• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

Here's a drawing of the girlfriend I did this past weekend.

angie_by_BlkCelebration.jpg

Damn nice work Arcipello, gonna look for your Deviantart page now.

OchreHand

haven't posted in a while but here's something I initially did for GAF's Art Challenge "The Line" -- but freelancing got me busy so I didn't have a chance to post it. wellp here it is... i called it 'end of the line'

Jeremy_Deveraturda_funlaborcom_end_of_line_g.jpg

Azure J

Wow, how have I never seen or posted in this thread before today? Looks like I have something fun to read through on my downtime now. :D

My first life drawing class, and really my first class seriously drawing the human figure. These are my five best longer poses in the class so far.

Drawn yesterday
a1r678.jpg

This was when i decided i was never gonna use newsprint paper again because it sucks compared to real drawing paper. Like everything sucked before this
6q9xr8.jpg

The figure's good in this one i think, but the job was to also capture the classroom, and i ran out of time so i quickly jotted it in
29m4wna.jpg

This one is of a friend for homework. I remember i was trying to get his legs right for a while, and I asked him "Does it bother you that I'm staring at your crotch for such a long time?" :lol
2njhopx.jpg

This one was funny because it was the first time we were doing value in our drawings, and our teacher told us it was pretty much the hardest thing you could do for first time because the model was black :lol
16m4llf.jpg

Prax

Dreweyes said:
rex riding shark
This one is SUPER BADASS! I really like the simplicity of your images.. reminds me of videogames!

This was my entry into that Art GAF challenge thing
GGAC___War___First_Casuality_by_Meibatsu.jpg

And also, I wanted to post this art meme/survey because it was really fun to do, and maybe you guys would like to try doing one!
For a blank template, you can go here: THE EPIC ADVENTURE SURVEY
EPIC_ADVENTURE___GK_Prax_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Heres my entry for the Darkstalkers Tribute book, since it didnt make it in (emo!) now I can share it :D

xavier_garcia_darkstalkers_tribute.jpg

Raging Spaniard said:
Heres my entry for the Darkstalkers Tribute book, since it didnt make it in (emo!) now I can share it :D

Same here Raging! :( It's all good though, I had fun working on it and thanks for the critique on my piece.

Yours came out sweet!

I hope the entries that made it in are damn good, because yours is great and would definitely be worthy of being in the book.

Here's mine:
Darkstalkers_Tribute_REJECT_by_BlkCelebration.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ether_Snake said:
Good piece RS, one of your best yet:)

Thanks! It was kinda rushed but I think it came out well (pencils on a Saturday, colors on a Sunday, submitted 15 minutes before the deadline, lol, maybe I was late?)

DM_Uselink said:
Same here Raging! :( It's all good though, I had fun working on it and thanks for the critique on my piece.

Yours came out sweet!

I hope the entries that made it in are damn good, because yours is great and would definitely be worthy of being in the book.

Thanks! I was actually pretty confident that it would make it, but thats Okay, cant always please everybody :) (plus, Id rather take the SF IV Cover contest that I did win)

Yours came out good! Im glad I was able to help a bit with the details.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Great piece Uselink!

BTW I'm looking for a sketchpad, because I'm sick of throwing away all my sketches, so with a sketch pad it would motivate me to draw more. Any idea where I can find that stuff? Something not big, preferably hardcover. I've seen some artists who use something like that before on conceptart.org.

ianp622

Just finished this today for my animation class (we're doing background and character design).

zu3254.jpg

If you want me to resize it so it doesn't screw with the forum dimensions, just ask.

I would just like to know if anyone finds this image too clustered/busy to look at. It contained even more stuff going on, but I tried to reduce it to the most important images.

ianp622

hookedonritalin said:

I would just like to know if anyone finds this image too clustered/busy to look at. It contained even more stuff going on, but I tried to reduce it to the most important images.

I would say it's still pretty busy, but it depends on where it's going to be displayed. If people have a long time to look at it, then it's ok. But I think for most purposes, it would be best to remove everything that isn't necessary. I would take out anything that doesn't directly contribute to the message you're trying to convey.

Raging Spaniard

Ether_Snake said:
Great piece Uselink!

BTW I'm looking for a sketchpad, because I'm sick of throwing away all my sketches, so with a sketch pad it would motivate me to draw more. Any idea where I can find that stuff? Something not big, preferably hardcover. I've seen some artists who use something like that before on conceptart.org.

A regular art store would have something you need, also Michaels or Barnes and Noble tend to have stuff as well :)

I would say it's still pretty busy, but it depends on where it's going to be displayed. If people have a long time to look at it, then it's ok. But I think for most purposes, it would be best to remove everything that isn't necessary. I would take out anything that doesn't directly contribute to the message you're trying to convey.
It's intended to be a part of a mural...so that's difficult to say. This is for a class and will even be hung up for show when presenting it, so I suppose it gives anyone however long they want to look at it. I looked again at the image, and I agree that it is still busy and will intend on ridding some elements.

Thanks for your feedback!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ether_Snake said:
Great piece Uselink!

