going to charge the cop is because they haven't been able to dig up dirt on the victim to start playing up the "no angel" angle...

I bet the kid has a squeaky clean record and they are clearly hitting the "oh shit" button

Edit : yep!

Jordan was a straight-A student and a standout athlete who was beloved by his schoolmates at Mesquite High School. He played on the freshman football team and was supposed to begin playing defensive back this spring.

The Lamp

I've been nothing but pleasantly surprised by Dallas-area police departments and their ethics and training. I'm glad that when someone fucked up, the proper consequences occurred. He deserves to be charged.

GrapeApes

People talking that All Lives Matter bullshit can kick rocks. If actions by the police weren't brought out in the open by BLM and others this guy skates. The officer's story would have been gospel and this kid would have been labeled a thug. If this was 2012 this would have been swept under the rug and officer would still be policing. Glad that police can actually be held accountable.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, where are the charges for every other officer on scene who backed up the "HE'S COMING RIGHT FOR US" lie and tried to deny Jordan justice?

commedieu

Banned
Let's hope he dies in jail.

But.. eh.. probably wI'll only see community service and a book deal @ trump's next hate rally.

Glad he's been charged, but man that account! so they 'hear' shots, see a car and 'try' to stop the slowly moving car, then go straight to break window and fire 4 shots at head height without knowing if; It was where the shots came from, if they were armed etc etc etc

god damn this shit is ridiculous, i'm not even sure why the average patrol car should even carry a carbine

Top Bottom