• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pew study: Europe will be 10-15% muslim (Sweden 31%) by 2050.What will it entail?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
http://www.pewforum.org/2017/11/29/europes-growing-muslim-population/

Pew has this very detailed study about the future of Islam in Europe. And it basically takes three scenarios- no immigration, medium immigration and high immigration.

The results can be summarized below.

euro1imkg0.jpg

A country by country projection for medium and high immigration scenario is below.

euro2rcjr2.jpg

euro361kou.jpg

It would not be wrong to say that this is going to have momentous impact on the future of the world, especially western civilization. This will change Europe's culture, politics, religion (obviously) and much more. It will not only divide Europe between more 'Christian' east and more 'Muslim' west, it will make western Europe, currently the leader of liberal thoughts in the world, much more conservative. US and Europe will drift apart and western Europe will have more in common with middle-east, at least to some extent. I mean, Sweden will have 31% Muslim population in just 3 more decades!

And these projections are only till 2050 (which is a mere ~30 years away). Another 30 years or so and by 2100 we are looking at a majority Muslim western Europe (if global warming doesnt kill us all, that is).

What else will it change? What will western Europe look like? Like Turkey? Will the EU survive? Will USA isolate itself from all this? Will there be wars/tension between West and East Europe? How will it shape the world? These are very important questions. Lets discuss.

JordanN

Banned
Meh, don't really care which religion takes over.

Before Islam, Christianity wasn't native to Europe. I'm pretty sure there where Vikings, the Gauls and the Normans who were living there and practiced another religion.

Regions always change throughout history. It's no different today.

Instead of complaining about another group taking over, why not increase the birth rate of your own? Nothing says Christians can't have children at the same rate as Muslims.

JordanN

Banned
I have yet to see a Muslim society embrace progressive values. I wonder if by 2050, Muslims will be hostile toward women and gays?

If we're going to blame Muslims on this, you gotta include every other religion that is patriarchal.

Which is the funny thing. Christianity has a history of bloodshed and intolerance. The solution has always been to maintain secular values.

i-Lo

Hopefully, with time each generation will become more and more progressive. And then it'll also have to be taken to account how many of them will be practising Muslims as opposed to ones only carrying the name. And then even within the practising ones where they will fit in in terms of progressive vs conservative spectrum.

But it starts with two things-

1. Ensuring these people are not made to feel alienated because it'll be the biggest barrier to integration and

2. Places that radicalize youths need to be dealt with.

I have yet to see a Muslim society embrace progressive values. I wonder if by 2050, Muslims will be hostile toward women and gays?

They're not a monolithic group. Just all Christians aren't die hard pedophile supporting evangelicals.

If we're going to blame Muslims on this, you gotta include every other religion that is patriarchal.

Which is the funny thing. Christianity has a history of bloodshed and intolerance. The solution has always been to maintain secular values.

Muslims didn't invent sexism and homophobia, but they do it worse than anyone else I can think of on the planet. Hopefully, these new migrants to Europe have sought to live there in part so they can leave behind the regressive traits of the societies they left behind.

The difference is: Christianity has a history of that. Islam has a present of it.

JordanN

Banned
I wish the trend would go to not having a religion at all.

Even as an atheist, I feel like that just might never happen.

People will always find something to worship. Just look at fanboys who worship their consoles like it's their precious whose name cannot be slandered by other fanboys.

Religion is basically the same fear of an unknown and the increased willingness to defend such.

The difference is: Christianity has a history of that. Islam has a present of it.
Christians are still doing it.

cuate

Banned
Islam and its followers can fuck off. Their culture and society is beyond fucked. "but all religionz bad" yeah no. Compare standards of living between christian nations and muslim ones. Where'd you rather live?

RSP

People will always find something to worship. Just look at fanboys who worship their consoles like its their precious whose name cannot be slandered by other fanboys.

Religion is basically the same fear of an unknown and the increased willingness to defend such.

I dunno man. Churches have been getting really quiet in the past 20 years or so. In the Netherlands, 55% of adults said they were "religious" in one way shape or form. Just 5 years later, that figure had dropped to 50%. Would not be surprised to see an acceleration of that in the next 10 years when the vergrijzing really starts to claim some victims.

Young people just don't go to Church anymore. The idea of a God is becoming more absurd as time goes by.

golfham

People will always find something to worship. Just look at fanboys who worship their consoles like it's their precious whose name cannot be slandered by other fanboys.

Christians are still doing it.

