• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAJOR rumormongering from Mr. Luke Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

theBishop

Banned
Damn it... this is the worst rumormongering i've ever seen, even for a 1up guy.

If this doesn't pan out -> Banned for life...
from my heart...

killzone-ps3-20060113105049144.jpg

Rumors pointed at the game's intended resurgence at their pre-launch Gamers' Day event last year. Ultimately, if the rumors are to be believed, Sony shelved showing Killzone 2 in favor of spotlighting Insomniac's new shooter franchise (and it will be a franchise) Resistance. The same rumors have pointed to Killzone 2 being much further along than previously expected -- with the apex of the rumor arc concluding that the game has been playable online for almost a year.

Expect a playable Killzone 2 demo to be released (hmm, Phil Harrison is keynoting at GDC...) before gamers are participating in the beta for Halo 3.

More Here:
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7846169&publicUserId=5519593

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
NeoGAF, the preeminent video game industry discussion community, about to ****ing explode.

That would generate a massive amount of momentum for the PS3. I hope it turns out to be true for the sake of PS3 owners.

Agent X

I'd love for this to be true, but we haven't even received demos for launch titles like Tony Hawk's Project 8, Madden NFL 07, and Ridge Racer 7 here in the US.

So pardon me if I'm somewhat skeptical here.

superNoid

Banned
OH LOOK! A rumor for PS3 owners to grab a hold of and sleep with at night. Vision of sugar plums will dance in your head nightly until GDC ends and all your dreams and wishes don't come true ... again. :lol

Come on now, Killzone first off already had 2 chances at establishing itself as a high profile franchise, and while the PS2 version is a greatest hit, it is by far not close to the highest selling PS2 games out there. Also Killzone: Liberation for the PSP has suffered a worse fate and hasn't sold that great at all.

Whereas the Halo franchise is a friggin juggernaut, companies move their release schedules around because of the Halo franchise.

Does anyone actually think that Kilzone 2 regardless of its a great game or not, has a chance at coming close the success that Halo 3 will no doubt have? It won't happen period.

theBishop

Banned
mysticstylez said:
Come on now, Killzone first off already had 2 chances at establishing itself as a high profile franchise, and while the PS2 version is a greatest hit, it is by far not close to the highest selling PS2 games out there. Also Killzone: Liberation for the PSP has suffered a worse fate and hasn't sold that great at all.

Whereas the Halo franchise is a friggin juggernaut, companies move their release schedules around because of the Halo franchise.

Does anyone actually think that Kilzone 2 regardless of its a great game or not, has a chance at coming close the success that Halo 3 will no doubt have? It won't happen period.

Welcome to the thread. please. make yourself at home.

Agent X said:
I'd love for this to be true, but we haven't even received demos for launch titles like Tony Hawk's Project 8, Madden NFL 07, and Ridge Racer 7 here in the US.

So pardon me if I'm somewhat skeptical here.

Releasing demo of Killzone would generate tremendous amount of buzz for Sony. No advertising campaign can beat that publicity.

Oh don't be such crybabies about this. WHo cares if it doesn't sell as well as Halo. Nobody would be surprised, what it will do is create a staple franchise for PS3 fans to enjoy. You know almost the same can be said about Xbox and how Halo basically saved it as it was "the game" for the system.

Lets all just relax, even though it may be false lets just have some fun?

OverHeat

« generous god »
MirageDwarf said:
Releasing demo of Killzone would generate tremendous amount of buzz for Sony. No advertising campaign can beat that publicity.
Except if the game do not live to the hype....

NinSoX

Banned
I can't wait. The guys at gametrailer's forum tells me developers have been saying that the graphics will exceed the E3 05 trailer :)

Quick quick, where are the xbot asshats to come and try and piss all over the positive PS3 news!
Oh wait they already started their crap.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
MirageDwarf said:

This game, maybe second just to Halo 3 has to live up to the considerable hype that it has been given. Home run doesn't cut it here. Bottom of the 9th, walk off grand slam is what they need with this game, even if just for the visuals alone.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Freaking awesome...

Time to see if Harrison can keep his word!

Meier

disappeared said:
That would generate a massive amount of momentum for the PS3. I hope it turns out to be true for the sake of PS3 owners.

Do you honestly think the sequel to a game that no one cared about is going to turn the tide in any manner when compared to Halo 3? The general public has no idea what Killzone is or was, let alone has any knowledge of Killzone 2. Even if this looks anywhere near as good as the original CGI, any footage/demos of Halo 3 will completely knock it off any pedestal it's sitting on.

And that's a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom