• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Leipzig Games Convention thread

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Wollan said:
Nah but I assumed that they if they were already talking about it in Dengeki chances would be good.
True. But I think chances are still good though. Leipzig is a better time than any to announce it imo. There are other rumors of DS3 announcements happening very soon.

Kinan

Multiplayer in The Club revealed. Nine multiplayer mode, 600! leaderboards.
Also Rock band apparently slips to Q1 2008 in Europe:(. Will be fully localized though.

Goldrusher

Kinan said:
Yvonne Catterfeld

aura1-1-.jpg

Kinan

New line up for Wii/DS has 3 groups:

Wellness and Conversation (sic) (Jam Sessions, My Life-Coach).
Girls (Mode Designer, Babysitting, Cooking Fun)
Animals (Adventures in Stables, Adventure on dolphin island, Dog friends)

Chrome

Ubi soft Confernce.

- A Trailer to “play for me” is shown.

- The new row has 3 large ranges: Well-being and maintenance (Jam session, My Life Coach), girl (mode designer, Babysitting, cook passport) and animals (adventures on the equestrian farm, adventure on the Delfin island, dog friends). All these plays are Wii and/or DS in development.

- Market study studies to the topic “why people play” are shown.

- Characteristics of the row: Simple entrance, long lasting motivation by successes, innovative ideas and play concepts, suitably for the short play occasionally.

- Also one wants to promote a playing in the family, which own abilities of the player improve.

- With this Ubisoft wants to open new target groups and develop plays, which address everyone.

- The Anmoderation begins. As guests Yvonne Catterfeld and Clair are left messuages. Catterfeld presents the new number of “plays for me”.

- The slogan of the press conference is “plays for me: Generations easily connect”.

- Still the PK did not begin, since still people come in here. Meanwhile a woman on a guitar plays and sings.

Google Translation , I hate this.

Thomper

Kinan said:

Oh my. Even EA is making more interesting games for Wii/DS compared to UbiSoft.

Chrome

Ubi:

- World-wide are 10 of Studios busily with the number of “plays for me”.

- Also these speak of the fact that it is important to open new groups.

- Programmers from Canada and France come to word.

Kinan

Starcraft 2 is playable both in single player and multiplayer (6 maps). Still in development though.

Now Wow addon is presented, many journalists leaving the area :)
Level increase to 80, new class - dead knights. New weapons, destructable enviroments!

nofi

Haunted One said:
Chrome, stop with the fucking google translation. It's hurting my brain.

Why though? It's news, I can't see a problem. If you want to wait for a proper translation, cool, but I'd rather get it now, even if it's in pigeon English.

Goldrusher

New DS game "My Vocabulary Coach" :lol

- Split Decision: find fitting descriptions for words
- make new words
- Letter Challenge: multiplayer (with Wii as well), complete words using the letters in the corners of the screen

Haunted

nofilter said:
Why though? It's news, I can't see a problem. If you want to wait for a proper translation, cool, but I'd rather get it now, even if it's in pigeon English.
I'm German. :p But you're right, I shouldn't be selfish.

Three games will be shown now, one of those a world-premiere. hm.

legend166

Kinan said:

UGH.

I'd rather give my money to whoever is making Ninjabread Man.

Linkhero1

Kinan said:

wtf? I hope Ubisoft doesn't make any money and dies....

Haunted

:lol :lol

- 'Adventure on the horse ranch' for Wii is shown. Controlled per Wiimote... Some people are already leaving the press conference.

nofilter said:
Then get translating! ;)
Most of this shit isn't even worthy transcribing - and I already did some in the other conferences thread.

rakka

Kinan said:

FUCK YEAH!1!

Kinan

They are showing Adventure in Stables for Wii. Completely controlled by wiimote. People starting to leave press conference.

Thomper

UBISOFT announces Miami Nights: Singles in the City™ FOR nintendo ds™

The next masterpiece in successful social simulation series: Live your dream and become rich and famous as a Top Model, a Singer or an Actor

De Meern – August 221ndst, 2007 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that it will publish Miami Nights: singles in the city™, a groundbreaking social simulation developed by Gameloft, for Nintendo DS™ taking advantage of the Stylus and wireless capabilities of the console. The game is based on the successful Gameloft Nights franchise on mobile which has generated more than 4 million downloads. The game will be released in November 2007.

Miami Nights: Singles in the City™ offers tremendous advances and new features over and beyond any social simulation game currently available on Nintendo DS™. Players will benefit from an unprecedented feeling of freedom, massive customization options, and longer multiple-goal scenarios.

They will be able to sample a life of dreams, glamour, or trash! As in reality, life choices will transform their characters into unique, progressive individuals and ultimately help a player reach the game’s final objective of becoming a star.

Features of the game include:
• The player can create the character in his image: aspects, unique look and feel, stats, customization of his own place in Miami.

• Three ways to succeed: becoming a top model, a singer, an actor.

• Player can go wherever he wants in Miami and interact with anyone in more than 30 locations

• Lots of mini-games, including shaving, make-up, dishwashing, waiter, ice-cream maker featuring the use of the DS stylus

• Multiplayer features: player can share his character & his characteristics with his friend via wireless multiplayer technology.

For more information about Ubisoft, please visit www.ubi.com.
Eh....

Goldrusher

Another new Wii game: Cranium Kabookii

- based on the Cranium board game
- contains dancing, singing
- release: Christmas 2007

Kinan

New game for Wii- Cranium Kabookii. Based on award winning Cranium. :p

Dance, sing and whatever. Christmas 2007 release.

this is worse than e3

Haunted

Well, I'm a sucker for board games, but not on my gaming systems.

That's the second game announced today that will be released Christmas 07. Really on short notice, imo.

A horse riding sim on wii? Really? I mean RIDING, not even racing..

Edit: They should of went with a bull riding sim, that would of been more interesting.

Kinan

Through special glasses you will see what you need to show. Other players will not see the image and will need to guess what you have shown. game is playable behind the closed doors.

Conference is over. thank god.

Mudhoney

I don't mind Nintendo making 'casual' games since they are normally somewhat fun. This stuff from EA and Ubisoft however doesn't look original or fun.

Top Bottom