You’re full of shit

Atrus

Gold Member
I look at these situations and don’t find it to be any problem or concern of mine. Let’s say Sweden becomes the next Saudi Arabia or some Caliphate at some time in the future.

I don’t see that as my personal problem. That’s for the Swedes to decide and the results are wholly on them.

I’m not going to be fighting battles over a religion either way just for the sake of ‘regime change’.

I figure that as the demographics change so too will the cultures values and then laws but again, this will be on the Swedes, Germans or what have you.

There’s some novel irony if Liberal countries turn around to become conservative states but I’ll laugh when I see it, not before. The future is fairly uncertain.

JordanN

Banned
Get real you're seriously going to compare Islam's widespread homophobia to Kony and his little militia group? Fuck outta here

Christianity has its share for promoting homophobia.

Why do you think same-sex marriage is still not legal worldwide? Or how it finally took until 2015 for the U.S to fully legalize it? It's also Christians who promote those "Gay Therapy" camps.

The wars you're talking about were in the 15th/16th centuries
Actually, more recent than that.

Date 1968–1998[1][2][3][4]

badb0y

People seriously arguing that homophobia is a thing of past in Christianity? Do you guys pay attention to what is happening in this country? We literally have a homophobic Vice President.

It will mean nothing but trouble for LGBT people yet the left still supports muslim migration

I mean look at France, the jews there already felt unsafe and there was a mass exodus to Israel

Euphor!a

Banned

Why do you think same-sex marriage is still not legal worldwide? Or how it finally took until 2015 for the U.S to fully legalize it? It's also Christians who promote those "Gay Therapy" camps.

Are you ever going to get around to telling us what views of the alt-right you agree with and are worth listening to?

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
People seriously arguing that homophobia is a thing of past in Christianity? Do you guys pay attention to what is happening in this country? We literally have a homophobic Vice President.

as opposed to Islamic societies, things are much better in the west

JordanN

Banned
It will mean nothing but trouble for LGBT people yet the left still supports muslim migration

I mean look at France, the jews there already felt unsafe and there was a mass exodus to Israel

Wait, are you sure they were now feeling unsafe?

Maybe you should tell me how Europe treated Jews for the past thousand of years? Or the absolute mass killings that took place from 1939 - 1945 when there were no muslims?

Again, I find it bizarre that just because Islam has its problems, every other religion gets off free. You can criticize them all equally while not trying pin every muslim as being evil.

I don't think Mike Pence is throwing gay people off buildings and stoning women for adultery.

Spare me the "He would if he could....im sure..probably" argument thats coming.

The Wikipedia article you posted says in the second paragraph that it was a political and nationalistic and not a religious conflict.

Wait, are you sure they were now feeling unsafe?

Maybe you should tell me how Europe treated Jews for the past thousand of years? Or the absolute mass killings that took place from 1939 - 1945 when there were no muslims?

Again, I find it bizarre that just because Islam has its problems, every other religion gets off free. You can criticize them all equally while not trying pin every muslim as being evil.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...and-fears-of-more-isis-inspired-a6832391.html

JordanN

Banned
The Wikipedia article you posted says in the second paragraph that it was a political and nationalistic and not a religious conflict.
Not a religious conflict by the strictest sense of the word. Protestant and Catholic have gone to war with each other for many years and the same divide existed in the Irish conflict.

Not denying that they left. I'm just saying, you can't ignore that even without Muslims, Jews still weren't safe in Europe. The biggest slaughter of Jews happened 70+ years ago and muslims didn't organize it.

golfham

The Troubles was not a religious conflict. You’re grasping at straws.

Gay camps are preferable to being thrown from a building or beheaded.

Not a religious conflict by the strictest sense of the word. Protestant and Catholic have gone to war with each other for many years and the same divide existed in the Irish conflict.

Not denying that they left. I'm just saying, you can't ignore that even without Muslims, Jews still weren't safe in Europe.

Christians are NOT driving trucks through crowds of people in the name of Jesus.

A girl raped three times in one night trying to get help was not raped by Christians.

Islam is a couple hundred years behind Christianity,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_clergy_in_Christianity

JordanN

Banned
Christians are NOT driving trucks through crowds of people in the name of Jesus.

So that's the benchmark for how awful a religion is? As long as they're not driving trucks, all other behavior and history is acceptable?

Rocket Number said:
Islam is a couple hundred years behind Christianity,
I don't really care about this when it's obvious my opinion of both religions is not favorable.

