• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bundles of Awesome - The Official WiiWare Discussion Thread

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Andrex said:
Actually I'd say it's awesome because the good 3rd party games coming out to Nintendo's are like 10:1, which is incredible imo.

Yup. Gives more room to small developers, which apparently was the point of WiiWare in the first place.

Hurry up and release MM9 already. And yes, I know this is somewhat contradictory to my first statement, as Capcom is not a small developer, but Mega Man 9 sure isn't a big budget title anyway.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kilrogg said:
Yup. Gives more room to small developers, which apparently was the point of WiiWare in the first place.

Hurry up and release MM9 already. And yes, I know this is somewhat contradictory to my first statement, as Capcom is not a small developer, but Mega Man 9 sure isn't a big budget title anyway.

MM2 still has to come out first. :)

Capndrake

Wow @ EU WiiWare update!

Now available:

-Plattchen Twist 'n Paint (1500 Wii Points)
-Midnight Pool (800 Wii Points)
-Bomberman Blast (1000 Wii Points)

Capndrake said:
Wow @ EU WiiWare update!

Now available:

Wow nice update! Still can`t believe that Platchen is selling for 1500 points though, I can`t see how it could possibly be worth it!

Gabyskra

Banned
SO happy. I was so waiting for it. Woot. And to think Mega Man 9 is right around the corner... September has been awesome and will be.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Wow nice update! Still can`t believe that Platchen is selling for 1500 points though, I can`t see how it could possibly be worth it!

Fantastic update, and yeah, Plattchen seems overpriced, but I'm downloading it now to check it out.

Bomberman Blast is packed with options and looks to be a great little game, but I need to spend more than 5 minutes with it to judge!

Capndrake said:
Wow @ EU WiiWare update!

Now available:

Any VC games? Been waiting ages for Sonic (SMS) don't know what the hold up is.

Cosmonaut X said:
Fantastic update, and yeah, Plattchen seems overpriced, but I'm downloading it now to check it out.

Bomberman Blast is packed with options and looks to be a great little game, but I need to spend more than 5 minutes with it to judge!

Impressions would be great, I`m interested in Plattchen and Bomberman (Jet pack looks too awesome!)

Please tell me that you can do 8 players local on Bomberman!

Koshiro

I wonder what's happening in this thread...
Capndrake said:
Wow @ EU WiiWare update!

Now available:

*spits out tea*

Is Bomberman Blast only playable online? It's the first VC or WiiWare game that I'm interested enough in to purchase, but next week I'm moving back to a place where it's too much trouble to get my Wii online to make it worth the effort.

It does look like Bomberman supports 8p local, but I had to pull it off my system to install Plattchen so I can't check just now.

Early impressions of Plattchen:

-- Very pretty, with some effects you don't really see in a lot of commercial Wii games, let alone WiiWare titles

-- Looks pretty content- and feature-packed

-- Utterly impenetrable gameplay so far, but running through the tutorial makes things a bit clearer

-- Perhaps the worst pick your name interface I have ever seen - you shoot the letters you want from rising bubbles that disappear off the top of the screen. If you can't see the letter you want or you miss it, you have to wait for it to reappear.

-- So far, it looks promising but it is not very user-friendly.

brain_stew said:
Not for the last 3 weeks or so. Was hoping it would continue.

Hanabi Festival, which ended last week.

Jazzem

Netto-kun said:
Wow, Bomberman Blast for EU VC? Does that mean we can expect Alien Crush Returns anytime soon as well?:D

Publishers are only allowed a game a month on WiiWare so it'll probably be released in October.

Jazzem said:
Publishers are only allowed a game a month on WiiWare so it'll probably be released in October.

Has to be Mega Man 9 and Strongbad Episode 2 since there`s only two release weeks left this month.

Next Monday in the US will probably be Bomberman, then either Strongbad or Mega Man the week after and then the remaining game on the 29th. Not a bad month really!

jrricky said:
Cause probably Nintendo games arent the only awesome that should be coming from it, and they arent?.....just a guess

...And we're still waiting for a true Nintendo-developed WiiWare game. Dr. Mario and Pokemon Ranch were developed by third parties.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Andrex said:
MM2 still has to come out first. :)

I live in France ;). MM2 is already bought, and finished. Twice (or thrice, can't remember). By the way, where is your avatar from?

Also, nice update. I don't have any money to spend right now, except for MM9, so I won't buy any of these games, but impressions on Bomberman Blast and Plättchen would be much appreciated!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Koshiro said:
I wonder what's happening in this thread...

*spits out tea*
5alzd5.gif

Wow... great week for Europe.

jrricky said:
Cause probably Nintendo games arent the only awesome that should be coming from it, and they arent?.....just a guess

And how many, exactly, are there for awesome third party games? There's been no true killer app for the system yet, while PSN and Xbox Live Arcade have plenty.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
A Link to the Snitch said:
And how many, exactly, are there for awesome third party games? There's been no true killer app for the system yet, while PSN and Xbox Live Arcade have plenty.

-Toki Tori
-My Life as a King
-LostWinds

Those are all fantastic. Especially Toki Tori. There are also some gems like Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.

Fantastical said:
-Toki Tori
-My Life as a King
-LostWinds

Those are all fantastic. Especially Toki Tori. There are also some gems like Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.

Strong Bad's a killer app for me, but it's only because I like Strong Bad Emails. LostWinds is short, My Life as a King is pretty good, Toki Tori's pretty good. But I wouldn't call either "killer apps".

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kilrogg said:
I live in France ;). MM2 is already bought, and finished. Twice (or thrice, can't remember). By the way, where is your avatar from?

Ah, it's Pearl/Jun/Damian/the rival from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (which, incidentally, take a few fashion cues from France) via this fanart. :D

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Strong Bad's a killer app for me, but it's only because I like Strong Bad Emails. LostWinds is short, My Life as a King is pretty good, Toki Tori's pretty good. But I wouldn't call either "killer apps".
I would, without a doubt, call LostWinds a killer app, out of all of them. It has gotten the most praise from any WiiWare game.

And there are definitely good WiiWare games on the horizon. World of Goo, Mega Man 9, and Bomberman especially.

Zerodoppler said:
I'm talking about how it wasn't even in the top 20 list of WiiWare titles sold this week.

That's really sad. And almost nobody talks about the game here. Come on guys, buy this game! It's only 8 bucks and it's awesome. I've been playing it for 3 days and I always go to sleep late because I'm addicted can't stop playing :lol

I'm thinking about buying Toki Tori also. How is the game, and how long does it take to complete it? How's the replay value?

Meta-Knight said:
That's really sad. And almost nobody talks about the game here. Come on guys, buy this game! It's only 8 bucks and it's awesome. I've been playing it for 3 days and I always go to sleep late because I'm addicted can't stop playing :lol

I'm thinking about buying Toki Tori also. How is the game, and how long does it take to complete it? How's the replay value?
The "most popular" titles is only for the previous week. Groovin Blocks will be on the list next week, probably at #1.

Toki Tori's length varies depending on how good you are at solving puzzles, but it'll most likely take you over 15 hours if you don't look at FAQs. Some of the later levels are pretty ridiculous.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

What would you consider "killer apps" for PSN/XBLA? Uno? Geometry Wars? fl0w? To me they're all on the same plane as FFCC and LostWinds.

Gagaman

Darn, Hudson would get even more money from me had they decided to put this out on retail over here. Don't they want more money?

Oh well, sod it. I can't resist a online Bomberman. :D

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Quick, impressions of you guys who've purchased Bomberman! :D It's my number one most anticipated WiiWare game.

Capndrake

Rewrite said:
Quick, impressions of you guys who've purchased Bomberman! :D It's my number one most anticipated WiiWare game.
It's just Bomberman's battle mode with 8 people, really. The arena you play in now actually effects gameplay, for example, the speedway level now actually makes everybody move at max speed from the start of the match. Besides that there's not much changes aside from the 3 new items (Which are all one-shot uses).

The only thing I'm sad about is that it doesn't seem to have any of the classic Bomberman music, not even the battle mode theme!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Meta-Knight said:
Toki Tori is still my favorite WiiWare game. I definitely recommend it. It has a surprising amount of hours of gameplay, especially in tough levels. It's a fun and smart puzzle game.

Gabyskra

Banned
F*ck, Bomberman Blast is AWESOME. Such great battles online, it's never been so intense and fast. The matchmaking is fantastic (you even get to play minigames if ever you wait for a group already in battle), the options are numerous, it's actually overwhelming because there is so much to do. The new items are innovative and the stages are great. I also love the leaderboards based on your performance in every game (think Mario Kart Wii). I've deleted Bomberman '93 right away of course.

It already is my favorite Wiiware game. Just perfect, you click on the channel and that's it, you get into it with 8 players after 30 seconds of menus. My list would go like this:
1. Bomberman Blast
2. Toki Tori
3. Dr Mario Rx
4. Lost Winds
5. FFCC My LAAK

I can't wait for 8 players local multiplayer, I'll make sure that happens soon. I don't think a console has ever been so good for local multiplayer, with games that can also be deep...

maxmars

EXCELLENT. BOMBERMAN BE MINE. SEE YOU ONLINE GUYS.

By the way, can you go online together with your homies is it 1 local vs. other people in the world?

Gabyskra

Banned
maxmars said:

By the way, can you go online together with your homies is it 1 local vs. other people in the world?

You can go online with a few people on one console. It's awesome.

Long live Hudson.

DSC02523.JPG

maxmars said:

you can go online with 4 player on one console :]

Top Bottom