• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect |OT| Alien love in an elevator

GhaleonEB

Eric WK said:
Well I'm sure in this scenario they aren't going to receive five hundred calls from teenagers asking if they're really shipping it.
Dunno. Word about the lesbian scene seems to have gotten out. So the numbers might be smaller, but the calls could be creepier.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
GhaleonEB said:
Dunno. Word about the lesbian scene seems to have gotten out. So the numbers might be smaller, but the calls could be creepier.

"LOOK, man.. I just want to fucking slide the mongoose into the blue chick and tell her to do it again. So you either give me my damn game, or I'ma slide my mongoose into one of your flippin' holes."

Edit: And if you are not one to name your candlestick after animals, a "Dell with all the bells and whistles" will suffice as well.

Doodis

Gamer @ Heart said:
I guess ill pick a female my first time through as i play a good character. Playing as an asshole in the game just wouldnt feel right if i wasnt a dude.
I've thought about this a lot (more than was reasonable) and this is also how I'll be playing. Female adept paragon the first time through, Male soldier renegade the second time.

RBH

Game is already up on Ebay, as it was sold early at a K-Mart store:

b0a3_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mass-Effect-the...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also from CAG:

There are rumors abound that the street date has been broken at various k-mart stores. Apparently Mass Effect arrived to box stores sometime in the last seventy-two hours.
Its broken street date at Kmart, and put it to send to store.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158916

jvalioli

I was out for 2 or so hours to see if any stores around my broke the street date. Even my no-customers-and-sketchy K-Mart didn't have it out. I forgot to check Toys'R'Us. I'll try again tomorrow.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
And now begins the hunt.

Fuck, my mind is SHATTERING at the thought of having AC, Galaxy, and now THIS all at once.

Plans of staggering them are paper thin right now. xD

Wow, god damn it. Seriously AC shipping late in canada and people already playing this. Sigh, i am really pissed.

Edit: Oh well at least i have it fully paid off.

Greg

SnakeXs said:
And now begins the hunt.

Fuck, my mind is SHATTERING at the thought of having AC, Galaxy, and now THIS all at once.

Plans of staggering them are paper thin right now. xD
Play them all... at once, of course.

I KNEW THAT WAS THE RETAIL COPY!!!

I told you guys I saw it at K-Mart last night. I went back today and they had taken them down. Crap I should have picked it up even though I dont have a 360. Sorry to the guy that wanted me to get it for him, not there anymore.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Three new character vids up on Gamespot - Vanguard Class, Adept Class and Squad Combat...

Vanguard Class

Adept Class

Squad Combat

Lostconfused said:
I think we had a thread about this a week or two ago with alot of people bitching that they have to play the game 6 times or something.

Ah okay - guess I missed it... not surprised that they were already posted...

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
My mouse probably sucks. I don't know, it's what was given to me at work so I use it. :lol

MCD

chespace said:
My mouse probably sucks. I don't know, it's what was given to me at work so I use it. :lol

Actually both are about the same (MS optical mouse), only difference is the side buttons.

i was just messing with you :lol

Phil Spencer on the future of MGS' involvement with Bioware:

In terms of another acquisiton, the BioWare/EA deal has been perceived as a blow to MGS as well, especially as you’re publishing Mass Effect, and have presumably lost the potential sequel to that game…

Don’t assume that – we’re having discussions with BioWare. The first Mass Effect is still to come out, and I don’t want to get away ahead of that – the game has been built completely by that developer’s rules; it’s BioWare telling a story the way they want to tell it. So firstly I want to see how gamers respond to that. As for our future in that franchise – we feel very good about it, it’s still something that plays an important part in our portfolio, BioWare are a great partner, and I’m looking forward to discussing what we can do with them.

http://www.developmag.com/interviews/96/Game-On-Part-1

Nab

Some people were talking about planets a while back and I didn't say anything because I thought someone else would answer definitively.

Well, seeing as no one did, I thought I'd post that IIRC, it was made known on Bioware's forums that there was going to be somewhere close to FOUR HUNDRED planets. However, those are almost all not planets you can land on, only places you can search/scan for loot.

In terms of land-on-able planets, there's supposed to be over 30, with each of them having some storyline, or, at least, considerable side quests.

Nothing definitive, I don't have the game or anything but I thought I'd let you know what I heard.

Loving the TV ad.

chespace

Just continued my game with some real retail discs (as opposed to those early press review green discs) and thank god the chugging is gone and the loading is so much better/faster.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
chespace said:
Just continued my game with some real retail discs (as opposed to those early press review green discs) and thank god the chugging is gone and the loading is so much better/faster.

Hey, Che, ol' buddy 'ol pal. Remember all the good times? All the way back to GRAW. Mmm. We go back, huh?

So, great buddy o' mine, what'll it take to get you to get me oneo' dem games you got there. That "Mass Effect" one. You know, for friendships sake. :lol

CoD4 later?

Snaku

Banned
I would rush out and check every Kmart in the area, but I know it'd be a waste of time & gas. No stores ever break street date in my area. Ever.

Snaku said:
I would rush out and check every Kmart in the area, but I know it'd be a waste of time & gas. No stores ever break street date in my area. Ever.

eleven more days of torture for us, its like the 12 days of christmas come early except each day you get kicked in the pants.

Snaku

Banned
Lostconfused said:
eleven more days of torture for us, its like the 12 days of christmas come early except each day you get kicked in the pants.

Well I've got Super Mario Galaxy and Assassin's Creed to keep me company next week.

Till then, I guess I'll finish getting the Achievements in Sonic 360. It'll make those three games seem all the better by comparison. :lol

GenericPseudonym said:
FUCK YOU MICROSOFT!

I wanted to buy that, but apparently Canada doesn't exist.

I know, want to have an void party, id give you my address but its doesn't exist and if it did it wouldn't be a party.

Snaku said:
Well I've got Super Mario Galaxy and Assassin's Creed to keep me company next week.

I dont have my wii where i am right now and Assassins Creed comes out on 16th here in canada.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
If there are stores that have clearly broken street date, all stores should be allowed to do the same. Why they don't is beyond me.

Rrrrrrrrrgggghhh. I kind of want this game.

Not trying to troll or to derail the thread here:
Do 360s still die often, or has MS finally fixed that problem?

chespace

Okay, just finished a decent sidequest and decided to go and chat with some of my crew in the engineering section. They had a surprising amount of stuff to say. Pretty amazed by the depth of writing in this game. Bioware has really outdone themselves in the fleshing out of the NPC department.

Here are some random pics of the chatter down there. BTW, I'm like 30 hours into the game and the graphics STILL amaze me. I love this generation.

DISCLAIMER: my cell phone camera sucks - hard.

1940834775_08da0acd1b.jpg

1940835077_9de1ff316e.jpg

1940835921_903e075d2c.jpg

PhlegmMaster said:

Cant know, unless you buy one

If I told you, mine hasnt broken...how does that really help you

chespace said:
Okay, just finished a decent sidequest and decided to go and chat with some of my crew in the engineering section. They had a surprising amount of stuff to say. Pretty amazed by the depth of writing in this game. Bioware has really outdone themselves in the fleshing out of the NPC department.

Here are some random pics of the chatter down there. BTW, I'm like 30 hours into the game and the graphics STILL amaze me. I love this generation.

DISCLAIMER: my cell phone camera sucks - hard.

1940834775_08da0acd1b.jpg

I dont care, the character faces look awesome!

Belgorim

PhlegmMaster said:

Everyone should buy a 360 for Mass Effect :)

Top Bottom