• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Announcement?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So i was reading a blog that GAF loves, and had the following posted:

KO TA KU said:
Yesterday we mentioned rumors of a potential Microsoft Japan announcement coming next week, but on Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb's Twitter account, he teases "a special" show coming mid-week that, we'd expect, would feature some fun Microsoft announcement or another.

Lo and behold, www.majornelson.com:

"You know what? I think I may have a special mid-week show for you guys this week. :) about 7 hours ago"

If this is old (I did search Microsoft Announcement) kill me, rape me, etc (something tells me I am late). Prepare to be disappointed though :lol

Posting an interview I did with Don Mattrick. Since it's his first time on the show, I thought he deserved a special mid-week edition.[/QUOTE}

That's the "big" announcement. Told it was gonna be disappointing

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
There's a possiblity of an announcement somewhat big coming because Major only does mid-week shows when a big announcement is made (When Elite was announced, he had a mid-week show, when Peter Moore announced the 3 year warranty, he had a mid-week show, when Peter Moore announced he's leaving MS, Major had a mid-week show)

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
They are buying a japanese developer... Sega? I'm putting my stake in the ground.

Lightning

Banned
Spike said:
MGS4

Believe!

:lol
360 fan desperation. :lol

One could be forgiven that MGS4 was the greatest game of all time the way 360 fans refuse to let it go despite Konami being firm on the matter.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Fallout 3 development is leading on the Xbox 360, all three versions are. Makes no sense to moneyhat that.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Guess I wasn't late =P. So, thanks to GAF, I've learned not to hype myself ...but... I am surprised no one has posted this.....

BLU RAY ADDON!

Or...

EA TAKING OVER XBOX DIVISION!

Capcom has been in bed with MS since this gen started. But after DMC4 and both versions being identical, I'd say RE5 being exclusive would be something that I wouldn't' mind seeing people get upset over.

lupinko

After the Dreamcast (CV), and Gamecube (REmake, RE0, and RE4) debacles, pretty sure Capcom isn't going to make the same mistake a THIRD time.

Spike said:
Rare becoming its own separate entity, but still providing titles exclusive to MS platforms.
That doesn't strike me as the type of thing that Microsoft would want to announce, but given Rare's track record with the Xbox platforms so far, I could be wrong.

Buying out Sega would surprise me, but at the same time it makes sense. I'm counting on RE5 being exclusive, though.

Spike

Perhaps it'll be a new controller announcement? Just a short while ago, Capcom stated that they dislike the dpad on the 360 controller.

Anyways, it'll no doubt be a dissapointment-ton, as usual.

Phthisis

CrushDance said:
Capcom has been in bed with MS since this gen started. But after DMC4 and both versions being identical, I'd say RE5 being exclusive would be something that I wouldn't' mind seeing people get upset over.

There really hasn't been a big crying thread this year yet. No time like the middle of next week, I guess.

EDIT- Darn. Crying will have to wait until another day.

Phthisis

Wario64 said:
Maybe Don Mattrick is working on MGS4 secretly

Major Nelson said:
In my first interview with new Xbox boss Don Mattrick, we discuss why he came to Microsoft, the first game he wrote, the current Xbox 360 shortages and more.

"The first game I ever wrote was Metal Gear Solid 4"

Top Bottom