• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Leipzig Games Convention thread

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I nominate this as the unofficial official Leipzig thread, or at least until Amir0x gets off his ass and makes a proper one. As it is written, shall it be done.

let's dance!

4v8judk.gif

Oh wow Home for PSP! :D I doubt it'll be as fully featured though.

What time will the DS3 announcement be in GMT? I'm assuming it's around 4PM.

Kabouter

Kinan said:
In the related news, nominations for "Best of GC" awards:

PC:
- Sam&Max Season One (JoWood Productions Software AG)
- StarCraft 2 (Vivendi Games Deutschland GmbH)
- Hellgate: London (Electronic Arts GmbH)
- Die Siedler Aufstieg eines Königsreichs (Ubisoft GmbH)
- Crysis (Electronic Arts GmbH)
- Enemy Territory Quake Wars (ACTIVISION Deutschland GmbH)
No nomination for Overclocked is absolutely scandalous.

Kinan

Since this is now official thread I'll quote myself from another thread:

All times -German local time.

Wednesday 22d:

9:30 Electronic Arts

10:30 Nintendo press event (additionally at 13:00, 15:30)
10:30 Blizzard presents new games
10:30 Ubisoft - Games for me: generations play together
11:30 Atari - Strong brand, strong line up.
13:00 Konami
14:00 Disney press conference
15:00 Midway Games press conference
16:00 Activision Deutschland GmbH / Lucas Arts press conference

17:00 Microsoft Deutschland GmbH - Xbox 360 & Games 4 Windows Get together

18:00 Sony Computer Entertainment Deutschland GmbH - Press conference

Thursday 23d:

11:00 Kojima presents MGS4
15:00 JoWood Productions Software AG - Gothic Press conference

Friday 24th:

11:00 GC Awards 2007

Also

JohnTinker said:
NINTENDO
5:30PM -- TOKYO
8:30AM -- UTC/GMT
4:30AM -- EASTERN
3:30AM -- CENTRAL
2:30AM -- MOUNTAIN
1:30AM -- PACIFIC

MICROSOFT
12:00AM -- TOKYO
3:00PM -- UTC/GMT
11:00AM -- EASTERN
10:00AM -- CENTRAL
9:00AM -- MOUNTAIN
8:00AM -- PACIFIC

SONY
1:00AM -- TOKYO
4:00PM -- UTC/GMT
12:00PM -- EASTERN
11:00AM -- CENTRAL
10:00AM -- MOUNTAIN
9:00AM -- PACIFIC

Hope this helps

Dizzan

MINI Member
Pro Evo 2008 and MGS4 in 4 hours

fapfapfapfap

info from the EA conference, posted in Nintendo GC thread by Heist

- Fifa 08 will be presented the first time today on ps3
- Jay Balmer (Skate) and Joe Booth (FIFA) on the stage
- EA talks about the "change" in the game industry. About the success of EA.
- new Label presented: EA Casual Entertainment.
- Jay Balmer presents Skate (Xbox360)
some infos about skate now...

Kinan

The exhibition booth of EA looks like a cocoon, says EA producer Thomas Zeitner. “Here grows somewhat, here matures something” he says. EA assumes that almost any human is “ready to play”. Video games became to "salon-like". New target groups are gonna be explored more, and guess what? they are targeting casual players now, what a surprise. :p

Skate is presented. As of now you can download the demo on Xbox Live.

Bass-rich trailer of Crysis is on stage.

hEist

Fifa 08 will be presented the first time today on ps3
- Jay Balmer (Skate) and Joe Booth (FIFA) on the stage
- EA talks about the "change" in the game industry. About the success of EA.
- new Label presented: EA Casual Entertainment.
- Jay Balmer presents Skate (Xbox360)
some infos about skate now...
- Trailer shown: Need for Speed ProStreet and Crysis
- EA annoucent a Cooperation with Coca-Cola to reach new "gamer-groups"
- Fifa 08 shown
- new gamemodus, "be a Pro"

jeez my english su***...

Kinan

Fifa08 targeting 60fps. 15000 real world players. You will be able to upload videos of your matches to EA website. Promises of advanced AI, claiming AI can make up to 1000 decisions per second.

Kinan

New "diagonal from back" camera in fifa. Dynamically zooms in and out according to action.

Be a pro mode needs 10 consoles (five for every team). Target is to have 11vs11 matches online (with 22 consoles) by 2010.

Prevailer

Kinan said:
Fifa08 targeting 60fps. 15000 real world players. You will be able to upload videos of your matches to EA website. Promises of advanced AI, claiming AI can make up to 1000 decisions per second.

+ new mode "family play"... making it possible, that untrained persons can also shot goals :D

Kabouter

ABILITY TO UPLOAD VIDEOS!!!!!1111
Well, this deserves a twenty page hype topic, clearly this feature is already the stuff of legends.

Kinan

13 games in development for Wii and DS.

Boogie and Smarty Pants are shown. Smarty Pants is a art quiz game. When you know the answer to question, you should raise your hand with wiimote like in school. :) Christmas 2007 release.

Ashhong

wotter said:

This picture is talked about heavily in the japanese magazine thread. its just an image off of the GT5P site and proves nothing...

So is the OP information reliable? Did you talk to Phil Harrison or a reporter? choose one!

Kinan

Rock band live presentation is on stage. 10 new songs. Winter release in Europe. Also PS2 version.

Thats all folks. At least with EA.

Chrome

- 10 new Songs were announced for the play. Live-presentation on the stage begins.

- This is the first presentation of the play in Europe.

- Skirt volume is shown.

- Also rope pulling is present. Here the Wii remote must be moved fast. The play is to appear Christmas 2007.

- Move through the Wii Remot e.g. a wheel of fortune one knocks against. Who knows an answer to a question, must to be announced by Wii Remot as at school. Also verschiedne tasks must be fulfilled.

- Smarty Pants for Wii is shown. It concerns a kind Quiz play, which knowledge and skill are to promote. In addition a Trailer is shown.

- Trailer to Boogie is shown. Mix from singing and dance play. Own characters can be provided.

- With I/O 13 plays for Wii and DS are in development.

- A pro on-line one: Download-cash play mode. This needs 10 consoles (5 for each side). So the Teamplay is to be strengthened. Until 2010 want to create I/O it that on-line each team consists of 11 individual players.

- In the training mode the play gives feedback, how good one is. It treats itself around the new A pro mode.

- A new camera perspective is shown: Diagonally from the rear. This reacts dynamically to the actions and zoomt e.g. in the happening.

- The diagram looks very good.

- 15000 genuine players. The license is fully expenditure-provoked. The AI computes per player over 1000 decisions per second. Also there are dynamic decisions on the part of the AI.

- Videos of plays can be high-loaded on the Website by I/O.

- Different moves are demonstrated on the basis Ronaldinho. Players have their own, individual moves.

- The play is to run with 60fps. Directly there is besides still another announcement of exclusive to the play to be.

- New play mode: A pro

- FIFA 08 is shown.

- I/O communicates that one died a co-operation with Coca Cola, in order to reach new target groups.

- Trailer to Need for speed ProStreet and Crysis are shown.

- I/O says that one wants to remain faithful Hardcore Gamern.

- By Gewichtsverlagerung one can achieve a higher speed. The play uses the Ragdoll physics engine and is the Xbox 360 and PS3 fully to use.

- A Replay mode with different functions such as Slow Motion and break is likewise present. Also own films can be high-loaded.

- The Schulterbuttons serves for control of the left, and/or right arm. Balmer turns some rounds in a pool, which sees the Tony Hawk plays very similar. Altogether the play looks much responding.

- Cheat directly with the right analog stick are implemented. With the left stick one controls the Skater.

- Jay Balmer presents now Skate on the Xbox 360.

- A new label is introduced: I/O Casual Entertainment.

- I/O speaks about “an industry in the change” and about past success of I/O. Besides one wants new target groups to open and so to the market adapt.

- Jay Balmer (Skate) and Joe Booth (FIFA) are on the stage.

- It is communicated that FIFA 08 is introduced for the first time today for the PS3.]

Google Translation

Wollan

What they're saying in the Japanese news thread is that the DS3 info was just Yamauchi who dropped some details in a interview that GT5 would support rumble. Chances for DS3 announcement today diminished.

Top Bottom