• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatfest leaked - Puyo Puyo vs Tetris

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
DNUzfwTUMAAzlmA.jpg

Black_Red

A Marina instawin.
Most people never played puyo-puyo.
Also, people who played both and have good taste will pick Tetris.

Shadic7700

Wtf what are these garbage game Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine MOFOS
yes I know MBM is puyo
either way I'm picking Tetris cause partial colour blindness makes Puyo impossible to play...

Raitaro

Cool idea but the downside to this is that it will create even more scenario's in which I get to hear people (no offense but predominantly in the States it seems - I'm looking at you in particular Jeff Gerstmann!) say Poyo Poyo (as in "Ponyo" or "poncho") instead of Puyo Puyo (with the "u" sounding like the "e" in "few"). It sounds nitpicky and petty I admit, but this has actually become one of my biggest gaming podcast/video related pet peeves. Definitely a serious contender to replace Mehrio/Mario and Ryeyu/Ryu at the very least.

Also: Panel de Pon / Tetris Attack would win from both imo and should have been the real opposition to either if not for Nintendo's unwillingness or inability to re-license the Western name for it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My only gripe in PP vs Tetris is that PP is hilariously underpowered when giving out garbage vs. Tetris.

Top Bottom