• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Football Thread 2007/2008 (Soccer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Fuck you Liverpool. :mad:

We can concede to fucking Havant and Waterloovile and keep a clean sheet against Inter... fuck it, I feel like flatulating down your pee hole.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
My point was, Liverpool didn't just win because they got lucky. They were the better team. I don't know what would have happened if Materazzi had stayed on, I didn't claim to, but they're not lucky to win a match they were the better side in when everything was even.

Inter got no ground. At all. All match.

Someone find that sour grapes pic.

They were not the better team. Liverpool attacking wasn't better than Inter defending, which was all they could do with on guy short.

Then they have a lucky break, a deflection and the game changes. And when they were even, liverpool was not the better side, where did you learn to watch football? Possession means shit.

Liverpool only had possession, they didn't have 1 dangerous move. Fact is if the referee wasn't such a douchebag with a hard on to send materazzi out, we would probably be looking at things very differently.

It's like playing Pro evo online, where i only have 35 to 45 possession and play counter attack while the other guy keeps punching thin air, then he loses and all he can say is how unfair it is and how he played better. Dude how many shots did you have on goal? Like actually dangerous shots? Then he thinks about it and his argument falls apart.

Lucky break for liverpool that's all, nothing new from them in the champions league.

Manager

Mama Smurf said:
My point was, Liverpool didn't just win because they got lucky. They were the better team. I don't know what would have happened if Materazzi had stayed on, I didn't claim to, but they're not lucky to win a match they were the better side in when everything was even.

Inter got no ground. At all. All match.

Someone find that sour grapes pic.

That is still mental thinking, there were 70 minutes left of the game and mutch could have changed. While they had the ball much, they didn't create any great chance in the beginning. And not scoring for 85 minutes with one more man on pitch for 70 minutes is weaksauce.

How was Liverpool the better team? Would the only way for Inter to be the better team, for them to score 2 goals against a 11 man team?
I know some UKers are proud to say that the best Serie A team is crappier than the fifth team in Premier League, but this is not happening - Liverpool were lucky with the referee, and that destroyed this leg. With Materazzi banned and Cordoba injured, next leg will be a joke. And Torres, as the little pansy-ass joke biatch that he is, will probably score a couple of goals, which will feel even worse.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
WrikaWrek said:
They were not the better team.

Yes they were. Defending's one thing, barely being able to put a single pass together is quite another. You barely touched the ball. You were shit. Cry more.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Charles said:
Are you playing as Barcelona online? Then your argument falls apart.

Inter. I play with inter.

Mama Smurf said:
Yes they were. Defending's one thing, barely being able to put a single pass together is quite another. You barely touched the ball. You were shit. Cry more.

We? lol, i'm not an inter fan, i'm watching this from an unbiased perspective. Liverpool was like a retard with a ferrari against a master with a donkey, you might look at it and say "well the retard certainly seems to go faster" but the master with the donkey will cross the finish line first.

Liverpool was like a kid with a pair of tits in front of him, all he can do is show a hard on, mount the tent, open he's mouth and then at the end tell his friends he saw tits.

Again, they had passing, but passing from one side line to the other side line....that's nothing, they produced nothing.

FuturusX

dolce_botrytis_inhand.jpg

These Italian grapes are most definitely sour.
Inter never had a look in before and after the sending off.

hadareud

The Translator
have to agree with Mama. Inter's way of playing hardly changed with the red card.

Obviously with 11 men they'd have been in better physical and tactical shape, but that doesn't change the fact that Inter didn't play very well to begin with and also - being down to 10 men does not mean that you cannot or are not allowed to leave your own half or pass the ball to each other.

Inter were shit, simply put.

Manager

SupahBlah said:
What's up with all these bitter tears?

Its not like I hear you all raving about Inter's weekend performance every week.

That's because they always freakin' win.

Charles said:
What? :lol

Those god damn american owners had something done with this referee.

