• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiiFit now officially dated for Europe

Minsc

Gold Member
CubeRevolution said:
Okami - 15.05.2008 - 49.99 Euro

They'd almost have been better off pricing it at 79.99 or 89.99 Euro and just hoping for success by confusing the shit out of people. :lol

DSXBoy

123rl said:
I thought SSBB had a date? 6th June iirc

That Wii Fit price is too high. It works out at about £68 but I guess it'll be converted to £74.99. Amazon had it on Pre-order for £35.49 though...bet it changes soon :p
UK price will be £64.99. Games priced at €50 in Europe are priced £34.99 in UK.

Jazzem

Crikey, that's not exactly cheap... But then it was never going to be, I imagine the balance board has quite a bit of technology in it. I'll be getting it still :)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
tabsina said:
89.99 Euros = 144 Aus Dollars = $200 retail in australia

I don't think they could get away with that, at most $179. Same as the OG Guitar Hero I think.

Neo Child

Banned
£65 ?!
fuck that

I thought it would be like £50 tops.

Theyre making the fucking board wireless and needing 4 AA batteries, just have it plug in and charge less you morons.

Neo Child said:
£65 ?!
fuck that

Theyre making the fucking board wireless and needing 4 AA batteries, just have it plug in and charge less you morons.

Nintendo is doing this on purpose, you know.

batbeg

So this is about the same pricing as Guitar Hero really, isn't it? Not a very big deal then, as I'm positive the Balance Board costs more to make than the guitar, plus hopefully it'll be in more upcoming games.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Tideas said:
too bad Europe is more fit than America ;) haha. Someone bust out the picture comparing AMerican gals to european gals

What if we compare American gals to Scottish gals? Or are the deep fried foodstuffs specially formulated to only clog the arteries, and not add on extra weight?

CubeRevolution said:
:lol There are no words.

Neo Child said:
£65 ?!
fuck that

That would make the board thicker if you have it in a shell or would lead to people stepping on the Wiimotes if you have a cable. The RRP is the same as GHIII - seeing that it is indeed just a shell and not even esp. sturdy at that I don't see the big deal. You'll be able to buy it for considerably less in online shops anyway.

Although if it indeed does take off like Nintendo thinks it will, we may be stuck with the RRP for quite a while - even at online shops.

89 euro? I have it preordered at 107.524 € according to currency converter :lol

Oh fatherland will you ever cease to abuse me... Or pigs will fly and stores will actually lower the current price down.

CubeRevolution said:
The price for WiiFit is...

89.99 Euro.

Some release-dates:

Guitar Hero Aerosmith - 26.06.2008 - 59.99 Euro

My mistake:

Okami is planned for 15.08.2008 - 49.99 Euro

Arde5643

CubeRevolution said:
My mistake:

Okami is planned for 15.08.2008 - 49.99 Euro

After the unfortunate success of RE4:Wii, Capcom decided to quash any possible attempt to develop anything else for the Wii.

Danj

Is there going to be a WiiFit + Wii bundle? Maybe I could get my parents to get me one for my birthday (May 11th) under the pretense of getting some exercise or something.

later

Danj said:
Is there going to be a WiiFit + Wii bundle? Maybe I could get my parents to get me one for my birthday (May 11th) under the pretense of getting some exercise or something.

Nope.

samratty

£70? No way I'm buying it at that price. I'll wait for price drop/present.
Also Okami should be £25 - £30 not £35, and August, really? C'mon Capcom

Frankfurter said:
I can't fucking believe it :/

Dear Nintendo,

that's 113 Dollars, excluding tax on the Euro price! 113 Dollars!
Same RRP as GHIII. And by now we all know we get screwed on vg prices by all manufacturers in comparisson to the US - that's just the way it is.

Top Bottom