Gay camps are preferable to being thrown from a building or beheaded.
Or neither should exist.

Islam and its followers can fuck off. Their culture and society is beyond fucked. "but all religionz bad" yeah no. Compare standards of living between christian nations and muslim ones. Where'd you rather live?

Just a sliver of the 'quality' posts that are left on this forum.

The quality post that the so called echo chamber before that event would have dragged down.

This forum could have been saved, but the shit that gets posted on a daily basis, confirms the forum is fucking done for.

cuate

Banned

The quality post that the so called echo chamber before that event would have dragged down.

This forum could have been saved, but the shit that gets posted on a daily basis, confirms the forum is fucking done for.

It's my opinion. And instead of being a whiny baby, maybe refute what I said. Tell me where I'm wrong and how muslim societies human rights and values are somehow on par or better than christian predominant nations.

Atrus

Gold Member

This individual is expressing an opinion. Should it be punished?

Half my family is Muslim and yet I’m not offended. Why are you?

Must individuals enamour themselves to every ideology? I despise Communists and Communism in the same way. Is that bad?

Poison_Idea

Neo Member
In OPs link they even say that "Predicting future migration levels is impossible".
"These are not efforts to predict what will happen in the future, but rather a set of projections about what could happen under different circumstances."

To get those kind of numbers you post in the title, this would need to happen:

"Finally, a “high” migration scenario projects the record flow of refugees into Europe between 2014 and 2016 to continue indefinitely into the future with the same religious composition"

Those years were an anomaly and Sweden for example is down to minimum level of migration these days

Dunki

Meh, don't really care which religion takes over.

Before Islam, Christianity wasn't native to Europe. I'm pretty sure there where Vikings, the Gauls and the Normans who were living there and practiced another religion.

Regions always change throughout history. It's no different today.

Instead of complaining about another group taking over, why not increase the birth rate of your own? Nothing says Christians can't have children at the same rate as Muslims.

study in germany showed that 8 out of 10 mosques are teaching radical believes. So yes you should care.

JordanN

Banned
study in germany showed that 8 out of 10 mosques are teaching radical believes. So yes you should care.

I don't side with religions. My mantra is judge an individual by their own actions.

With 1.3 billion Muslims on earth, everyone would have mass suicided if you thought life would no longer go on. But here we are in 2017.

Modern muslims aren't comparable to modern Christians. They are more like Middle ages Christians.
Wonder why my Muslim co-worker didn't take out his sword and strike me then. Cause all muslims have that stuff right? Emergency swords and maces, ready to start a new caliphate.

Dunki

I don't side with religions. My mantra is judge an individual by their own actions.

With 1.3 billion Muslims on earth, everyone would have mass suicided if you thought life would no longer go on. But here we are in 2017.

Wonder why my Muslim co-worker didn't take out his sword and strike me then.
majority of muslims in the world supports sharia law. Young muslims are the ones getting radicalized. in 2010 or so a survey showed that 40% of young muslims in the UK want the Sharia

Zimbardo

Europe seems to want this mass migration ...they've been voting in favor of it time and time again. that being the case, i find it harder and harder to feel sorry for them. reap what you sow ...which will likely be more and more terrorism, and possibly/eventually Sharia Law.

people love to complain about and mock Christianity ...but have a go with Islam under Sharia and start your list of complaints. you'll be begging for the former in no time.

JordanN

Banned
Common people didn't swing swords in the middle ages either.

And many muslims are common people too by the looks of it.
It's almost like you're trying to judge the actions of a few with every day normal muslims who follow the law.

mantidor

I wish the trend would go to not having a religion at all.

I'm pretty sure this is the actual trend in Europe.

Who knows what will happen, immigration is mostly because people are fleeing the wars in Syria and others, will that war really last for other 30 years?

nkarafo

And many muslims are common people too by the looks of it.
It's almost like you're trying to judge the actions of a few with every day normal muslims who follow the law.
You don't have to take it to the extremes (swinging swords, decapitations, bombs, etc). Supporting sharia and having all these prejudices against gay men and women should be bad enough.

JordanN

Banned
people love to complain about and mock Christianity ...but have a go with Islam under Sharia and start your list of complaints. you'll be begging for the former in no time.

I grew up under Christianity, and just because there was no sharia, didn't mean I wasn't equally terrified.

Read a bible, and the stuff we fear about muslims is also contained in their holy book.

It's not Christianity that's protecting us today. We have a secular society that promotes equality and freedom instead.

Top Bottom