Charles

Also, Inter will go through at home, they have too many world class players not to.

Hey guys, Roma beat Real Madrid 2-1 in Rome, what do you think about that?

Manager said:
Those god damn american owners had something done with this referee.

Seriously, calm down. Mistakes happen. Ergo the week-in, week-out free penalties Inter get in the serie A. Does that mean that the referees' face is covered in Moratti's cumsauce?

Mama Smurf

Charles said:
Also, Inter will go through at home, they have too many world class players not to.

Liverpool will play on the counterattack though, and if they score 1 Inter need to score 4.

It's definitely more likely Liverpool will go through, but Inter are certainly still in it. An early goal for them and it's game on.

Yazan

WrikaWrek said:
We? lol, i'm not an inter fan, i'm watching this from an unbiased perspective. Liverpool was like a retard with a ferrari against a master with a donkey, you might look at it and say "well the retard certainly seems to go faster" but the master with the donkey will cross the finish line first.

Liverpool was like a kid with a pair of tits in front of him, all he can do is show a hard on, mount the tent, open he's mouth and then at the end tell his friends he saw tits.

Again, they had passing, but passing from one side line to the other side line....that's nothing, they produced nothing.
:lol :lol :lol

Steroyd

hadareud said:
hmmm ... so you like to be on the receiving end?

I like my team winning but I would like to know why Liverpool can't do that at home more often this season.

When the likes of Barnsley, Havant and Waterloovile and Newcastle are confident that they can nick a few goals at Anfield you know your home form has been shitty.

Mama Smurf

WrikaWrek said:

Liverpool did nothing? Liverpool did nothing? If they'd only strung 3 passes together all game they'd have done more than Inter. They weren't counter attacking, they weren't playing deep intentionally, they were playing "we can't touch the ball, oh shit".

hadareud

The Translator
WrikaWrek said:

:lol :lol

I don't know what that means, but it's great

Steroyd said:
I like my team winning but I would like to know why Liverpool can't do that at home more often this season.

When the likes of Barnsley, Havant and Waterloovile and Newcastle are confident that they can nick a few goals at Anfield you know your home form has been shitty.

I was referring to you sharing your fart fantasies

Manager

hadareud said:
have to agree with Mama. Inter's way of playing hardly changed with the red card.

Obviously with 11 men they'd have been in better physical and tactical shape, but that doesn't change the fact that Inter didn't play very well to begin with and also - being down to 10 men does not mean that you cannot or are not allowed to leave your own half or pass the ball to each other.

Inter were shit, simply put.

Mancini is a man of the Sven Goran Eriksson school, he learned from the master. They wanted 0-0 from this leg, possibly scoring from a counter attack. Not every team can come to Anfield and do samba freakin' brasilian football. Inter play smart, that is why they are not so popular in Italy - but they play it right and get things done. Like when Sven was coaching England. They defended well and hadn't conceded a goal for 85 minutes.
They had some passing issues up front, Liverpool did that part well. But still, this is Champions League and 10 man defending for 75 minutes takes power from you.

SupahBlah

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Liverpool was like a retard with a ferrari against a master with a donkey, you might look at it and say "well the retard certainly seems to go faster" but the master with the donkey will cross the finish line first.

You should check your history.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
Liverpool did nothing? Liverpool did nothing? If they'd only strung 3 passes together all game they'd have done more than Inter. They weren't counter attacking, they weren't playing deep intentionally, they were playing "we can't touch the ball, oh shit".

Point is, nothing was happening, not for Inter and not for Liverpool. Don't act like Liverpool was creating any decent moves because they weren't, and obviously Inter wasn't attacking because Liverpool didn't do one decent attack before Materazzi being expelled.

How do you counter when you're adversary is doing the whole touch and run back? You actually need to try a punch.

Mama Smurf

Oh I don't know, you...tackle them? And don't act like Liverpool passed it around at the back, Inter got touches, they just immediately lost it with their inept play and Liverpool's excellent hustling.

Liverpool would have probed and probed until they got through the defence. If only one side has the ball, only one side can win.

Charles

How do you attack when your opponent are defending with 9 men behind the ball? You can't. You have to move the ball around and try to find an opening.

Or you can just kick the ball upfield and hope for the best, which is stupid.

Manager

Charles said:
Seriously, calm down. Mistakes happen. Ergo the week-in, week-out free penalties Inter get in the serie A. Does that mean that the referees' face is covered in Moratti's cumsauce?

Exactly the same it works for Roma, Juventus and Fiorentina. That is how the league work. Let it be poor referees, paid referees, blind referees - but that is how it seem to work. I'm not a fan of the Serie A, I don't like how it's run - the day Zlatan leaves Inter, that's the day I stop watching their games. And the day Mancini leaves, that day I stop feeling empathy for them. But this is not how it's supposed to look in the Champions League, and I was disappointed to see this.
Mistakes happen, but there shouldn't be anything stopping us from venting our feelings about it. I see it all the time after Arsenal/ManUTD games, and today it's Inter. Obviously many people rather want more English teams in the playoffs.

Mama Smurf

Here we are. This is from a couple of weeks ago, so it'd be different now, but the corrected Serie A table, with incorrect decisions fixed.

Juventus 48
Inter 45
Roma 45
Milan 41
-------------
Fiorentina 36
Atalanta 33
Palermo 28
Sampdoria 28
Udinese 28
Napoli 27
Genoa 26
Reggina 25
Lazio 24
Livorno 23
Catania 21
Siena 21
Parma 19
------------
Torino 18
Cagliari 16
Empoli 15

So I don't want to hear any Inter fans complaining about ref decisions going against them.

BTW, the ref got basically every decision wrong tonight. Anything which should have gone to Inter went to Liverpool, anything that should have gone to Liverpool went to Inter. It was atrocious. The reason it looked worse for Inter is that Liverpool had the ball the entire game. If Inter had the ball the entire game, I imagine a Liverpool player would have been sent off, as they'd have been the ones having to defend.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
Oh I don't know, you...tackle them? And don't act like Liverpool passed it around at the back, Inter got touches, they just immediately lost it with their inept play and Liverpool's excellent hustling.

Liverpool would have probed and probed until they got through the defence. If only one side has the ball, only one side can win.

Right right, too bad we didn't end up seeing this other dimension where realities were different and the referee didn't act like a douche.

From the 30 min i saw nothing was happening. You know those dudes who do 10 step overs without leaving the spot and then pass the ball right next to the guy next to them?

That was liverpool.

FuturusX

Inter fans, count yourself lucky that Liverpool didn't play better and finished off their chances. Could have been 4-0.

Reina didn't make a serious save.

Bring on the San Siro.

Manager

Mama Smurf said:
Here we are. This is from a couple of weeks ago, so it'd be different now, but the corrected Serie A table, with incorrect decisions fixed.

Juventus 48
Inter 45
Roma 45
Milan 41
-------------
Fiorentina 36
Atalanta 33
Palermo 28
Sampdoria 28
Udinese 28
Napoli 27
Genoa 26
Reggina 25
Lazio 24
Livorno 23
Catania 21
Siena 21
Parma 19
------------
Torino 18
Cagliari 16
Empoli 15

So I don't want to hear any Inter fans complaining about ref decisions going against them.

BTW, the ref got basically every decision wrong tonight. Anything which should have gone to Inter went to Liverpool, anything that should have gone to Liverpool went to Inter. It was atrocious. The reason it looked worse for Inter is that Liverpool had the ball the entire game. If Inter had the ball the entire game, I imagine a Liverpool player would have been sent off, as they'd have been the ones having to defend.

I've seen it, and I can't believe people take it serious. How do you _prove_ a decision was wrong? How can you say that the tackle was WRONG? We don't even have any real offside rules in the Premier League. EVERY football league on the planet would look different with something like that table.

How do we know Inter would LOOSE a game just because one goal wouldn't count? What says they wouldn't have scored a goal if the first one was taken away? What says they suddenly wouldn't have scored another goal anyway? Every team go defense after scoring the winning goal.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
You know those guys in wheelchairs blocking people's view at the front of stadiums? That was Inter.

Yeah but those dudes in the wheelchairs are doing basketball freestyle commercials for Nike.

Mama Smurf

BTW, plenty of teams go down to 10 men and do okay. Far worse teams than Inter. They create chances, they keep the ball, they even win sometimes. They don't cry and decide it's 9 men behind the ball and hang on, they actually have a go.

Inter were just shit.

Osorio

Cornballer said:
Oooooh, excellent. There are a lot of interesting friendlies shaping up for this Summer.
That Pan-Pacific Championship thing is tomorrow. You watching? I think I'm just gonna record both games and watch 'em if I'm bored.

Charles

I'd actually be quite happy if Inter get Karmaic payback for all the favourable Serie A refereeing mistakes with nights like these. It's a lot of fun!

What do you think the Inter president will do next? He probably is a bit disappointed after tonight, so I think he'll try to pick himself up with some impulse shopping. Maybe a Messi and 2 or 3 Aguerros.

Mama Smurf

Manager said:
I've seen it, and I can't believe people take it serious. How do you _prove_ a decision was wrong? How can you say that the tackle was WRONG? We don't even have any real offside rules in the Premier League. EVERY football league on the planet would look different with something like that table.

How do we know Inter would LOOSE a game just because one goal wouldn't count? What says they wouldn't have scored a goal if the first one was taken away? What says they suddenly wouldn't have scored another goal anyway? Every team go defense after scoring the winning goal.

Well now you're just arguing my point o_O

Osorio said:
That Pan-Pacific Championship thing is tomorrow. You watching? I think I'm just gonna record both games and watch 'em if I'm bored.
Probably not. I have some taped Champions League stuff to get to first. I might check it out on the weekend.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
BTW, plenty of teams go down to 10 men and do okay. Far worse teams than Inter. They create chances, they keep the ball, they even win sometimes. They don't cry and decide it's 9 men behind the ball and hang on, they actually have a go.

Inter were just shit.

You mean the teams who aren't playing in the champions league?

Dude you're defending a team that has passed knock off stages in past champions league by scoring one goal in the 1st round and doing NOTHING BUT defending in the second round.

It's some ironic shit that you would criticize others for defending themselfs when they are playing with one man short in the champions league.

So AH and LOL to that!

Charles

And you prove a decision was wrong with the help of technology and instant replays. Of course, it doesn't actually make a difference, because the Italian league won't change the standings to make them look like that (and neither should they). Those things are only there to make fans cry bitter tears, and I say this as a Juve supporter.

Osorio

Cornballer said:
Probably not. I have some taped Champions League stuff to get to first. I might check it out on the weekend.
Yeah they're just international friendlies but I want some MLS action, NOW. I'd even watch preseason games at this point.

Mama Smurf

I've never seen Liverpool JUST DEFEND in the CL. They've always played on the counter, creating good chances themselves, like against Barca.

I'm not criticizing them for defending. I'm criticizing them for everything else. They should indeed have defended, numerous times during the game I praised their defence. They should just have, you know, tried doing things in the other half of the pitch as well. Or even just pass it in their own half. All they did was hang on for 75 minutes, immediately losing the ball and not even trying to support Ibrahimovic.

Osorio said:
Yeah they're just international friendlies but I want some MLS action, NOW. I'd even watch preseason games at this point.
Yeah, I hear ya. I can't believe we have to wait until the end of March. Oh well, at least that's more time for the Quakes to find someone capable of scoring. Defense is looking solid right now, but the midfield and strikers are going to need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom