• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Leipzig Games Convention thread

iceatcs

59212c41a19e7fad0c1af8d8250075c3.gif

rakka

Mudhoney said:
I don't mind Nintendo making 'casual' games since they are normally somewhat fun. This stuff from EA and Ubisoft however doesn't look original or fun.

Doesn't really matter as long as the games bomb.

Kinan

Come back in 1h30min for Konami conference. Though some info of Nintendo press event (more like booth tour) may surface meanwhile as well.

rakka

Kinan said:
Come back in 1h30min for Konami conference. Though some info of Nintendo press event (more like booth tour) may surface meanwhile as well.

Hopefully it won't be as shit as the Ubi conference.

No PS3/360 games announced were there? Only Wii/DS shovelware

Haunted

iapetus said:
Then translate everything by hand for the rest of us, you lazy bastard. :p
heh, Kinan's got my back.

But man, Ubi's conference blowed. I read the first two or three sentences of the live-ticker, them talking about their new casual approach 'games for me' and 'games for everyone' - and I knew there wouldn't be anything worthwhile (for GAF) shown at the press conference.

Looks like they took a page from Nintendo's E3 conference. Announce their casual line at the presser and then release some new media for the hardcore games afterwards.

Haunted

AlternativeUlster said:
I can't stop looking at the text with all the different colors and my head is going to explode.
:lol I can't even figure out what they want from the player in that screen.

AniHawk

Mudhoney said:
I don't mind Nintendo making 'casual' games since they are normally somewhat fun. This stuff from EA and Ubisoft however doesn't look original or fun.

Nintendo also has a habit of releasing far more actual games than the compilation/casual crap. UbiSoft/EA is sorta clogging the market with them.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
eso76 said:
Maybe players must use differently coloured glasses so that each player can only read "his" text ?

Or maybe it's a colour blindness test, of evil proportions... my eyes are burning.

Borys said:
Ubisoft killed any chance of making decent games on Wii/DS.

Better.

nofi

eso76 said:
Maybe players must use differently coloured glasses so that each player can only read "his" text ?

A quick photoshop filter reveals 'Ode to Joy' - you're right.

6fg4mmf.jpg

Edit: beaten.

Top line is just numbers:

4r8xqg8.jpg

Acosta

We warned you this could happen. Publishers are looking at Wii as its party games/child games system for fast cash. Normally all those game were multiplatform, but now they don´t need to publish those games on PS3 and 360 as their public is on Wii.

Ashhong

amar212 said:
Untill one minute ago I thought "Corea" is spelled with "K"... Obviusely, I was wrong :lol :lol :lol

fetchpics.php

It is. But different regions spell it with a C. World Cup for example spelled Korea with a C. Consult a local atlas for clarification.

legend166

Acosta said:
We warned you this could happen. Publishers are looking at Wii as its party games/child games system for fast cash. Normally all those game were multiplatform, but now they don´t need to publish those games on PS3 and 360 as their public is on Wii.

Luckily, they're all going to bomb.

Steroyd

Offtopic:

iceatcs said:

Please put my mind at rest and confirm that's Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones (can't remember which one), where they're in that place where the spikey ceiling is about to kill them, just as the women has to put her hand in the bug filled hole.

This was posted months ago and it's like a cheese grater gratng my brain very slowly.

I used to like all types of games until the DS and Wii came along.

nofilter said:
A quick photoshop filter reveals 'Ode to Joy' - you're right.

6fg4mmf.jpg

Edit: beaten.

Top line is just numbers:

4r8xqg8.jpg
I reckon if you hit the colorful grinning spectres of doom with the corresponding numbers they will wail in their madness notes that approximate Bach's now ironically named composition.

Lireu

Steroyd said:
...Please put my mind at rest and confirm that's Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones (can't remember which one), where they're in that place where the spikey ceiling is about to kill them, just as the women has to put her hand in the bug filled hole.

This was posted months ago and it's like a cheese grater gratng my brain very slowly.

It is. :D Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

@topic: Great conferences so far ... ugh, no, not really. -_-

hteng

Banned
Steroyd said:
Offtopic:

Please put my mind at rest and confirm that's Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones (can't remember which one), where they're in that place where the spikey ceiling is about to kill them, just as the women has to put her hand in the bug filled hole.

I used to like all types of games until the DS and Wii came along.

yea i think that was indiana jones in the temple of something (doom?)

Acosta

legend166 said:
Luckily, they're all going to bomb.

Even if they do (that is not clear), they will try again. Is all about perception and their perception says that are the games they can sell better on Wii. They will release the pony simulators and Rayman reduxes on Wii and the Assasin's Creeds for the other platforms. Doubt that is going to change too much.

Top Bottom