• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Dibbz

So, how many of you guys are going to be online tonight to destroy some of the new F2P players? I know I will, and I'll definitely be on this weekend for the double XP.

If you see me online just send me an invite. Unless I'm stuck in Demon Souls or in the middle of a race on GT5 I should be able to join you.

Keasar

I seriously cannot see the appeal of the multiplayer, recently bought the stand-alone, played about 10-11 rounds, my team lost them all except one because of constant clan stacking on the enemy team that proceeded to just steamroll us. It mostly each round goes to a sniper and rocket fest of 1-shot kills left and right, camping our main spawn and mowing us down as we try to even leave the area.

And I gotta say I hate the upgrade system, the upgrading puts all the veterans in a serious advantage, look at the infiltrator, cannot detect the enemy unless up close picking their nose unlike the first upgrade that makes you detectable at any range? Engineer turrets starting to aim faster and shoot rockets? This is honestly bullshit in my opinion, when it comes to a competitive multiplayer FPS like this, my belief is that no "upgrades" should put people in a serious advantage because they have spent alot more time on the game then anyone new, that shit belongs in MMOs like World of Warcraft.

I just kinda wish there was some decent matchmaking, or perhaps different lobbies for people joining alone and those playing with their clans.

There, I am done with my angry rant after my 8th lost round in a row. Had to get that out of my system.

Massa

Killzone 3 is very much a game where as soon as a team takes complete control of the map you might as well call it quits; you lost. Also try to play games in Bilgarsk, Stahl Arms and Lente, these are the best maps. Avoid Akmir and Pyrrhus Crater in Warzone at all costs, these maps are awful.

For leveling up you should play some GW, just enough to max out one of the classes shouldn't take long.

namDa65

Killzone 3 is very much a game where as soon as a team takes complete control of the map you might as well call it quits; you lost. Also try to play games in Bilgarsk, Stahl Arms and Lente, these are the best maps. Avoid Akmir and Pyrrhus Crater in Warzone at all costs, these maps are awful.

For leveling up you should play some GW, just enough to max out one of the classes shouldn't take long.

This. I really really really like the gunplay in this game. The spawning system sucks asshole.

7/10 in stead of 9.5/10 because of the spawning system for me. :S

rvy

Banned
Audio gets desynchronized in cutscenes sometimes.
u4hYE.gif

Been fun so far though. Lots of variety.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Hey guys

replaying killzone 2 today and Im noticing something really weird. the helghast death animations are exactly the same every single time. they would turn around and drop on their knees. its like the physics impulses are not activating or something.

a bug or a glitch? anyone else experience this?

edit: nvm fixed it.

nib95

Banned
After completing Halo 4, I thought I'd go back and have a quick go at both KZ2 and KZ3 to see how they compare. Realised when played back to back, KZ3 is actually far better looking. Much more detail, better lighting, more post processing, effects, textures, texture methods etc. The AA implementation in a couple of levels is a bit iffy, but otherwise the game is ridiculously detailed, much more so than KZ2 and Halo 4 imo.

The scale in no 3's campaign is also actually bigger than I realised or remembered. Main two things I've noticed I really do miss from KZ2 however, the excessive motion blur (please bring it back GG!) and lastly, blood clouds. When you shot someone up close with an assault rifle etc in KZ2, as well as the splatters, dust, bits etc, you'd get like a plume of bloody looking gas. This seems to be gone or toned down severely in KZ3, unless you're using certain weapons. I miss it, definitely adds to the satisfaction of close quarters kills.

So yea, more motion blur and blood plumes/sprays. Bring em back!

KalBalboa

Banned
So I finally got around to starting the game, but it won't start :(

I read this is an issue with the 1.14 patch. Any way to get around it?

Haven't had this issue or heard about it, but I have noticed the game will crash when checking trophies during a load screen (happened to me twice).

Side note: anyone want to help me get my final trophy in this game? I need a cloak kill online.

Dibbz

Haven't had this issue or heard about it, but I have noticed the game will crash when checking trophies during a load screen (happened to me twice).

Side note: anyone want to help me get my final trophy in this game? I need a cloak kill online.

That's pretty easy man. Pick marksman, get VC32, go cloak, trophy is yours.

Dibbz

Every time you fire a weapon you lose the cloak though, right? I need to land a melee while invisible, basically, or grind to upgrade the cloak.

Yeah if you don't have it upgraded. Do you have the radar jammer or anything? Get the radar to second level to keep you off the radar or just I suppose you could camp and hope someone runs right past you and snap em in two :p

velociraptor

I'm playing Killzone 3 again, and what the hell - how does this game look this good? It almost looks as good as high-end PC games minus the 720p resolution.

Dibbz

I play KZ3 every week and yup it looks beautiful.

That GG magic sauce. Great combination of amazing programmers and artists.

I'm playing this game for the first time and it has to be one of the best looking games this generation on the 360 and PS3 combined.

Those flames going around are just incredible. Surprising to see this because it is running on tech that is 8 years old.

merrick97

Banned
I apologize for resurrecting this thread, but there is a widespread issue about the game locking up after 1.14 patch and I was wondering if anyone on GAF had figured out how to get the game to run. I have checked all over the net and have not been able to get a solid answer.

Thanks.

keezy

I've never played KZ and I'm really looking forward to SF. I think I'm going to snag a used copy after work today and start playing. I think they were like $9 used at Gamestop. Is there still an active online community for this game? Just curious.

jsnepo

Anyone having problems with the latest patch? Killzone 3 is now getting a lot of freezing and sometimes it's not even responding.

Just fired this up after years of not playing only to find seemingly that it has problems with booting. Interesting, since I'm using Bluetooth headphones, it seems the audio is still working so it might be an HDMI issue. But needless to say, deleting game data, playing without, re installing it, and playing signed out all do not work. Seems like the 1.14 patch caused some issues for some users via the guerrilla forums but they haven't done anything about it in like a year and a half.

Any hope I'll ever be able to play this game again?

Top Bottom