• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4: Collector's Edition...79.99. No helmet?

Kintaro said:
Perfect thread to see who actually reads the opening post in topics.

I would take the picture out, but you don't know the kinds of nasty I had to see when you type "ebony and ivory" on google images...

Saitou said:
Totally not ripped off from Hellsing, guys.

Who da eff cares. Thats a sweet potential collection edition.

Its been 8 years since DMC was created. I think we've gotten passed the obvious rips. Especially since this is promoting DMC FOUR and those guns have been in it since the beginning, regardless if Hellsing was published first.

Vyse The Legend said:
Maybe you should read, instead. He edited the original post.

No, this part stayed the same -- I never edited this part.

I'll be sure to post here when Capcom actually details what their putting in. With the thousands of DMC stuff that gets released in Japan, and not in the US -- one could only imagine

I only edited in the explanation of the joke -- dmc is to guns, as halo is to the helmet. You know -- as in, wouldn't be fuck awesome if they put in DMC's trademark like Bungie put in Halo's trademark?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tokyo Marui actually produces Halo/Resident Evil/DMC and a bunch of other video game franchise weapon replicas. I'll show you guys. This catalog came with my Samurai Edge.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

fernoca

C- Warrior said:
No, this part stayed the same -- I never edited this part.

I'll be sure to post here when Capcom actually details what their putting in. With the thousands of DMC stuff that gets released in Japan, and not in the US -- one could only imagine

I only edited in the explanation of the joke -- dmc is to guns, as halo is to the helmet. You know -- as in, wouldn't be fuck awesome if they put in DMC's trademark like Bungie put in Halo's trademark?
Yeah..
But the problem was that you followed that; with:
Confirmed DMC's halo helmet of a collector's edition...
Then..changed into:
DMC's halo helmet of a collector's edition. <--- this sentence was supposed to be sarcasm, the collector's set won't actually come with relatively real looking dual .45's for fucks sake. Well actually, Capcom hasn't specified the contents, it could be ebony and ivory replicas.
...when everyone started replying thinking it was real.. :p
You knew what to expect from GAF.. :p

fernoca said:
Yeah..
But the problem was that you followed that; with:

Then..changed into:

...when everyone started replying thinking it was real.. :p
You knew what to expect from GAF.. :p

Alright. But it was still meant to be sarcastic, I didn't think people would expect life-sized, fully detailed, real looking dual .45's to be packaged in a video game in America. C'mon now guys, goddamn. If a pair of low poly titties gets everyone in a bunch...pistols that look real enough to 'suicide by police' obviously can't be on Capcoms to do list.

But anyway, I know you're reading this Capcom -- do you see the positive reaction? Yes, put Ebony and Ivory in the limited edition set, and make sure you have a lawyer or two who can handle jack thompson. And you'll be ace.

Quagm1r3

C- Warrior said:
But anyway, I know you're reading this Capcom -- do you see the positive reaction? Yes, put Ebony and Ivory in the limited edition set, and make sure you have a lawyer or two who can handle jack thompson. And you'll be ace.

There isn't a lawyer in the world that could defend the onslaught that is paranoia and morals. Turn them into metallic shrunk down versions (a la FF store) and then we're going places...

Damn, barely beaten...

fernoca

Defuser said:
All for $20 more? Fuck that shit, Capcom ain't dumb here.....
Well, other companies have released similar colelctor's editions for $10 less than that.. (Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, .hack...)

So I added "It's Capcom" to the formula....hence the extra $10.. :p

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Why would you post such a misleading picture?

Capcom should pack in the DMC collection (1-3) for the CE, it'd be a great way for 360 owners to catch up with the series, I'd pay the extra $20.

What would they play them on? If BC hadn't just been yanked out of PS3 it would have been a great idea for the PS3 LE. I'd have bought it and I've played 1-3 to death.

Mamesj

Banned
Those guns would be perfect for the party. You know...the crazy party? The party that is getting crazy? Wouldn't want to be late for the party.

/hopes the OP is wrong about the PC version coming out later.

Mamesj said:
Those guns would be perfect for the party. You know...the crazy party? The party that is getting crazy? Wouldn't want to be late for the party.

/hopes the OP is wrong about the PC version coming out later.

No, the PC version is a bit behind the console releases.

However, it'll likely look better in the same sense that Lost Planet pc is the best looking version.

Pakman

Jesus having that picture of the guns there was misleading as all hell untill I finished reading your post. I was about to say that this would be totally worth $79. :(

Mamesj

Banned
C- Warrior said:

However, it'll likely look better in the same sense that Lost Planet pc is the best looking version.

boo. oh well, I'll happily wait, since Capcom seems dedicated to doing better ports after the RE4/Onimusha3/DMC3:SE fiasco.

tetsuoxb

Kadey said:
Tokyo Marui actually produces Halo/Resident Evil/DMC and a bunch of other video game franchise weapon replicas. I'll show you guys. This catalog came with my Samurai Edge.
**bunch of images**

The Samurai Edge Standard is the _only_ non-real-world video game weapon in the images you posted. And even then, it is only a modified M92F.

For the record - Marui has never made a Halo replica. Nor have they ever made Ebony & Ivory. I have seen a custom shop Ebony & Ivory in a shop here in Osaka that was about 1800 USD for the set. Marui has made a large selection of RE guns, and recently announced two new RE models.

