• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target put up a page for Bethesda: Game of Thrones

Assuming it's real, who do you think is making this?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagg9

Bethesda? They seem like the wrong match for a game that needs strong storytelling.

giphy.gif

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Well it has to be better than the atlus and telltale games. But Bethesda aren't exactly killing it with their recent releases.

g23

European pre-madonna
for context. bethesda originally was approached for a got game, but the decided on doing fallout 4 instead

Acorn

Wonder how many pages of the same post reworded this thread will get.

They are probably only publishing fwiw.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Bethesda? They seem like the wrong match for a game that needs strong storytelling.

Unless they leave the writing to the GoT TV crew (or GRRM himself) or something and they just work on the game part.

I can see it. Although I think CDPR is the better studio for this type of game, given the Wither 3's story presentation.

This is going to be awful. The gameplay might be serviceable but Bethesda doesn't have the writing staff to do this justice. Then again, judging by Season 7, neither does HBO.

I can see them doing a great job. If they give it the same amount of love and care as Skyrim

If we get the same love and care that was put into Skyrim, it's not going to be good. Skyrim was a technically incompetent mess surrounded by a bunch of missed opportunities. I mean, it looks good next to Fallout 4 but that's not saying much when compared to previous games in the series. Let's hope they step up their game now that they'll be directly compared to CDPR's output.

I can't wait to see King's Landing. Calling it now, 12 buildings and the Red Keep

Considering that Focus Home Interactive and Cyanide (of all people) managed to get the licence (and did two crappy games with it), I can't imagine the licence cost that much for Bethesda. That said, I would suspect that this won't be developed by Bethesda Games Studios and so judging by recent trends it'll probably be great, but be a commercial bomb.

If it does turn out to be Bethesda Games Studios' next project, then it'll be garbage but it will inevitably sell millions of copies.

hydruxo

How did you even find that page lmao

Anyways, I'm down. I like Bethesda RPGs even if the writing can be weak at times.

tesqui

This is going to be awful. The gameplay might be serviceable but Bethesda doesn't have the writing staff to do this justice. Then again, judging by Season 7, neither does HBO.

But Skyrim was a technically incompetent mess surrounded by a bunch of missed opportunities. I mean, it looks good next to Fallout 4 but that's not saying much.

I thought PS3 was the only version that was truly terrible? I only played on PC, so it was fine for me.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Didn't Bethesda Game Studios say they are working on two new games other than the next Elder Scrolls and those two games are bigger than anything they've done before? GoT would fit that criteria if they want to really run with the license.

wipeout364

I am interested in what big studio people think would do the series justice since everyone is shitting on Bethesda?
Activision
Ubisoft
Electronic Arts
Microsoft
Sony
Warner Brothers
CD project red would take years, its taking them years just to get a card game out.

Bethesda to me has been knocking it out of the park the last few years with Doom, Dishonoured, Evil Within, elder scrolls online, Wofenstein and yes Fallout 4 was fine IMO. I think they are a fine choice for it.

I don't think a good Game of Thrones game is possible. Unless it's a realtime strategy game or something.

Yeah, its called Crusader Kings 2. Or more specifically, just get the Game of Thrones mod for it and there is your ideal Game of Thrones game.

I just don't quite get how a typical Bethesda open world game fits Game of Thrones much at all.

Raysoul

Fuck the storytelling, just let me play Jon Snow riding a dragon, fighting the Night King, then fucking Queen Dany.

Buckle

So...would it be Skyrim but with less magic, monsters and like 90% more bandits?

Shit, I would be down for that.

I am interested in what big studio people think would do the series justice since everyone is shitting on Bethesda?
Activision
Ubisoft
Electronic Arts
Microsoft
Sony
Warner Brothers
CD project red would take years, its taking them years just to get a card game out.

Bethesda to me has been knocking it out of the park the last few years with Doom, Dishonoured, Evil Within, elder scrolls online, Wofenstein and yes Fallout 4 was fine IMO. I think they are a fine choice for it.

Taleworlds and Paradox. Have them work together.

Like, would I play a Skyrim-esque game set in Westeros? Sure, of course I would.

I'd rather they continue working in their own universe though.

VeeP

So...would it be Skyrim but with less magic, monsters and like 90% more bandits?

Shit, I would be down for that.

Depending on the era, location, source (show vs book) we could easily see magic in the form of children of the forest, white walkers, sorcerers, etc.

Buckle

Like, would I play a Skyrim-esque game set in Westeros? Sure, of course I would.

I'd rather they continue working in their own universe though.
That or an IP thats abit more distinct from the two they usually work on (if this is being made in the same open world RPG design TES and Fallout are).

I'd be all over them doing a property like Star Wars in that style somehow.

"You've discovered another moisture farm."

90% of Tatooine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom