• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 39, 2007 (Halo 3 - 2nd faster seller EVER behind GTA:SA)

Lobster

Banned
spwolf said:
yeah, well, apperantly PSP games beating Wii games is good? sweet.

And no, PS3 sold at least double amount of Wii version, and more likely tripple the amount (check chart track release).

I didn't say its good but an EA game for a Nintendo console charting in the top 10..think about it for a second..think about it real hard. When was the last time you saw that happen?

spwolf said:
isnt you taking your time to respond even sadder? :lol

No. No, it isn't.

You felt at ease when Wii software performed better and you were more than happy to post in sales age threads... well it works both ways. :lol

...At ease? I'm sorry, but your whole 'reading my mind' thing doesn't seem to be working properly. I don't really care about overall Wii software sales one way or the other. Individual games is, of course, another matter entirely

Also, I post in Sales-Age threads, true. However, there's a marked difference between being interested in sales for sales' sake, and, well, making fun of the sales of a piece of software.

maxmars

spwolf said:
reason is that traditional european gamers, that buy probably around 15-20 million different football games, per year, in europe, are very traditional. They want to use same controls that they always used. For them, having completly different set of controls is really bad.

I understand what you say, but do "traditional" european gamers play on wii at all? Don't these people just go on with a PS2 until they switch to another "traditional" console?

spwolf said:
no.

reason is that traditional european gamers, that buy probably around 15-20 million different football games, per year, in europe, are very traditional. They want to use same controls that they always used. For them, having completly different set of controls is really bad.

Like my brother is 35, has 2 kids, and has played over 10000 hours of PES and FM. He never played any other game for more than 10 minutes, nor does he want to. If I gave him sixaxis or wii-mote to wave around playing PES, he would probably throw out the whole thing through the window.

It is really nothing mystical, or bad for Wii, it is just that gamers preffer controls that they are used to. Of course, it might or might not give hints on what happens in few years.

Of course, making fun of the Fifa Wii performance is really nice way to pass the day so why not? :D
That's true. In order for Fifa 08 Wii to have success they need to market the family play option more in order to bring in new users. As much as GAF hated on it it works quite well and really enables me to enjoy the game with friends who are not avid gamers.

How does your brother manage to put in 10.000 hours in two games with a wife and two kids?

spwolf

maxmars said:
I understand what you say, but do "traditional" european gamers play on wii at all? Don't these people just go on with a PS2 until they switch to another "traditional" console?

sure they do - at least a lot of them.... but not games like football games, that they have played for decade with same controls.

Sharp

spwolf is right, guys. He always comes into these threads, no matter how Sony is doing, and makes an insightful contribution. Did Heavenly Sword bomb? Who cares, check out Fifa '08 Wii!

spwolf

Phife Dawg said:
How does your brother manage to put in 10.000 hours in two games with a wife and two kids?

he probably puts even more in FM... I dont know how familiar are you with FM, but it is game that you can easily play for few hours on/off every day, and he does that. Wife does not appreciate it, at all :lol

k79

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
If that's true, Heavenly Sword should've done a bit better, no? The problem is compelling software.

Compelling software would be culprit #2 ... at least for now.Non-compelling software doesnt seem to be a problem for the much cheaper Wii.

More hardware sold to consumers should increase software sales, and pricedrop is the only way to do that.Don't underestimate the giant fuck-up that is 599.

Lobster said:
I didn't say its good but an EA game for a Nintendo console charting in the top 10..think about it for a second..think about it real hard. When was the last time you saw that happen?

MySims last week.

spwolf

Sharp said:
spwolf is right, guys. He always comes into these threads, no matter how Sony is doing, and makes an insightful contribution. Did Heavenly Sword bomb? Who cares, check out Fifa '08 Wii!

of course I am... you are comparing HS, action game, to football game in Europe?
Smart...

Thats like being happy that voleyball team won the championships, screw the football team finishing 30th.

haha.

kurosawa said:
I agree. Besides, FIFA 08 Wii has been marketed everywhere with that top-down view that is not the standard view of recent football games here in Europe. It makes it a 'different' game for the football fan.

Yup.

I would love too see the sales of a full-fledged tennis game on Wii. I think a lot of nay-sayers would be surprised. Anyone who's played Wii Tennis can tell you how well suited the remote is for tennis.

spwolf said:
of course I am... you are comparing HS, action game, to football game in Europe?
Smart...

Thats like being happy that voleyball team won the championships, screw the football team finishing 30th.

haha.
what amazes me is how you have managed to completely make this thread about Fifa's performance on the Wii vs Sony products. no one is talking about the 360's great software sales, or Heavenly Sword's sales.

no one is talking about halo 3 being the second fastest selling game ever on any system in the UK.

you've got to be proud of that.

