• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Football Thread 2007/2008 (Soccer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karakand

I really love CL football being on ESPN here because it's effortless for me to watch.

But.

I could really do without the constant Heineken stuff.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
So Adebayor really needs not to get a yellow card. Or RVP will be required unless we want to lose.

FUCK I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S HERE AND EBOUE IS OUT THERE WHYYYY

Ryck

Looks like we're going with 3 central midfielders and Ronaldo slighlty behind Rooney. So far so good we had a good look at goal and a corner....

Edit: SHIT Lyon almost scored....

QVT

Beautiful Hleb Beautiful Hleb.

Stupid Kalac.

Seedorf hits the ground like a born italian, impressive. 8.5

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Fabregas is looking very good. Besides that, we seem to working pretty well together but Adebayor is having some trouble. Hopefully we can put something together after some inspiring words from Wenger.

hadareud

The Translator
Very good game so far, we can be pleased with our performance. Maybe we even deserve to be up actually.

Milan are playing brilliantly tactically and they defend extremely well though. They're also dangerous on the counter.

Nervous.

QVT

Need that goal. Damn Hleb is playing so well. Eboue is having the worst game of his life, what a shock. He'll cost us this game before it's over.

hadareud

The Translator
QVT said:
Need that goal. Damn Hleb is playing so well. Eboue is having the worst game of his life, what a shock. He'll cost us this game before it's over.
Eboue did really well so far actually.

What are you talking about QVT

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Good first half, Arsenal definitely on top. They're just doing a little bit better than Milan at everything at the moment. Quicker to the ball, getting tackles in, keeping the ball and, perhaps most importantly, chances.

Should be up really. There's no doubt in my mind that, had Adebaour made that, frankly simple pass, Eduardo would have scored, we know what he's like as a finisher.

Only really worry for Arsenal I'd say is Pato's pace. He's extremely quick, just one perfect pass and he'll be away. He hasn't got one yet though.

Go Celtic.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Fucking hell. We just get Toure back from the ACN, one of the most important games of the season, and he's out injuried (probably for a while) within 5 minutes.

Hopefully Eboue isn't going to fuck this game up for us because we've played really well so far.

Sort of wish I could have seen the Barca game. Sounds fantastic

Mama Smurf

hadareud said:

He's QVT.

How Man Utd match going, anyone who's watching? I checked the stats earlier on and it looked like Lyon were having the better of it, but I've checked the half-time ones and it's seriously swung in United's favour. Shots on target don't say everything of course.

QVT

hadareud said:

The sky is blue.

The Earth is round.

I'm curious to see what Toure's injury is. If he had been hit in the head with that ball it wouldn't have done anything.

Karakand

MrSardonic said:
Fucking hell. We just get Toure back from the ACN, one of the most important games of the season, and he's out injuried (probably for a while) within 5 minutes.
Strength and conditioning staff needs an overhaul.

Mama Smurf

MrSardonic said:

I dunno, it was only a ball that hit him, I dunno how much damage that could do. I suspect dead leg.

Senderos has done great though.

hadareud

The Translator
I love how they say that this is the biggest game of the Arsenal players life so far.

MOST OF THEM WERE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL LESS THAN 2 YEARS AGO, FOR FUCKS SAKE

QVT

Mama Smurf said:
I dunno, it was only a ball that hit him, I dunno how much damage that could do. I suspect dead leg.

Senderos has done great though.

The way he was limping didn't seem like a dead leg to me, I agree with had that it looked like his knee upon watching it again. This should make had change his opinion.

Karakand

hadareud said:
I love how they say that this is the biggest game of the Arsenal players life so far.

MOST OF THEM WERE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL LESS THAN 2 YEARS AGO, FOR FUCKS SAKE
Welcome to the world of sports entertainment: hype, hype, hype that shit UP, yo.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Yeah Senderos has been great the whole time he's stood in for Toure. He isn't the fastest player but he has been excellent at making time for himself recently.

Anyone see the lasers being shone on Ronaldo?! Fucking disgraceful. One day someone is going to get serious retinal damage from some cunt in the crowd with a laser.

QVT

MrSardonic said:
Anyone see the lasers being shone on Ronaldo?! Fucking disgraceful. One day someone is going to get serious retinal damage from some cunt in the crowd with a laser.

If you walk into any sports match here you get searched and they'll toss just about anything. If you've got a knife on your keychain they'll throw your keys away and you have to go fucking fish them out and file a complaint which they respond to with "shouldn't have had that knife".

I've been impressed with Senderos. He has stepped up his game lately, he seems to be maturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom