• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 new Mass Effect Screens (3/Apr/07)

alterego

New screens from Jeux-France.com :-

45311320070403_001930_0_big.jpg

45311320070403_001931_2_big.jpg

45311320070403_001931_3_big.jpg

45311320070403_001930_1_big.jpg

mood

So they take flak for releasing downgraded screens a few days ago, try to damage control it and then do it again. Good job!

Please look good again on release

Honestly I wouldn't even be aware these were so bad if GAF weren't around to tell me.
Drinky Crow said:
just to keep things in perspective
The perspective of BioWare vs. Random Licensed THQ Developer?

It looks a bit washed out. Makes me wonder about the source of the screenshots.

Nevermind this thread is already going to hell, best not to waste my time attempting damage-control.

Dante

It looks great.......Just not as great as the earlier media.

In all honesty those shot were WAY too clean. The biggest hit is the texture resolution on the characters.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I swear to god these pics looked good to me. Now I'm looking for flaws because GAF says they are not up to par.

What the hell?

Mirimar

mckmas8808 said:
I swear to god these pics looked good to me. Now I'm looking for flaws because GAF says they are not up to par.

What the hell?

I wasn't sure what flaws to look for myself...and I fear for comparison pics

GhaleonEB

I was scrolling through the pics thinking, hot damn that looks good. Then got to the replies. WTF? Screens look great.

Deepblue said:
As someone who can vouch for the game in person, all the haters can go screw themselves.

See now that's weird. Pretty much everyone has seen the older screens and the vids, and yet for some reason these screens start popping up when the game is close to release.

Something doesn't add up.

GhaleonEB said:
I was scrolling through the pics thinking, hot damn that looks good. Then got to the replies. WTF? Screens look great.

They are all washed out and crappy imo.

If you took the old screens you would think that the old ones were taken closer to release.

rage1973

First two stilll looks good but the last 2 characters models are all screwed up. I still trust in Bioware to get everything straightened out before game release.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
They look awesome, I'll say that but...

I don't know if its the pictures having bad artifacts due to jpg compression or something...but they do look a tad different from the super clean pics I was viewing a month ago. Its mainly the textures, I think its just the pictures image quality (not the actual game). We'll see.

Deepblue

Banned
Older shots were dev cam positioned supersampled shots, these are real game shots with crappy compression. Like I said, the game in person looks better than Gears technically, if not artistically.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
GhaleonEB said:
As someone who can vouch for the game in person, all the haters can go screw themselves.
To refresh yalls memories, these are what i and everyone else is talking about.
mass-effect-20070306014527503.jpg

mass-effect-20070306014522878.jpg

mass-effect-20070206020224035.jpg

Hell the first two were released march 6th, what happened since then? Or were they doctoring pictures the whole time? Or did they just compress the shit out of these to make them look assy?

White Man

It still looks good, but they don't look as good as previously released screens. Bad captures? Have all other screens been from cutscenes, maybe?

I'd guess bad captures, but the environments sure look flat. . .

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The Unreal 3 engine is already showing its age. It's especially concerning when every developer worth a damn is using the engine. Oh well. At least there's GTAIV.

Top Bottom