• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Football Thread 2007/2008 (Soccer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupahBlah

Banned
Il Piccolo Fiammiferaio said:
I know everybody loves fanfics and shit, but you are talking about Liverpool.
Liverpool, dude.

Our full backs where playing as wingers and like the other Inter fan whining before, you can go check your history too.

QVT said:
Well see I think Liverpool played
appalling football, but they ended up getting a 2
nil win. I mean, it was at home so it's only really worth one goal but since you start
with minus one goals it is a good thing.
Even if they are Liverpool, "The Exporters" it is like headphones going on a guys head but his head is too big.

I need a picard wtf is this shit, Inter played poorly, even before the sending off. Afterwards it was damage control yet we played appalling football.

Karakand said:
He's over 30.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.
I'm just mystified by the MLS decisions on salaries sometimes. Vanney is (was?) a serviceable MLSer, but paying him a ton of money in his latter years is annoying. I know that's how it works for most sports here in the US, but it still frustrates me.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
SupahBlah said:
I need a picard wtf is this shit, Inter played poorly, even before the sending off. Afterwards it was damage control yet we played appalling football.

Oh I was just mocking his style you guys played Liverpool Europe football, nothing new there. Torres did well, I love Torres. Nice goal by Gerrard too.

hadareud

The Translator
QVT said:
Well see I think Liverpool played
appalling football, but they ended up getting a 2
nil win. I mean, it was at home so it's only really worth one goal but since you start
with minus one goals it is a good thing.
Even if they are Liverpool, "The Exporters" it is like headphones going on a guys head but his head is too big.
you obviously didn't watch the game

Karakand

Cornballer said:
I'm just mystified by the MLS decisions on salaries sometimes. Vanney is (was?) a serviceable MLSer, but paying him a ton of money in his latter years is annoying. I know that's how it works for most sports here in the US, but it still frustrates me.
I wish everyone was as exploitative as the NFL. Unions are weak here right now, carpe diem!

QVT

hadareud said:
you obviously didn't watch the game

Point up ^^^

Don't you guys ever do that thing where you just try and talk to distract someone or something? You people really think I'd support an Italian team?

QVT

Yeah I thought they'd take up Mike Ashley, myself :lol

Pffft, Benzema would need 8 legs to score on Casillas.

Il Piccolo Fiammiferaio said:
I hope so!
Forza Arsenal!
Fateci sognare mitici Gunners!
Prevedo un sette o otto a zero per l'Arsenal, goal di Fabregas e, ummm, Fabregas.
Ecco, si, Fabregas segnera' come minimo 2 o tre goal.
Caro il mio Milan, preparati a piangere lacrime amare.
Mio Dio, sara' un massacro.
Gli inglesi ci faranno a pezzi.

Noooooooo

Per favore, quando giocano le italiane, tifate per le italiane e basta... perchè speri che vinca una squadra inglese :( (a meno che tu non sia ironico... mmhh -_-)

Aniway, Inter played shitty today... even if it was not right to send Materazzi out, Liverpool deserved to win

of course it's not all over...

and I'm truly happy for Roma

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
QVT said:
Yeah I thought they'd take up Mike Ashley, myself :lol

Pffft, Benzema would need 8 legs to score on Casillas.

If I had a picture of you I would do some serious photoshopping with Casillas.

QVT

h0pper said:
If I had a picture of you I would do some serious photoshopping with Casillas.

Corn keeps bringing him up! WHAT CAN I DO?!

Just photoshop him into a wolves kit and I'll love you forever.

SupahBlah

Banned
Lakitu said:
Well, some good news, looks like DIC takeover will be finalised in the next few days.

Expect a lot of casualties though.

I've heard it was virtually concluded but there's still some big rifts inside the club.

QVT

SupahBlah said:
Expect a lot of casualties though.

I've heard it was virtually concluded but there's still some big rifts inside the club.

Who do you think will leave if Rafa goes?

I'd expect Torres to end up at Barcelona or Madrid depending on if he's willing to play for them, and if not I see no reason Arsene Wenger couldn't open the chequebook for him. Could always go to Chelsea or United as well.

Gerrard would stay I think.

QVT

Cedeo said:
yeah, why did you get rid of mourinho again?

Because of Sheva.

And oh god i probably do need help but I think i'll be okay as long as cornballer doesn't bring Him up.

h0pper

QVT said:

I'd expect Torres to end up at Barcelona or Madrid depending on if he's willing to play for them, and if not I see no reason Arsene Wenger couldn't open the chequebook for him. Could always go to Chelsea or United as well.

I can't see Torres leaving anytime soon. I don't what kind of contract he signed but he just got there, I'd think he would put some more time in.

QVT

h0pper said:
I can't see Torres leaving anytime soon. I don't what kind of contract he signed but he just got there, I'd think he would put some more time in.

Well only if Rafa goes. It seems Torres is really closely linked to him. I suppose they could bring in a different spanish coach, Rye-card will be available.

corn said:
So I'm your enabler?
yes. you are. now get a 360 so we can resume being in that contest.

QVT said:
yes. you are. now get a 360 so we can resume being in that contest.
Contest is over as of last night. :( We'll get 'em next time.

The good news is that I'm back online this week if you want to play some RB, Burnout, CoD4, or whatever.

QVT

Cornballer said:
Contest is over as of last night. :( We'll get 'em next time.

The good news is that I'm back online this week if you want to play some RB, Burnout, CoD4, or whatever.

You should get culdcept. Although I don't play online the game is fantastic.

We will get them next time though, you better believe it.

h0pper

Karakand said:
Only weaksauce addicts lean on enablers. I can find an excuse to drink whenever and wherever I want!

you would love my roommates. Mother fuckers are drinking 7 days a week.

Karakand said:
Only weaksauce addicts lean on enablers. I can find an excuse to drink whenever and wherever I want!
Speaking of which, I think I might start watching Life on Mars tonight. That involves alcoholics, right?
QVT said:
You should get culdcept. Although I don't play online the game is fantastic.

We will get them next time though, you better believe it.
Saw previews of culdcept and I didn't 'get' it. What's the game about?

SupahBlah

Banned
QVT said:

Actually, I can see Gerrard leaving if Rafa stays.

Karakand said:
I would call it a representation of normal and healthy drinking habits myself.
:lol That'll work. Yeah, I want to catch up on Breaking Bad and Terminator, but I'll try to catch the first episode after that.

Karakand

I'm resisting the urge to download a crappy rip of the Wire episode currently on demand. I don't want to see
Omar buy the farm
in anything other than HD quality. :(

SupahBlah

Banned
btw, you should try out The Club.

I'm having fun with it, hard game though. No weaksauce for Bizarre.

Saw their studios once, filled with fucking super cars.

QVT

Cornballer said:
Saw previews of culdcept and I didn't 'get' it. What's the game about?

It's Monopoly + Magic the Gathering. Instead of just rolling dice and going around landing on mediterrian while your opponents land on boardwalk, you get to put cards down on a square you land on. if you've got a good card then it fights better obviously, and so on. There is a demo, you know.

Karakand

Cornballer said:
There is no HD of The Wire, and I'm not going anywhere near that spoiler you posted cuz I'm only through episode 7.
I meant a high resolution TV rip when I said HD. The On Demand ones are usually terrible.

Karakand said:
I meant a high resolution TV rip when I said HD. The On Demand ones are usually terrible.
Ah, ok. Yeah, I get excited when they show the "previously on the Wire" segment in 16:9 before every show, and then I remember that it was all shot in 4:3. :/
QVT said:
It's Monopoly + Magic the Gathering. Instead of just rolling dice and going around landing on mediterrian while your opponents land on boardwalk, you get to put cards down on a square you land on. if you've got a good card then it fights better obviously, and so on. There is a demo, you know.
I might check out the demo and see what it's all about, but card/board games usually aren't my thing.

QVT

You know what really pisses me off? I listen to WSD or FFF and they say that Arsenal are bitching but that they played everyone except Adebayor. What the christ are they on about? We didn't play our three most important players(nevermind best, but important to our play) and we got beat 4 nil for it. If you give me a choice of players I don't want out(based on current form, with an overall look at this season), here they are in order:

1. Clichy
2. Adebayor
3. Sagna
4. Fabregas
5. Almunia
6. Hleb

Clichy has been my player of the year in the premiership so far. But as a defender he'll never get that praise.

So if you're going to say we played our A-team, you're wrong. We lost, yeah yeah, and this is a tired subject but this is WSDs first podcast since the game and it's pissing me off.

QVT

Dude, the German league is better than the Italian league which is on par with the Dutch league which is better than the Portugese and Greek and Turkish leagues. Schalke's result was never in doubt. If Stuttgart hadn't sold Timo they'd also be in the last 16.

QVT

Blablurn said:
no doubt about this but i just dislike schalke :/ I really hate them and i dont want them to win :\

=\ well don't worry they'll draw arsenal in the next round and you can root with us against them! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom