• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 39, 2007 (Halo 3 - 2nd faster seller EVER behind GTA:SA)

ram said:
with more than 1 year head start - the xbox360 version of fifa cant outsell the ps3 fifa. i loled

If you combined the 2 different Halo 3 sku's (like other charts do) then Halo would be top and therefore its quite understandable why a game that came out in the same week on the same console would suffer.

mr_bishiuk said:
If you combined the 2 different Halo 3 sku's (like other charts do) then Halo would be top and therefore its quite understandable why a game that came out in the same week on the same console would suffer.
Did you just post three times in a row?

Anyways, I don't think the two fanbases are neccessarily the same persons. A lot of people play footie games exclusively. And while it seems that quite a fewof these PS2 owners upgraded to 360 it's not as much to crack the market. Watch PES sell better on PS3 as well in Germany.

felipeko

roxya said:
Would be nice to see some info from Spain, especially to see how each FIFA did. there.
You're going to wait for Quellex (or someone else) to post it, i don't have the source... And i think the chart is only out saturday..

iidesuyo

Phife Dawg said:
Germany

Consoles
1. Fifa 08 (PS2)
2. Halo 3 (360)
3. Fifa 08 (PS3)
4. Fifa 08 (360)
5. Halo 3:LE (360)
6. More Brain Training (DS)
7. Pony Friends (DS)
8. Brain Training (DS)
9. Pokemon Diamond (DS)
10. My Sims (DS)

No SingStar in the Top 10? Super Paper Mario already out, despite being heavily advertised? That's weird. The new Singstars probably came too late, they should have released them a year earlier. The hype has dried up a bit.

iidesuyo said:
No SingStar in the Top 10? Super Paper Mario already out, despite being heavily advertised? That's weird. The new Singstars probably came too late, they should have released them a year earlier. The hype has dried up a bit.
Well it did debut at No. 1 and was No. 2 last week. Fifa and Halo just overshadowed it. It's too bad we only have the top 10.

Rocked

-Europe is slightly behind the USA in adopting next-gen platforms as shown by the PS2 version of FIFA 08 being the best selling one. (Whereas Madden 08 sold best on the 360). This should not be surprising since next-gen launched later in Europe.

I wouldn't use Fifa as proof. In the UK a HUGE percentage of Fifa's audiences are lower class chavs who probably can't afford next generation consoles yet. The type who kept their PS1's for years too. Not being snobby, but people who live in the UK will know what I mean. Chavs, yobs and the socially backwards tend to love the Fifa franchise. See also: Tomb Raider.

I'm not surprised it sold best on PS2.

zsidane

Swedish:
1. Halo 3 (360)
2. FIFA 08 (PS2)
3. Singstar Svenska hits Schlager (PS2)
4. FIFA 08 (360)
5. FIFA 08 (PS3)
6. World in Conflict (PC)
7. The Sims 2 Jorden Runt (PC)
8. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC)
9. Skate (360)
10. World of Warcraft (PC)
11. NHL 08 (PS2)
12. NHL 08 (360)
13. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts (PC)
14. FIFA 08 (PC)
15. Counter-Strike 1: Anthology (PC)
16. NHL 08 (PS3)
17. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (PC)
18. Medal of Honor: Airborne (PC)
19. Guitar Hero II (PS2)
20. Battlefield 2 (PC)
Looks like the Wii and the DS haven't been released in Sweden :lol

felipeko is the new Sonycowboy for me :D Great job ;)

ram said:
with more than 1 year head start - the xbox360 version of fifa cant outsell the ps3 fifa. i loled

You did read its in germany alone didnt you, its a console game im suprised it sold at all:lol

supermackem said:
You did read its in germany alone didnt you, its a console game im suprised it sold at all:lol
Well yeah, but that's a console specific chart, PC sales have nothing to do with it.

Rocked said:
I wouldn't use Fifa as proof. In the UK a HUGE percentage of Fifa's audiences are lower class chavs who probably can't afford next generation consoles yet. The type who kept their PS1's for years too. Not being snobby, but people who live in the UK will know what I mean. Chavs, yobs and the socially backwards tend to love the Fifa franchise. See also: Tomb Raider.

It's also a genuinely good game over the last couple of years. It's constantly trying to improve itself which is more than can be said for Konami's stagnant series.

FIFA is also fun in single player matches, something PES hasn't really been for years.

France - 09/10 through 09/16

01 - (N) (Wii) Super Paper Mario (Nintendo)
02 - (-) (NDS) Pokémon Diamant (Nintendo)
03 - (-) (PS2) Rugby 08 (EA)
04 - (N) (360) Stranglehold (Midway)
05 - (+) (NDS) New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
06 - (N) (PS3) Colin McRae DIRT (Codemasters)
07 - (=) (NDS) Programme d'Entraînement Cérébral (Nintendo)
08 - (-) (Wii) Wii Play (Nintendo)
09 - (+) (Wii) Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)
10 - (-) (NDS) Prog. d'Ent. Cérébral Avancé (Nintendo)
11 - (-) (NDS) Pokémon Perle (Nintendo)
12 - (-) (360) Bioshock (2K Games)
13 - (-) (Wii) Resident Evil Wii Edition (Capcom)
14 - (N) (360) Medal of Honor Airborne (EA)
15 - (-) (Wii) Cérébrale Académie sur Wii (Nintendo)
16 - (-) (NDS) Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
17 - (-) (PS2) Stuntman Ignition (THQ)
18 - (-) (Wii) Zelda Twilight Princess (Nintendo)
19 - (-) (PS2) Rogue Galaxy (Square Enix)
20 - (-) (NDS) Ratatouille (THQ)

RE4 Wii has got crazy legs.

Bo130

Norway:

1. FIFA 2008
2. Halo 3
3. DiRT
4. SKATE
5. Heavenly Sword
6. SingStar '90s
7. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008
8. Super Paper Mario
9. SingStar Rock Ballads
10. Rottatouille
11. Buzz: The Mega Quiz
12. Shrek the Third
13. SingStar Pop Hits
14. Buzz: Junior RoboJam
15. Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
16. Stuntman: Ignition
17. Warhawk
18. Guitar Hero: Rock the 80s
19. Need for Speed Carbon
20. Bioshock

Bo130

Kenka said:
Where's Pokémon ?

My bad, that's the console Top 20. The handheld Top 10 is:

1. Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
2. FIFA 2008
3. New Super Mario Bros.
4. Nintendogs
5. MySims
6. Rottatouille
7. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
8. Shrek the Third
9. Worms: Open Warfare 2
10. Purr Pals

Salazar

Rocked said:

Snobby and cretinous. So much so that I heard it in the voice of David Pleat.

Stormbringer said:
France - 09/10 through 09/16

01 - (N) (Wii) Super Paper Mario (Nintendo)
02 - (-) (NDS) Pokémon Diamant (Nintendo)
03 - (-) (PS2) Rugby 08 (EA)
04 - (N) (360) Stranglehold (Midway)
05 - (+) (NDS) New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
06 - (N) (PS3) Colin McRae DIRT (Codemasters)
07 - (=) (NDS) Programme d'Entraînement Cérébral (Nintendo)
08 - (-) (Wii) Wii Play (Nintendo)
09 - (+) (Wii) Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)
10 - (-) (NDS) Prog. d'Ent. Cérébral Avancé (Nintendo)
11 - (-) (NDS) Pokémon Perle (Nintendo)
12 - (-) (360) Bioshock (2K Games)
13 - (-) (Wii) Resident Evil Wii Edition (Capcom)
14 - (N) (360) Medal of Honor Airborne (EA)
15 - (-) (Wii) Cérébrale Académie sur Wii (Nintendo)
16 - (-) (NDS) Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
17 - (-) (PS2) Stuntman Ignition (THQ)
18 - (-) (Wii) Zelda Twilight Princess (Nintendo)
19 - (-) (PS2) Rogue Galaxy (Square Enix)
20 - (-) (NDS) Ratatouille (THQ)

RE4 Wii has got crazy legs.
Thx. Did we get this for every week? Can't remember.

Anyways has it been in the charts ever since release? If so then that's awesome. Highly deserved imo. Oh and TP is on the chart as well? Talk about serious legs.

felipeko

OP updated with Norway, but i still don't know what to do with France chart.. Last week we got 09/3-09/9 numbers, but i don't think we get it every week...

sakuragi

Banned
What I find interesting is that in Germany and Spain, the PS3's Fifa sold more than the Xbox 360's Fifa given that the Xbox 360's user base is more than the PS3's due to the more than a year head start. Will this trend continue when the system seller, PES/winning eleven is released? Or even with other multiplatfrom games that are released at the same time from now on?

justjohn

sakuragi said:
What I find interesting is that in Germany and Spain, the PS3's Fifa sold more than the Xbox 360's Fifa given that the Xbox 360's user base is more than the PS3's due to the more than a year head start. Will this trend continue when the system seller, PES/winning eleven is released? Or even with other multiplatfrom games that are released at the same time from now on?
its been said a million times, halo 3 came out the same week so it was split between what to get. things would have been different had halo3 not been released that same week.

sakuragi

Banned
justjohn said:
its been said a million times, halo 3 came out the same week so it was split between what to get. things would have been different had halo3 not been released that same week.

Perhaps, we'll put thier theory to the test once PES is released yes :)

sakuragi said:

XBOX 360 also had Halo 3. PS3 had.. Folklore? :lol Mystery solved.

sakuragi

Banned
tahrikmili said:
XBOX 360 also had Halo 3. PS3 had.. Folklore? :lol Mystery solved.

I didnt know the Fifa fans and the Halo fans were one of the same. One is an FPS and one is a sports title that have been THE GTA equivalent of sports titles in Europe which is a far stronger brand than Halo in Europe. I wonder what excuse you'll come up with next if the PES PS3 version outsells the Xbox 360's version? Better think of one now :lol

sakuragi said:
It will happen for PES, since this is seen as a PS brand too. It won't happen for every multiplat game though.

Parl

sakuragi said:
I didnt know the Fifa fans and the Halo fans were one of the same. One is an FPS and one is a sports title that have been THE GTA equivalent of sports titles in Europe which is a far stronger brand than Halo in Europe. I wonder what excuse you'll come up with next if the PES PS3 version outsells the Xbox 360's version? Better think of one now :lol

Huh? What other games can PS3 owners buy?

Belgorim

at least here in sweden all the commercials for fifa only stated that it was out for ps3/ps2/psp

Wouldnt surprise me if that was the case across most of Europe.

zsidane

Belgorim said:
at least here in sweden all the commercials for fifa only stated that it was out for ps3/ps2/psp

Wouldnt surprise me if that was the case across most of Europe.
What? Maybe it was advertised by Sony...

sakuragi said:

Oh wow. XBOX 360 users do not ever play more than a single genre. If they bought Halo by default they can't possibly be expected to play anything else. *gasp* Bail out 3rd parties, Halo am here!

:lol

Please try harder.

Hammerhai

Softwarecharts Deutschland / Spanien

Deutschland
Platz Titel Plattform
1. FIFA 08 PS2
2. FIFA 08 PC
3. Halo 3 360
4. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire PC
5. FIFA 08 PS3
6. FIFA 08 360
7. Halo 3: Limited Edition 360
8. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars PC
9. The Sims 2: Bon Voyage! PC
10. Dr Kawashima: More Brain Training DS

Spanien

Platz Titel Plattform
1. FIFA 08 PS2
2. Halo 3 360
3. FIFA 08 PS3
4. Halo 3 Limited Edition 360
5. WWE Smackdown VS. Raw Platinum PS2
6. MySims DS
7. Heavenly Sword PS3
8. FIFA 08 PSP
9. Halo 3 Legendary Edition 360
10. FIFA 08 360

http://www.xbox-archiv.de/

felipeko said:
Thanks for Germany and Spain charts! OP updated.

When charts from week 40 come.. :D

edit: oh btw, we already had Germany charts... o_O
Yeah, the same nextgenbiz charts posted every week. Maybe I should just bookmark my post and quote it :D .

tahrikmili said:
Oh wow. XBOX 360 users do not ever play more than a single genre. If they bought Halo by default they can't possibly be expected to play anything else. *gasp* Bail out 3rd parties, Halo am here!

People sure bailed out on PGR4. :(

Only about ~11,000 players on the leaderboards. Even a week later, PGR4 was sent to die by being released in the wake of Halo 3. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to release a game within a month of H3, frankly.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
beermonkey@tehbias said:
People sure bailed out on PGR4. :(

Only about ~11,000 players on the leaderboards. Even a week later, PGR4 was sent to die by being released in the wake of Halo 3. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to release a game within a month of H3, frankly.

Sadly, I still have PGR4 in the packaging. Picked it up the day it came out as well.

Lightning

Banned
FIFA 08 PS3 seems to be performing better then the 360 version which is weird. The PS2 version dominating is to be expected and I wonder what legs Halo 3 will have outside the UK? :lol

Halo 3 seems to have hurt the sales of the 360 games that came out around it, particularly FIFA.

If you look at this week's MC charts, Halo dropped a spot, and most of the 360 games in the top 20 actually went up.

Normal buying habits will probably resume for the rest of Europe in due time as well.

Top Bottom