Jokeropia

spwolf said:
You felt at ease when Wii software performed better and you were more than happy to post in sales age threads... well it works both ways. :lol
What? Wii software performs great, there are other games than FIFA you know.
spwolf said:
Smart...

haha.
Which game do you think had the biggest budget, Heavenly Sword or FIFA Wii?

spwolf

plagiarize said:
what amazes me is how you have managed to completely make this thread about Fifa's performance on the Wii vs Sony products. no one is talking about the 360's great software sales, or Heavenly Sword's sales.

no one is talking about halo 3 being the second fastest selling game ever on any system in the UK.

you've got to be proud of that.

what? I just said that PSP port outperformed Wii port, in genre that sells 15-20 million per year in Europe.

You guys did the rest...

Perhaps Nintendo should introduce the Wiiboot. Your controller slots in and you put the Wiiboot on instead of a shoe then you can play Fifa like proper footy! This will massively increase Fifa Wii Sales imo

doicare

rikitikitik said:
Did I miss something? Where did you get that? 200% difference between three-four positions?

The wii sales of fifa 2008 were less than the psp version. The combined sales of the psp, wii, ds and pc of fifa 2008 accounted for only 10% of total sales. Even if you say the ds and pc versions of the game only accounted for 1% of sales that means the psp would have been 5% and the wii only 4%. The ps3 was 20% and the xbox360 was 26% so actually it's more like 5 times to 6 times more the ps3 and 360 versions of the game out sold the wii version.

I see the thread has taken an interesting approach. System warriors are go!

spwolf said:
he probably puts even more in FM... I dont know how familiar are you with FM, but it is game that you can easily play for few hours on/off every day, and he does that. Wife does not appreciate it, at all :lol
I know, but that's more than a year's worth (assuming he played 24h each day). His wife has any reason not to be pleased :lol .

edit:

Germany

PC
1. Fifa 08
2. The Settlers:Aufstieg eines Königreichs (Full Version)
3. Quake Wars (hell yes!)
4. Sims 2 - Gute Reise (don't know the english title, translated it would be: Sims 2: Bon Voyage)
5. Company of Heroes:Opposing Fronts
6. World in Conflict
7. World of Warcraft:Burning Crusade
8. Medal of Honor:Airborne
9. World of Warcraft
10. The Settlers:Aufstieg eines Königreichs (Standard Version)

Pretty much good games all around. Very happy to see QW up there, being uncut and 16+ sure helped the cause, no need to import (I did anyways for unrivaled pricing :D ).

Consoles
1. Fifa 08 (PS2)
2. Halo 3 (360)
3. Fifa 08 (PS3)
4. Fifa 08 (360)
5. Halo 3:LE (360)
6. More Brain Training (DS)
7. Pony Friends (DS)
8. Brain Training (DS)
9. Pokemon Diamond (DS)
10. My Sims (DS)

Fifa 08 trumps everything, as expected Playstation family reigns supreme, as this is seen as a PS brand (my friend who owns a Wii was surprised this was released on Wii when I showed it to him :lol ). The 360 version fares well too. Halo 3 has a good debut but I think it'll drop off the Top 10 quite soon. Also good to see that the stupid legendary version with that ugly ass helmet didn't make the Top 10.

Swedish charts week 39

Multiformat
1. Halo 3 (360)
2. FIFA 08 (PS2)
3. Singstar Svenska hits Schlager (PS2)
4. FIFA 08 (360)
5. FIFA 08 (PS3)
6. World in Conflict (PC)
7. The Sims 2 Jorden Runt (PC)
8. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC)
9. Skate (360)
10. World of Warcraft (PC)
11. NHL 08 (PS2)
12. NHL 08 (360)
13. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts (PC)
14. FIFA 08 (PC)
15. Counter-Strike 1: Anthology (PC)
16. NHL 08 (PS3)
17. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (PC)
18. Medal of Honor: Airborne (PC)
19. Guitar Hero II (PS2)
20. Battlefield 2 (PC)

PC
1. World in Conflict
2. The Sims 2 Jorden Runt
3. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
4. World of Warcraft
5. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
6. FIFA 08
7. Counter-Strike 1: Anthology
8. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
9. Medal of Honor: Airborne
10. Battlefield 2

Playstation 2
1. FIFA 08
2. Singstar Svenska hits Schlager
3. NHL 08
4. Guitar Hero 2
5. Singstar Rock ballads
6. Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80´s
7. Singstar Svenska hits
8. Need for Speed Carbon
9. FIFA 07
10. Singstar 90's

Playstation 3
1. FIFA 08
2. NHL 08
3. Heavenly Sword
4. Colin McRae: Dirt
5. Resistance: Fall of Man
6. Motorstorm
7. Sega Rally
8. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
9. Warhawk
10. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

Xbox 360
1. Halo 3
2. FIFA 08
3. Skate
4. NHL 08
5. Guitar Hero II
6. Medal of Honor: Airborne
7. Gears of War
8. Bioshock
9. Sega Rally
10. Stranglehold

Wii
1. Super Paper Mario
2. FIFA 08
3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
4. Mario Party 8
5. Rayman Raving Rabbids
6. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
7. Boogie
8. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
9. My Sims
10. Wii Play

Nintendo DS
1. Pokémon Pearl
2. Pokémon Diamond
3. New Super Mario Bros.
4. Shrek 3
5. Sonic Rush Adventures
6. Mysims
7. Nintendogs: Dalmatian & Friends
8. The Sims 2 Pets
9. Final Fantasy III
10. Nintendogs: Dachshund & Friends

PSP
1. FIFA 08
2. Tekken Dark Resurrection
3. Need for Speed Underground Rivals
4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
5. Daxter
6. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes
7. Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy
8. Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
9. Loco Roco
10. Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

Bo130

Top%2010%20All%20Full%20Priced%20Gam.gif

Top%2010%20NZ%20All%20Full%20Priced%20Gam.gif

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
From Swedish chart:

4. FIFA 08 (360)
5. FIFA 08 (PS3)

I find this surprising.

Bo130

What? It's the exact same chart, I just posted the gif, where Vook saved it and uploaded to his site. The chart has the same URL every week, so the link I provided always show the latest chart.

Lobster

Banned
Bo130 said:
What? It's the exact same chart, I just posted the gif, where Vook saved it and uploaded to his site. The chart has the same URL every week, so the link I provided always show the latest chart.

:S Its not showing the latest chart to me. The one you posted shows SPM has the top game.

mr_bishiuk said:
Why? The 360 has been out longer surely?
Has been stated before but Fifa is regarded mainly as a PS brand. The healthy sales of the 360 version indicate that a quite a number of people did upgrade from PS2 to 360. Likewise the fact the Wii version didn't fare too well indicates that not a lot of Fifa fans upgraded to Wii.

Bo130

Lobster said:
:S Its not showing the latest chart to me. The one you posted shows SPM has the top game.

Oh ok, sorry. That's weird. Has been showing Halo 3 for me the whole time.

Gadfly said:
I thought PS3 has already caught up with 360 in all the Europe except England.

No it has not, not by a long way yet. The PS3 has sold a approx 1.5m in total in europe about the same number that 360 has sold in the UK. Total 360 sales in Europe are over 3m so the PS3 has some way to go yet.

Hammerhai

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6180457.html

Nintendo DS highest-selling games device in Australia in Q3; PS3 the lowest
More than 140,000 DS' sold down under between July-September; PS3 at the bottom of the sales charts.

Nintendo’s recent hardware dominance has seen its share price reach record highs, and it seems that Aussies haven't been immune to the House of Mario's resurgence. New figures from industry tracker GfK Australia show that Nintendo had the highest selling portable games device (the DS) and the highest-selling next-gen console (the Wii) down under in the last three months, easily eclipsing Sony and Microsoft.

The Nintendo DS was by far and away the highest-selling games device in Australia between the start of July and the end of September, selling close to 140,000 units. The DS sales figure of 139,483 units is almost five times that of its nearest equivalent, the PlayStation Portable, which sold 28,374 in the same time period.

The Nintendo Wii is also the clear leader in the next-gen console stakes, selling 61,027 units in July-September. The Xbox 360 sold 40,467 units in the same time period, while Sony's PlayStation 3 sold 27,533. Sony's newest console may be lagging somewhat, but its last-gen device--the PS2--is still going strong in Australia, with its third quarter sales of 66,228 enough to make it the second most popular games device in the country for that time period.

GfK Australia also released the latest install base figures for Australian gaming devices this afternoon. In next-gen consoles, the Xbox 360 is still in the lead, with 222,136 owners down under since launch. The Wii is quickly catching up, however, with a total of 167,899 units altogether. The PS3 has had 82,261 devices sold so far. In Australia, the 360 was first launched in March 2006, the Wii in December 2006, and the PS3 in March 2007.

Full sales details can be found below.

Nintendo DS
2007 Q3 sales: 139,483
Total install base: 730,076

PlayStation 2
2007 Q3 sales: 66,228
Total install base: 2,118,646

Nintendo Wii
2007 Q3 sales: 61,027
Total install base: 167,899

Xbox 360
2007 Q3 sales: 40,467
Total install base: 222,136

PlayStation Portable
2007 Q3 sales: 28,374
Total install base: 317,442

PlayStation 3
2007 Q3 sales: 27,533
Total install base: 82,261

All figures courtesy of GfK Australia.

Software Australien

Halo 3 unsurprisingly tops the Weekly Aussie Charts (Sept 30th)

Posted by Daniel Vuckovic on 10.05.07
This weeks Highlights: Surprise Surprise guess what game is number one for the last wee? Halo 3? You guessed right! Super Paper Mario sticks in there and as predicted Heavenly Sword drops to 10 with the smaller PS3 user base unable to prop it up. The most interesting thing is the hardware though, according to Screenplay - the week before Halo 3 was released, figures show that 3894 Xbox 360 consoles were sold. However for the week of Halo that number rose 55% a small increase for hardware considering 70,000 units of the game where sold. Full Chart Listing Inside

Overall Top Ten:
http://vooks.net/modules.php?module=article&id=12279

The week before Halo 3 was released, GfK figures show that 3894 Xbox 360 consoles were sold in Australia compared to 3908 for Wii, 4126 for PS2, 4219 for PSP, 8615 for DS and 1251 for PS3. The following week the Halo factor increased Xbox 360 console sales by 55 per cent.

nli10

Ok. Couldn’t be arsed to type the long explanation before for the UK stock situation but due to rampant fanboyism here goes:

About 2 weeks ago, for no apparent reason other than SPM launch stores got about 3 times their usual Wii stocks. In some stores (like where I live) they sold that week – in other stores they didn’t sell as fast. Nintendo then failed to fill any supply requests for the foreseeable future. Some stores kept a few back and bundled them with 4+games and watched them sell slowly. These were the stores that had been tipped off that they were not getting more Wii stocks for 3 to 4 weeks. Maybe the odd mom & pop store still ahs some but the majority are sold out & dry.

On Oct 2nd Nintendo announced the bouncy controller covers & new packs & started shipping them to stores. We expect to see them this weekend. If Wii stuff sales in the UK spike a little on Monday, and much more next week then this is proof of this.

Luckyman

Banned
Lobster said:
Yeah sure..a handheld with a higher userbase beat a console with a smaller userbase. Ps3 and Wii are probably close to each other and most Ps3 userbase eat up EA games.

Fifa 08 has sold pretty nicely on Wii. Better then it would have ever sold on the Gamecube. It probably sold the LTD of the GCs Fifas.

You need to spin more. :lol

EA can't catch a break on the Wii.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Wow...Nintendo is non existant in Sweden?

Also wow at FIFA sales on Wii in UK. Well done Wii. I may get this game soon.

Lobster

Banned
Luckyman said:
You need to spin more. :lol

EA can't catch a break on the Wii.

How would I be spinning? People on this forum say that Europe is Sony land as if its set in stone..I wouldn't be surprised if Wii and Ps3 userbase are close in Europe..

EA can catch a break on Wii..saying otherwise is pure crap. Fifa appears in top 10, My Sims is a big hit in PAL, Tiger Woods is selling best on Wii.

edit: And im most likely right about the GC Fifas...Why would anyone defend the sales of a GC EA game??

ram

Phife Dawg said:
Germany

Consoles
1. Fifa 08 (PS2)
2. Halo 3 (360)
3. Fifa 08 (PS3)
4. Fifa 08 (360)

5. Halo 3:LE (360)
6. More Brain Training (DS)
7. Pony Friends (DS)
8. Brain Training (DS)
9. Pokemon Diamond (DS)
10. My Sims (DS)

with more than 1 year head start - the xbox360 version of fifa cant outsell the ps3 fifa. i loled

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
Hammerhai said:
The week before Halo 3 was released, GfK figures show that 3894 Xbox 360 consoles were sold in Australia compared to 3908 for Wii, 4126 for PS2, 4219 for PSP, 8615 for DS and 1251 for PS3. The following week the Halo factor increased Xbox 360 console sales by 55 per cent.

I so wish we could get Hardware numbers from all the PAL countries like this. Does anyone know where Australia ranks in the PAL territories?

acuul

ram said:
with more than 1 year head start - the xbox360 version of fifa cant outsell the ps3 fifa. i loled
well, I think many xbox360 owners this week decided to buy halo3...

let's see which of them will have longest legs

maxmars

Lobster said:
They bought 07 and 08. Why not 09?

Expecially if that franchise is the main reason for gaming to them.. I know a couple of people who basically have all versions of PES or TW, but nothing else. It's scary. A whole shelf where all the games are PES or TW. :lol

maxmars said:
Expecially if that franchise is the main reason for gaming to them.. I know a couple of people who basically have all versions of PES or TW, but nothing else. It's scary. A whole shelf where all the games are PES or TW. :lol

So did I however I have managed to get them all into Gears of War, unfortunately cant get them into FPSs as they think they "need to see the person".

frankie_baby said:
now with online play (finally!!!)

that might make a difference, and is probably why they held back on the feature this year but as I cant see the graphics improving much and the control method is set due to the controller then why bother for any other reason than online?

Top Bottom