• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Announcement?

Sean

Banned
pswii60 said:
Jeez, will everyone shut up?

Once more... THERE IS NO ANNOUNCEMENT!

Seriously.

I revealed what it was on post 37, we're now on post 205 and people are still guessing what this "announcement" could possibly be. Ugh, wish a mod would just rename the thread already.

Busty

Banned
Sean said:
Seriously.

I revealed what it was on post 37, we're now on post 205 and people are still guessing what this "announcement" could possibly be. Ugh, wish a mod would just rename the thread already.

:D I just wondered into this thread and judging by the last page it's already a complete mess, people are already talking about COD4 being 600p for the 360 and PS3!

I won't get a chance to listen to this interview until later on, does anything of interest get revealed or even discussed?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Sean said:
Seriously.

NeoGAF doesn't read! Someone close the thread or change the title

Relix said:
NeoGAF doesn't read! Someone close the thread or change the title

FlashIsSorry.jpg

An oldie but a goodie.

deepbrown

pswii60 said:
You really should read the thread.

THERE WASN'T AND IS NO ANNOUNCEMENT

Just Kotaku speculative bullshit.

The PS3 didn't come out until 2007 here in Europe. And I don't believe that anyway - Final PS3 dev kits were in developers hands much further ahead of launch that 360 dev kits were before 360 launch. Also, PS3 was originally coming out in "Spring 2006", remember. Short memories.
Uh...Sony got wind of Microsoft plans a long long time ago, so that's why they had it all ready. If they had it THEIR way they wouldn't have released PS3 until 2008.

oldergamer

pswii60 said:
The PS3 didn't come out until 2007 here in Europe. And I don't believe that anyway - Final PS3 dev kits were in developers hands much further ahead of launch that 360 dev kits were before 360 launch. Also, PS3 was originally coming out in "Spring 2006", remember. Short memories.

Actually that is not correct. PS3 had devkits CLOSER to final hardware first, but it was not THE actual final hardware. 360 was first with final devkits.

pswii60

oldergamer said:
Actually that is not correct. PS3 had devkits CLOSER to final hardware first, but it was not THE actual final hardware. 360 was first with final devkits.

I thought 360 developers were using triple-IBM-CPU Macs with standard ATI cards until literally just 3 months before release?

deepbrown said:
Uh...Sony got wind of Microsoft plans a long long time ago, so that's why they had it all ready. If they had it THEIR way they wouldn't have released PS3 until 2008.

That's funny, because Microsoft got wind of Sony's plans a long long long time before even that, and hence they decided to release their new console in late 2005 instead of late 2027. Seriously, there is no 'THEIR way' in business. If Sony had it 'their way' they'd have toppled Wii a long time ago. And Sony had it 'their way' then they'd still be selling a $599 PS3. Everyone wants it 'their way', but all want to be the market leader and ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

pswii60

OMG are people still guessing the non-existant announcement? :lol

There wasn't an announcement - it was just a Don Mattrick interview with Major Nelson :/

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yes, it was just a Don Meddrick interview. For GOD'S SAKE FUCKING READ, its even in the first post. Some mod close this!

Top Bottom