MCD

Mamesj said:
boo. oh well, I'll happily wait, since Capcom seems dedicated to doing better ports after the RE4/Onimusha3/DMC3:SE fiasco.

All three were ported by Ubisoft.

Mamesj said:

Capcom wasn't involved in those.

Although, they are playable (after a few patches) I still don't understand the benefit of a DMC3 PC port. Everyone and their mom had PS2's.

Mamesj

Banned
McDragon said:
All three were ported by Ubisoft.

exactly.

C- Warrior said:
Capcom wasn't involved in those.

Although, they are playable (after a few patches) I still don't understand the benefit of a DMC3 PC port. Everyone and their mom had PS2's.

except that they allowed them to happen.

I picked up DMC3 on the cheap, just to try it out, hoping I could consolidate a little more on my PC. even after patches, I couldn't get movement to map to the left analog stick :lol people were saying it was fussy about pads, but even my PS2 pad didn't work. on top of that, I couldn't get it to run in full widescreen. it would only run windowed at 800x600.

but since Capcom is building this on their new engine, it'll be fine.

freethought said:
Like the guns were the only thing DMC ripped off Hellsing.

Helling stole the Color red from Sesame Street.
Hellsing stole guns and crosses from Jesus.
Hellsing stole coats from John V. Coatman the 4th
Hellsing stole Churches from the pope.
Hellsing stole the idea of having hair from horses.
Hellsing went into the future and stole the idea to have alot of dark ares from Doom 3.

I can play too.

Mamesj said:
exactly.

except that they allowed them to happen.

I picked up DMC3 on the cheap, just to try it out, hoping I could consolidate a little more on my PC. even after patches, I couldn't get movement to map to the left analog stick :lol people were saying it was fussy about pads, but even my PS2 pad didn't work. on top of that, I couldn't get it to run in full widescreen. it would only run windowed at 800x600.

but since Capcom is building this on their new engine, it'll be fine.

You don't have a ps2?

manxor

Is 1/1/2008 the real release date??
I almost don't care what the additional $20 gets me, whatever it is I'm ready to blind buy.

Barakov

Gold Member
manxor said:
Is 1/1/2008 the real release date??
I almost don't care what the additional $20 gets me, whatever it is I'm ready to blind buy.

Even though it falls on a Tuesday I still think that just a guesstimate from GS/EB.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the one good thing about the halo ce debacle is that i no longer feel compelled to buy useless collectors' editions. fuck 'making of' documentaries and unwieldy tin cases. i just want the game. and double fuck trinkets -- i've got this stupid big daddy figurine sitting around, and i don't even like bioshock

teepo

meh. will be cool for a whole 2 minutes.

but as far as collectors editions go, i actually thought about it for a second. so that means something.

God damn I almost crapped in my pants when I saw Ebony and Ivory. I would pay big money to have those. Not as part of the Collector's Edition, just to have them in general. But I'm looking forward to seeing the contents of this. Can't wait for the XBL demo of DCM4. Has to be coming sometime soon. Capcom said 2007, so...Bring it!

karasu said:
Like Hellsing didn't rip off a million other things.

It certainly didn't sound like it, but I was actually trying to defend DMC (which I played before seeing Hellsing). My point was that DMC was pretty much Hellsing: the Game + Sword which is undoubtedly a very good thing.

TreIII

C- Warrior said:

It can't be that far away, though. If they wait too long, the PC port of DMC4 may basically run the same risk of what happened to the Lost Planet PC port: it'll become of little consequence, because the people who really stood to want the game would have bought it by then. If Capcom wants to avoid that type of thing again, they won't have it so that the PC version takes more than a month to be released.

My guess is, because DMC4's been delayed a number of times now, the PC port will be released in due time after the original console releases, and it's just cheaper for the sake of trying to make it a bit more attractive. After all, you do still have to have a half-way decent PC to probably be able to run this game smoothly, and that will probably up the costs right there...

Mamesj

Banned
freethought said:
It certainly didn't sound like it, I was trying to defend DMC (which I played before seeing Hellsing). My point was that DMC was pretty much Hellsing: the Game + Sword which is undoubtedly a very good thing.

having a red coat and big guns =! Hellsing: the game at all. Dante slightly resembles Alucard, that's about as far as the relation goes. No story similarities, no themes, no Seras Victoria, no Integra, no vampires, no undead nazi armies, no catholic vs. protestant warfare, nothing!

...damn, they really oughta make a good Hellsing game :lol

Mamesj said:
having a red coat and big guns =! Hellsing: the game at all. Dante slightly resembles Alucard, that's about as far as the relation goes. No story similarities, no themes, no Seras Victoria, no Integra, no vampires, no undead nazi armies, no catholic vs. protestant warfare, nothing!

...damn, they really oughta make a good Hellsing game :lol

The aesthetics of the two were very similar but it was the OTT action that really drilled it home. I guess it would have been fairer to say DMC is the best example of anime style action in a game and Hellsing is an excellent (and easy) reference point, at least I can't think of a better one.

Barakov said:
Even though it falls on a Tuesday I still think that just a guesstimate from GS/EB.

It's placeholder. And it's been set on Jan 1st. 08 for quite some time now.

The collector edition pages however were just recently added a few days ago. I also have a few friends who work over gamestop and have said that they are taking pre-orders for it. (he himself put himself down for a pre-order for the collector's edition).

Top Bottom