• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

Wallach

Phantasy Star Online was first.

And Destiny is basically a modern PSO heh.

Sure, and really EverQuest was the predecessor to World of Warcraft. It's just like with World of Warcraft, the name and resources are what wind up allowing you to introduce the game to a much larger audience, and they basically became the first real experience a lot of players ever had with the idea.

It's something Blizzard has really shaped their development strategies around. I don't think it is a coincidence that Blizzard was interested in getting into this deal.

noomi

So if weapon stats are fixed, what does that mean for when you get a weapon at level 5, but you're now level 10. Does it scale with your level or is there a level 10 version of those fixed stats set for level 10? I'm mainly wondering to know when to purchase exotics and whatnot, because if the exotic is weaker because of my level then I would hold off.

Weapons did not scale in D1 but we did have infusion. You likely wont be using level 5 weapons when you get to level 10. Anything prior to level 20 you should probably toss and then just focus on end game gear.

So soon! I've got my XBO version pre-ordered, but I'm also ready for that PC port.

I need it in my life.
I'm thankful that I barely register a meaningful difference between the two. I'd play on PC if I had a rig but won't enjoy it any less at 30. I'm happy that those its a dealbreaker for will get to experience the Destiny universe though.

ll_J0N_ll

I got a ticket for this train. Preloaded in NZ. As soon as I get home from work I'm hittin the sack then up at midnight for nerd out in the social space with er... maybe 3 or 4 other people?

This is what is going to get me to make Voidwalker the second subclass I max. The uptime on Devour can be insane, especially once we know all the exotics I'd wager.

Yeah, I've gone from thinking I might give up on the Warlock entirely for Destiny 2 and going with 2 Hunters and a Titan to actually maybe going with a Voidwalker Warlock as my second character.

Planning on running some raids tonight with a friend before switching to Destiny 2.

Is Crotas End still do able with 2 people? He needs the flawless raider trophy and I was going to help him out.

AaronMT86

Import character or start from scratch?

I've been wondering how that works. Will we have three (or however many D1) characters already created ready to start the game with our D1 appearances or will we have to delete the pre-mades to create a new character or what?

Magwik

Banned
Well I managed to snag a Pro pre-order. I am ashamed of such a double dip but 2 months is too much for PC.

Now what PS4 clans are open?

So soon! I've got my XBO version pre-ordered, but I'm also ready for that PC port.
30fps
d2slam3092fbe.gif

60fps
d2Slam60.gif

I need it in my life.

? I can't see the difference.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Weapons did not scale in D1 but we did have infusion. You likely wont be using level 5 weapons when you get to level 10. Anything prior to level 20 you should probably toss and then just focus on end game gear.

Okay, thanks! So level 20 weapons should be fine to keep, as that's the max level a weapon can be at presumably.

I'll be honest, I played a Warlock in D1 and had a blast as a mostly solo PVE player, the self rez came clutch pretty often in a lot of scenarios. However I never really liked how my Guardian looked, I always thought Hunters looked cooler. With D2 coming now, I can make the choice between both classes, of course keeping in mind I will most likely still continue my lone wolf adventures out in space.

In terms of utility, there's no doubt the Warlock would be the best choice. But I already played Destiny 1 as a Warlock, so playing a different class should be a lot of fun too. Plus cloaks look dope as shit and dodging looks so smooth when done in the middle of a heavy firefight.

I don't know what to do.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
It's confirmed that you can.

The rewards are account based, not character based.

Do we know if there are rewards depending on what you've done (different tiered rewards), or is it just based around having had a character in Destiny?

TsuWave

Import character or start from scratch?

do you lose/gain anything for starting/not starting from scratch?

i'm thinking i'm gonna start from scratch, but it depends on the answers to that question

edit - apparently it makes no difference so i'm gonna start from scratch

Roussow

So I like the idea that I can carry over my character and their appearence from the first game, but what if I wanted to redesign it a bit in the newer creator? Is that possible or the character visually locked?

darthbob

Does anyone care about the date shown at log in? Just curious.

I'll care when I see my Exo Male Titan and it says 9/9/2014

Other than that, not really. Probably gonna remake my Female Awoken Warlock, messed up her hair because lack of rotate options...

AaronMT86

So I like the idea that I can carry over my character and their appearence from the first game, but what if I wanted to redesign it a bit in the newer creator? Is that possible or the character visually locked?

Nope, unfortunately not. The character creator is supposedly not that much different from the first game which is another bummer.

Top Bottom