• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michigan Presidential Primary results thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

FINAL EXIT POLLS SHOW: Romney 34, McCain 28, Huckabee 17... Developing...

Due to upping their primary/caucus dates the Democratic National Committee has striped all delegates from Michigan. Likewise the Republican National Committee has removed half of the delegates Michigan. Also Candidates Barack Obama and John Edwards will not be on the ballet in protest of Michigan's primary date

Per Drudge... so it looks likeRomney rolls on if that holds

On the Dem Side, the only question is how much Hillary beats "uncommitted" by, for delegates that probably won't count unless this goes all the way to the convention (looking increasingly more likely).

*Edit*: Final Exit Polls now from Drudge... Romney & Huckabee up a point, McCain down a point.

Tamanon

Banned
The delegates won't count no matter what.

But yeah, Romney not with a commanding lead, but still at least he wins Michigan, his very own heartland.

Tamanon said:
The delegates won't count no matter what.

But yeah, Romney not with a commanding lead, but still at least he wins Michigan, his very own heartland.

Republicans still have 30 delegates up for grabs in Michigan. Dems have zero.

Tamanon

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
Republicans still have 30 delegates up for grabs in Michigan. Dems have zero.

Ya I know, I was talking about his comments on the delegates for the Democrats possibly counting down the line:p

A Romney win, if it happens, is a mixed blessing for Romney. There has been an underground movement to encourage Dems to vote for Romney in order to keep the GOP race in turmoil and have them spend lots of money attacking each other. (Or maybe they figure that he would be a great nominee since a Mormon might be a big turn-off to many in the Christian-right?)

So maybe Romney will 'win' but only because his opponents want him to win.

SA-X

I voted for Paul since the Dem's primary means nothing, and he's the only one who cares about the deficit and isn't pro-war.

I hope Huckabutt is beyond last. I did not like that guy to begin with and then he made that constitution comment... I hope he just goes away after this election and we never hear from him again.

Reference for the comment HERE.

Kifimbo

Huh, why is Obama not on the ballot ? And Uncommitted ? Why ? Is Michigan the only state with that option ? American primaries are getting more and more confusing.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Kifimbo said:
Huh, why is Obama not on the ballot ? And Uncommitted ? Why ? Is Michigan the only state with that option ? American primaries are getting more and more confusing.

read the story i linked right above you.

I voted for Huckabee mwuahaha. Kos suggested people vote for Romney but I figured he'd win the state anyway; might as well try to get Huck in at second place, thus throwing the race into even more disarray

timmy

came close to throwing a joke-vote at Romney, but decided to go with Kucinich at the last minute, since he's my second choice after Obama.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
thefro maybe you should put this warning into your OP so people won't keep coming in wondering why Hillary is the only one on the ballet

Due to upping their primary/caucus dates the Democratic National Committee has striped all delegates from Michigan. Likewise the Republican National Committee has removed half of the delegates Michigan. Also Candidates Barack Obama and John Edwards will not be on the ballet in protest of Michigan's primary date

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
hank goodness. It was looking like McCain was going to win another state. I absolutely hate that old turd. Shame that the delegates weren't able to participate. Mightve translated into an obama win.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
grandjedi6 said:
1% Wooh!!!

If Hillary doesn't dominate "uncommited" the media is going to tear her up sadly :/

Sadly?

KINGMOKU

All I know is that I wont be voting for a democrat in the presidential election. Dont care about my state at all? To bad, so sad.

If I could I would vote for Bush again, just to spite them.

Atrus

Gold Member
Why is there such a large portion of uncommitted in the Dem side? I understand not showing up, but over 10000 people feel they'll never vote for the named candidates regardless of what happens. (not including those egged on to vote Romney instead as per the Daily Kos).

grandjedi6

moku said:
All I know is that I wont be voting for a democrat in the presidential election. Dont care about my state at all? To bad, so sad.

If I could I would vote for Bush again, just to spite them.

The DNC is probably going to give back your delegates at the convention. So you aren't disenfranchised yet Michigan still doesn't matter at all

Link1110 said:
Where's Obama on these polls?

Not that it matters, of course. :D
Atrus said:
Why is there such a large portion of uncommitted in the Dem side? I understand not showing up, but over 10000 people feel they'll never vote for the named candidates regardless of what happens. (not including those egged on to vote Romney instead as per the Daily Kos).

As it has been mentioned:
grandjedi6 said:

Kittonwy

Banned
Romney LIVES!!! In ur face McCain.
Indifferent2.gif

camineet

Banned
FZQb_1200449465_romney_wins.jpg

CNN projects that Mitt Romney wins Michigan

edit: I was beaten :D

I don't like McCain at all.

That does not mean I am for Romney by any stretch, however I don't want McCain steamrolling his way through to the nom.

grandjedi6

Tamanon said:
Exit polls.

Yeah, I still think they're jumping the gun though. And yet they won't project Hillary to win :lol

EDIT: Oh, they finally projected Hillary

Cryptozoologist said:
Why is Giuliani still in the race? Is he holding out for Florida and New York and praying?

That has been Giuliani's plan from the beginning. ONly campaign in the later states like Florida

Kittonwy

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Yeah, I still think they're jumping the gun though. And yet they won't project Hillary to win :lol

EDIT: Oh, they finally projected Hillary

That has been Giuliani's plan from the beginning. ONly campaign in the later states like Florida

What did Hilary win exactly?

camineet

Banned
damn, I really do NOT like McCain's arrogance in his speech.

All of his "my friends", "my friends", "my friends", and "I will be commander in chief".

ugh.

I didn't like him in the past, I like him even less now.

I hope McCain loses in SC to either Fred or Mike, or even Romney.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
McCain should've recycled last week's 'victory' speech for Michigan. the somber, borderline depressing tone of that speech would work better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom