• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4: Collector's Edition...79.99. No helmet?

I don't know if there are different types of collector sets Capcom is releasing, but I only found a 79.99 price tag, not a 69.99 one.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=200406

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=270152

The regular PS3 and 360 versions are priced at the regular 59.99, so I'm surprised the collector's edition is 79.99. Unless it has significantly more conent than a typical collector's edition, which is fine, ultimately it's up to you if you feel the price is worth the extra content.

The PC version is priced at 39.99, although that's probably because it'll be coming out a few months after the console releases, wouldn't make sense to price it at full price when it isn't "new" anymore.

I'll be sure to post here when Capcom actually details what their putting in. With the thousands of DMC stuff that gets released in Japan, and not in the US -- one could only imagine.

DMC's halo helmet of a collector's edition. <--- this sentence was supposed to be sarcasm, the collector's set probably won't actually come with relatively real looking dual .45's for fucks sake.

arms-dmc.jpg

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Are they just toys, do they shoot foam darts, what exactly are those guns? (Whatever they are, they're sitting in an awesome case.)

[edit]
C- Warrior said:
Confirmed, DMC's halo helmet of a collector's edition. <--- this sentence was supposed to be sarcasm, the collector's set won't actually come with relatively real looking dual .45's for fucks sake. Well actually, Capcom hasn't specified the contents, it could be ebony and ivory replicas.

Oh damnit to hell.

Before you guys whip out the credit card, C- is just guessing what's gonna be in the CE. Ebony and Ivory in a case aren't confirmed.

karasu

I'm not one for collector's editions and geeky gamer shit, but I will make an exception in this case.

fuckin edits! No Ebony & Ivory;No Sale.

Narag

Saitou said:
Totally not ripped off from Hellsing, guys.

Also, how about some sense of scale?

Curious about this too. E&I keychain sizd guns are a no-sale for me. Something big and I'll pay it off tomorrow. :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Holy shit.
This is probably the first collector's edition that has me tempted. Ebony and Ivory never looked sooooo good.

Edit: God damnit...this is fucked. Why?????
Fucking OP with misleading pic...I HATE you C! :(

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The original post didn't have that disclaimer, you edited it in. We read the post -- the way it was, anyway.

Chris_C

Danthrax said:
Are they just toys, do they shoot foam darts, what exactly are those guns? (Whatever they are, they're sitting in an awesome case.)

[edit]

Oh damnit to hell.

Of course not, that would be silly.

fistfulofmetal said:
:O

edit: oh, so that's not what's in it?

LOL no. If that was, every republican would be after capcom's ass so fast....

All [we] know is that there is just a collector's edition, and it's priced above normal, so I'd imagine it better be something worthwhile. E and I replicas...maybe, but that's pushing it., as others have said, industry image -- if hot coffee did all this shit, imagine real looking pistols.

If I knew you guys would scan the post and not read it I wouldn't have put the assumption in, my mistake guys. Again, I'm assuming it'd be something interesting for the 20 dollar hike, not saying it is.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
C- Warrior said:
LOL no. If that was, every republican would be after capcom's ass so fast....

You mean every Republican would buy this like hotcakes shaped like elephants. They love the NRA, don't forget =P

Why would you post such a misleading picture?

Capcom should pack in the DMC collection (1-3) for the CE, it'd be a great way for 360 owners to catch up with the series, I'd pay the extra $20.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Why would it come with them? The actual E and I replicas cost $200+ alone and are rarer than rare.

Amir0x

Banned
man that picture was very nice and the collector's edition will probably actually come with ebony and ivory imprinted napkin holders

This is a good case study showing just how little Gaffers tend to read in a thread ;p

Oh and it should be a pretty dante wig or something.

fernoca

ShockingAlberto said:
Uh, is anyone sure those guns are the CE bonus?

I thought the OP said "They could even be these".
The original topic ended with:
I'll be sure to post here when Capcom actually details what their putting in. With the thousands of DMC stuff that gets released in Japan, and not in the US -- one could only imagine.
Quickly followed with:
Confirmed DMC's halo helmet of a collector's edition...
Then..it was edited again.. and changed into:
DMC's halo helmet of a collector's edition. <--- this sentence was supposed to be sarcasm, the collector's set won't actually come with relatively real looking dual .45's for fucks sake. Well actually, Capcom hasn't specified the contents, it could be ebony and ivory replicas.

Though I don't know how could anyone assume that for $79.99 you could get the game AND two gun replicas.. :p

Top Bottom