• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiiFit now officially dated for Europe

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
wiifitUKBox.jpg

The box says that the max weight limit for the Wii Balance board is 150kg or 23st and 8lb for everyone else.

source

VOOK

pswii60 said:
You'd have to be really fucking fat to exceed that limit :eek:

>_>

Anyway, I got like 40 new screenshots too but its Wii Fit surely no one wants them?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I'm curious as to how well this is going to do in Europe. Honestly, I predict bomba totale, but... it would be folly to count it out at this point.

Somebody hold me, I'm scared.

pswii60

McBradders said:
I'm curious as to how well this is going to do in Europe. Honestly, I predict bomba totale, but... it would be folly to count it out at this point.

Somebody hold me, I'm scared.
Nah it will be massive in the UK. Seriously, once the tabloids get on to doing loads of anecdotal articles on it, the hype and word will spread fast. Never mind the fact that Nintendo's marketing in the UK has worked wonders - just look at the consistent Brain Training sales.

It'll probably be like the excercise bike syndrome though. Will get used a few times, but then gets put away in the garage. Forever.

VOOK said:
wiifitUKBox.jpg

The box says that the max weight limit for the Wii Balance board is 150kg or 23st and 8lb for everyone else.

source

Wait a sec, isn't that different from the JPN version? I wonder if the balance.board itself is different, regional incompatability perhaps?

April is earlier than I expected! Probably gonna be the same for the US then!

Wow, Nintendo haven't had any of their GDC conferences yet and we're already getting tons of info in :D

Nuclear Muffin said:
Wait a sec, isn't that different from the JPN version? I wonder if the balance.board itself is different, regional incompatability perhaps?

April is earlier than I expected! Probably gonna be the same for the US then!

Wow, Nintendo haven't had any of their GDC conferences yet and we're already getting tons of info in :D

Wii Ware thread says US date is May 19th

:(

VOOK

pswii60 said:
Isn't the US version going to have to be 250kg? Otherwise surely they'd be going for an incredibly limited market.

It is Wii Fit, not Wii Obese after all tough.

ksamedi

Visualante said:
This is why Smash Bros. is delayed.
It really isn't. I think the European market is the reason for the Smash delay. They just don't care about it as much as the Americans do.

ksamedi said:
It really isn't. I think the European market is the reason for the Smash delay. They just don't care about it as much as the Americans do.
This is business, not a matter of caring. Smash Bros. is a huge seller. The number one GameCube game so I hardly think they don't care about it coming out in Europe.

They've clearly put all their translation teams on Mario Kart and this, instead of Smash Bros. This is their priority.

TJ Spyke

pswii60 said:
Isn't the US version going to have to be 250kg? Otherwise surely they'd be going for an incredibly limited market.

150 kg is 330 lb., 250 kg is 551 lb. How fat do you think Americans are? :lol I doubt even 300 lb. people would bother using it, yet alone 400+ lb. people.

pswii60

TJ Spyke said:
150 kg is 330 lb., 250 kg is 551 lb. How fat do you think Americans are? :lol I doubt even 300 lb. people would bother using it, yet alone 400+ lb. people.
Yeah it was a joke dude.
Opus Angelorum said:
If QVC get this for the UK, it will sell a crazy amount.
People still watch QVC? :eek:

TJ Spyke

pswii60 said:
Yeah it was a joke dude.
People still watch QVC? :eek:

Considering how ignorant and aggressive some Europeans are towards Americans, it's hard to know who's joking and who actually thinks that.

Visualante said:
This is business, not a matter of caring. Smash Bros. is a huge seller. The number one GameCube game so I hardly think they don't care about it coming out in Europe.

They've clearly put all their translation teams on Mario Kart and this, instead of Smash Bros. This is their priority.

No, the reason why SSBB is taking longer is because there is a lot more text to translate than Mario Kart (Trophies, Sub Space Emissary etc) And Wii Fit has taken a long time to translate anyway.

Not to mention that they've had to spend a long time translating FERD as well so no it's not a "Nintendo only care about non gamers" situation here, if that were the case, Wii Fit would already be out by now!

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Did Nintendo recently admit that Wii fit is not actually any good at getting you fit, it simply gives an indication as to your fitness level?

pswii60

TJ Spyke said:
Considering how ignorant and aggressive some Europeans are towards Americans, it's hard to know who's joking and who actually thinks that.
:lol It works the other way around too. Some Americans can be very ignorant indeed, especially when it comes to geography. And Europeans? Aggressive towards Americans?

Interesting that Nintendo announce both this and Mario Kart for April. And we all know what else is coming out in April.

felipeko

Spank_Magnet said:
Did Nintendo recently admit that Wii fit is not actually any good at getting you fit, it simply gives an indication as to your fitness level?
When did they say it was good at getting you fit?

Spank_Magnet said:

Yes, but I bet the lawyers wrote that script. You can be certain that people will sue one day after using it and realize they haven't lost any weight yet.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
April 25th? ANZAC Day which means us PAL gamers in Australia/NZ will probably get it on the 24th/26th.

Then again who the fuck knows. Nintendo have been treating us like pigs lately.. we don't get Zak & Wiki until next week for fucks sake.

pswii60

Spank_Magnet said:
Something like that. WiiFit is however good for stretching and toning AFAIK. Still better off getting yourself down the gym for a proper cardio workout though. But I don't think that's the point. I mean, you'd learn and train your brain more from reading a book than Brain Training, but that doesn't stop everyone jumping on the bandwagon.

VOOK

speedpop said:
April 25th? ANZAC Day which means us PAL gamers in Australia/NZ will probably get it on the 24th/26th.

Then again who the fuck knows. Nintendo have been treating us like pigs lately.. we don't get Zak & Wiki until next week for fucks sake.

Just import it from the UK man, fuck Nintendo if they gonna take there time.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
pswii60 said:
Something like that. WiiFit is however good for stretching and toning AFAIK. Still better off getting yourself down the gym for a proper cardio workout though. But I don't think that's the point. I mean, you'd learn and train your brain more from reading a book than Brain Training, but that doesn't stop everyone jumping on the bandwagon.
Bit like that.

My girlfriend wants it but I'll be using it alongside my cycling/erging/weights. Of course the stats might look crazy for me in terms of proposed work out that the game is giving me, but it'll still be interesting to check out for the first month or so.

lo zaffo

I'm pleased Nintendo of Europe starts giving me release dates again, otherwise I get upset. Give me some DS release dates: e.g. Professor Layton.

pswii60 said:
i see wiifit as being good at encouraging someone to take better care of themselves.

Day 1.

Visualante said:
This is why Smash Bros. is delayed.
The outrage! Why would they drop Kart and Brawl next to each other again?

pswii60 said:
BT is a good workout imo, not that it'll make you smarter though. Apart from that it would totally depend on the book. Reading some Stephen King stuff would probably make your brain cells deflate in disgust.

batbeg

I wonder what it'll be in GBP. Now that my parents got a Wii I'm sure they'll buy this as soon as they see the commercials though :lol I want to get it, but... money :(

EDIT: Holy shit full price Okamwii? Fuck that.

Tideas

Banned
too bad Europe is more fit than America ;) haha. Someone bust out the picture comparing AMerican gals to european gals

123rl

I thought SSBB had a date? 6th June iirc

That Wii Fit price is too high. It works out at about £68 but I guess it'll be converted to £74.99. Amazon had it on Pre-order for £35.49 though...bet it changes soon :p

Top Bottom