• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Football Thread 2007/2008 (Soccer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Mama, I don't think so. I'm thinking they would be going with Inzaghi and Gilardino. Then again, I don't even know where Gilardino has been for the past few months.

h0pper said:
Mama, I don't think so. I'm thinking they would be going with Inzaghi and Gilardino. Then again, I don't even know where Gilardino has been for the past few months.

Gilardino alone, with Seedorf and Kaka behind

Kalac will play

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
=GabrielKnight= said:
Gilardino alone, with Seedorf and Kaka behind

Kalac will play

Yeah that sounds about right, then I guess Inzaghi would make his usual 65th minute sub appearance and poach something.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I hope Van Persie's back for the second leg at least, it always annoys me that we hardly ever get to see two full strength sides go at it. There always seem to be players missing from one side or the other, usually both.

Speaking of second legs, Liverpool's return to Inter is actually in 3 weeks time rather than 2, because Milan are using the San Siro then (I dunno how they decided who waits 2 weeks and who 3).

Good for viewers, I'll actually be able to watch 3 of the Premiership teams live for once. I'd have preferred Milan - Arsenal delayed, then I could watch that and United - Lyon rather than Chelsea, but it's better than normal.

What I was thinking though is that's another week for Cordoba to get fit. Any news on his injury? Going off on a stretcher is never a good sign, but sometimes it's just precautionary. And any chance Materazzi can appeal his suspension?

Mama Smurf

=GabrielKnight= said:
The 4-3-2-1 formation is confirmed, Gilardino should play, but Pato could be a last minute surprise...

I hope Wenger doesn't mess with his formation, playing Eduardo on the left or anything. I can just see him trying it to pack the midfield.

gigapower

Mama Smurf said:
Avram Grant's been sent a death threat, apparently because he's Jewish. Some secretary opened a letter to him with white powder in claiming it was lethal and that he'd (I dunno who's stupid enough to think he opens his own mail...anti-semitics I suppose) now die a slow and painful death.

It wasn't even dangerous in the end, let alone lethal, but that poor woman.
It also said they were going to kill his wife.

Steroyd said:
I read somewhere that labelled Chelsea's match yesturday as their "worst of the season" o_O

Was it really a match of epic bordem?
Yes, my god we just did not attack at all. Imagine watching a game of pass between 22 guys at a BBQ for 90 minutes, except its freezing cold outside and there are thousands of screaming greeks all around you.

Mama Smurf said:
What I was thinking though is that's another week for Cordoba to get fit. Any news on his injury? Going off on a stretcher is never a good sign, but sometimes it's just precautionary. And any chance Materazzi can appeal his suspension?

Don't know about Materazzi, but I don't think so...

Cordoba has a broken anterior cruciate ligament, needs surgery and a long stop...

hard times for the Inter centre back -_-

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
gigapower said:
That is a great one. I love the one that says "Zizou est mon capitiane"

You posted this twice like eight hours apart :lol

They have a shirt that actually says "i miss zidane"

The german league has only gone up in quality since I've been watching. They've got two players you'd be hard pressed to keep out of a world 11, and they've got the best up and coming attacking mid in the world, as well as one of the better up and coming keepers. What has ShItaly got? Pato sure but he's headed for Barca soon where I can love him like i'm meant to.

Kalac back, fuck. I wanted that new guy. I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS MATCH RIGHT NOW.

Today could be a great day. Benzema(my hero <3) could score against United, Henry could score against those fucks Celtic, and we can finish this tie here and now with a 5-1 thumping.

QVT

Hey, it happens. I got a quality 10 hours of sleep, myself. Gotta be ready for this Milan match.

Also this was in the Fiver yesterday(which I accidentally deleted because of all the spam I've been getting):

fiver said:
Sam the Eagle lookalike Mick McCarthy is not about to be fired from
his position as manager at Wolves, according to Sam the Eagle
lookalike Mick McCarthy.

Blablurn

Guti-ET-RONALDO.jpg

:/

This should be the Milan lineup:

----------------Kalac---------------------

Bonera---Nesta-----Kaladze---Maldini

---Gattuso----Pirlo-----Ambrosini------

----------Kaka---------Seedorf---------

------------Gilardino(Pato)-------------

QVT

The only people I'm worried about are Kaka and Pato. As long as Clichy is back though Pato will be shut down.

QVT

They're Italian, and we're not playing in a swimming pool. Although they're not going to do Eboue any favours.

We'll be alright if Pato keeps away from Jens Lehmann. I wonder if I'll be screaming about him as much as I was with Barthez this last cup. Coupet should have been our keeper.

Cedeo

QVT said:
They're Italian, and we're not playing in a swimming pool. Although they're not going to do Eboue any favours.

We'll be alright if Pato keeps away from Jens Lehmann. I wonder if I'll be screaming about him as much as I was with Barthez this last cup. Coupet should have been our keeper.

:lol

QVT said:

I think there's still a small chance to recover yourself... I can see a small light far in that dark tunnel you are in after that July 9th

Do not give up hope!!! :)

Mama Smurf

Celtic: Boruc, Caddis, Caldwell, McManus, Naylor, Nakamura, Robson, Hartley, McGeady, Vennegoor of Hesselink, McDonald

Barcelona: Valdes, Puyol, Marquez, Milito, Abidal, Deco, Toure, Iniesta, Messi, Ronaldinho, Henry

Henry actually up front.

QVT

Oh god Eboue's playing this is a loss :'(

FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?! WHY MUST WE PLAY THIS USELESS SHIT? GO GET A RED CARD AT LIFE YOU CUNT!

Mama Smurf

=GabrielKnight= said:
This should be the Milan lineup:

----------------Kalac---------------------

Bonera---Nesta-----Kaladze---Maldini

---Gattuso----Pirlo-----Ambrosini------

----------Kaka---------Seedorf---------

------------Gilardino(Pato)-------------

Pato makes it, Oddo rather than Bonera.

Arsenal's exactly what you'd expect from the players available. The only question is whether Eduardo starts on the left to pack the midfield (hope not) or in the normal 4-4-2.

woodchuck

fuck. i have a lab at 1:30. I wish ESPN2 would show a replay of the game instead of showing Outside the Lines for the 20th time or "Nascar Now"

Mama Smurf

Tevez is on the bench for United. Partly to make sure they don't concede I suppose, partly because the 4-5-1 worked so well on Saturday and partly to get Scholes anbd Anderson in the team.

Anyway:

Van der Sar
Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Hargreaves
Anderson
Scholes
Giggs
Ronaldo
Rooney

sw26

DSWii60 said:
Celtic vs Barcelona is on Sky One for anyone in the UK.

Sky really piss me off when they do this. They know fine well that Virgin Media customers like myself don't get Sky One even though I've got Sky Sports (no red button access on VM), and they never put any football whatsoever on Sky One before it was no longer available to VM customers.

Rubbish.

QVT

Mama Smurf said:
Ben Arfa on the bench for Lyon, dunno if that's normal. Benzema starts of course.

No he ought to be starting. It's a strategy move but I'd have dropped a different player from the side.

Mama Smurf

I really want to watch both of these games, it's so damn annoying the way it's set up. I'll go with Arsenal mainly cos they're at home and I intend to watch Man Utd next time, but depends how the results go.

sw26

Boumsong is playing at the back for Lyon.

For their sake I hope its the Boumsong that played for us (Rangers) rather than the one that had an absolute nightmare at Newcastle.

Mama Smurf

Lyon's other centre back better be a star or Rooney will tear them apart.

Is StarSports showing Arsenal or not? It says it will be, but it's all been about United so far.

Mama Smurf

I think they just said it's Arsenal. Wouldn't mind watching United, but not what I planned.

I think the winners are playing tonight. You can never tell with a knockout competition could be luck of the draw, but I don't think the teams we saw last night are as strong as today.

DSWii60

sw26 said:
Sky really piss me off when they do this. They know fine well that Virgin Media customers like myself don't get Sky One even though I've got Sky Sports (no red button access on VM), and they never put any football whatsoever on Sky One before it was no longer available to VM customers.

Rubbish.

It's good for me, I don't have Sky Sports but I do have Sky One. It means I don't have to watch a shitty stream on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom