• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4: Collector's Edition...79.99. No helmet?

karasu

freethought said:
It certainly didn't sound like it, but I was actually trying to defend DMC (which I played before seeing Hellsing). My point was that DMC was pretty much Hellsing: the Game + Sword which is undoubtedly a very good thing.

Reminds me more of Blade/Vampire Hunter D. But accordng to Wikipedia, Kamiya says Dante was modeled after this guy:

Manga_Video_Cobra_VHS_Cover.jpg

Saitou said:
Totally not ripped off from Hellsing, guys.

Also, how about some sense of scale?

just because white and black guns?

Ebony and Ivory are the same pistols, Alucard's guns were totally different from each other, one was for speed the other was for power.

also, if you look at any early DMC concept art, Dante himself looks a lot like Vash from Trigun.

16jiooz.jpg

posted by Bebpo in an earlier DMC4 thread.

Dahbomb

Is the DMC4 CE for real? And what is up with the extra $20? Are they going to include the soundtrack for the game with that price?

And C-Warrior definitely owned like half the users on this thread. :lol

Dahbomb

goldenpp72 said:
Well if they include ports of the original DMC titles that would be amazing, I would in fact buy it many times :p
Doubtful as they would have to make ports for the 360 and PC version as well. Too much work and hassle for a CE.

MCD

Zenith said:
No, all 3 were published by Ubisoft. they didn't do the porting.

Hmm...after reading Wiki, you are right.

SourceNext developed the three games and they were published by Ubisoft.

sorry for the mistake here.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Saitou said:
Totally not ripped off from Hellsing, guys.
Devil May Cry release date: August 23, 2001
Hellsing original broadcast date: October 10, 2001

"B-b-but the manga!", you say. Well, Trigun had done it before even at that point.

Dave1988

Shig said:
Devil May Cry release date: August 23, 2001
Hellsing original broadcast date: October 10, 2001

"B-b-but the manga!", you say. Well, Trigun had done it before even at that point.

Hellsing and Trigun started at the same time + Hirano is buddies with Nightow + He already stated in volume 1 that the similarites were all a coincidence.

MCD

U K Narayan said:
I want this, but which version should I get? The Playstation 3 one? Or the Xbox 360 one?

Go with the controller you prefer (i like 360 more + achievements) or wait for reviews.

hteng

Banned
lol at the people falling for the picture

the guns immediately reminds me of Alucard's guns, it looks so damn similar, cept maybe abit shorter. While DMC might be inspired by Alucard or Vash's designs, their personality are so different, Vash is like a happy go lucky guy, Alucard is mental/violent/high&mighty, Dante ?.. he's just being cocky.. lol (DMC3).

Top Bottom