Staples, Target, Walmart, basically any place where you could shop for school supplies usually have sketchpads of some sort.

zoukka

Here's a remade version of the comic I already posted here a while ago. Feedback is appreciated. Decided to go for more contrast and clarity. Not very happy about the last page and the rushed conclusion :(

diku_netti1.jpg

diku_netti2.jpg

diku_netti3.jpg

diku_netti4.jpg

sarcastor

here's a picture of a stuffed pelican

ive73m.jpg

here's a drawing of a robot i did like 12 years ago

119nq5t.jpg

and here's a dude in a latex horse outfit

whfkfr.jpg

Dreweyes

The twilight sketches are cool! Remind me of flower (psn).
The pelican is sick! :D
And the link looks pretty good!
The coloring could use a little work for such important subject matter,
thats good you've got value in it, try coloring it in corel painter!
I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Anyway, here's what my Animation Demo Reel looks like so far:

http://www.vimeo.com/3839622

Check it out!!
What do you think, GAF??

Prax

Love the animation Dreweyes. Reminds me of a kid's cartoon/Crayola commercials. LOL
Makes me wish I had the patience to animate something!

Anyway, I've been drawing a LOT of videogame art lately, but here's a sample of it.. lol

Fire Emblem 10, Wii Music, and Pokemon Platinum with me as the trainer.
Quit_Playin___Games____by_Meibatsu.jpg

I had fun drawing the Pokemon one, so I did another one.. with colours!
Pokeprax_Platinum_by_Meibatsu.jpg

When I figured that drawing in my favourite styles from videogames was fun, I tried to do some Advance Wars themed ones... (not Days of Ruin style--too hard!). Prax on the left fights for the Orange Star army, MG on the right fights for the Green Earth army.
Praxvance_Wars_by_Meibatsu.jpg
Praxvance_Wars___MG_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Then LoZ: Spirit Tracks art I did mostly before seeing screenshots. :)
Get_on_the_Hype_Train_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Then I decided to finally be a cheater like all artists are and use photo references for sexy pictures. Are these considered safe for work or no? Tell me and I can take them off. lol
The person on the right for both of those images is a hermaphrodite that I draw sometimes more male or female (sorry if I "trapped" you in some way!).
Secret_Kiss_by_Meibatsu.jpg
It__s_only_fair____by_Meibatsu.jpg

Refs, in case you're wondering:
Two guys kissing.. I think found on LJSecret
Two girls kissing after I thought I might as well balance it out

Feep

Banned
Okay, I posted this on the gaming side, but what a colossal error. This is the place to be.

I love the work of...and this is only off the top of my head here...Raging Spaniard, OchreHand, BigBen85, Extollere, Sammy, Xun, Orioto, Arcipello, RadiantDreamer, ManaBanana, and a bunch of others. I really hope one of these guys is interested. Anyway, here's the deal.

I'm looking to contract a background and character artist for my upcoming Xbox 360 Community Games title, which used to be called Beatdown, but will in the future be called something less stupid. Though work has progressed significantly since this old trailer for Dream Build Play 2008, here it is: http://www.vimeo.com/1784876. It's a fusion between a rhythm game and a traditional RPG. It will likely be submitted to several Independent Games contests/festivals in addition to a standard release on XBLCG.

I'm looking for approximately 20 background works at 1280x720 resolution, and 12 different character works at 300x500 resolution. Each character work will need a couple minor variations; different facial expressions and whatnot.

I'll give you a loose description of what I need, but the specifics of character design will up to you. What I'm looking for is a very distinct style, whatever it may be. Lines can bleed out of the character, colors can run, however you want to roll.

If you're interested, please PM with a link to a gallery/site with some of your past works; please try to include at least one character and one environment. If I like what I see, I'll give you a holler. As an indie dev, I don't have a huge budget, but I'll try to keep rates fair. There won't really be a strict deadline, either...I have plenty of work to do on the coding side as well.

Thanks!

Portrait of a friend...I didnt take the picture, but everything else was by me. Watercolours + digital treatment.

Samantha_by_redcancer_.jpg

and thanks, Dreweyes! I'm diggin that colour scheme in your self-portrait.

hookedonritalin said:
Portrait of a friend...I didnt take the picture, but everything else was by me. Watercolours + digital treatment.

Samantha_by_redcancer_.jpg

and thanks, Dreweyes! I'm diggin that colour scheme in your self-portrait.

another awesome pic and if you dont mind pm me a link to all of your works, i would love to see them.

sammy

Arcipello said:
heres one i did ages ago using corel Painter...its sketchy enough to fit this thread i feel plus i get bonus points for it being game related:p

sketch_of_the_colossus_by_arcipello.jpg

awesomeness! love that one

somesang

I've been sketching a lot lately, thinking about painting again. Here's one I did a week ago.
3416514774_acba8d5074.jpg

I don't have a scanner, so I took a picture.

Mik2121

I just made this drawing to 'learn' how to draw traditional Chinese and Japanese drawings:

output1.jpg

I made it looking at another drawing. I will try to do another one just by myself with what I just learned.

Tf53

Whoah, a lot of talent in this thread! Good job all around.

Does graphic layout count? (I apologize for the large images)
Culture_Week_Flyer__2008_by_Tf53.jpg

A flyer for the University of Helsinki Faculty of Arts student organization. Culture week 2008. The title is a play on "HUmanistien KUlttuuriviikot" (=Arts students' culture week), Huku kulttuuriin = drown in culture. I wanted to make the word "drown" to be as big and legible as possible to draw attention. The blue background helps make the connection between drowning and water more vivid.

A4, double sided, folded in three.

Culture_Week_Poster__2008_by_Tf53.jpg

A poster for the University of Helsinki Faculty of Arts student organization. Culture week 2008. The title is a play on "HUmanistien KUlttuuriviikot" (=Arts students' culture week), Huku kulttuuriin = drown in culture. I wanted to make the word "drown" to be as big and legible as possible to draw attention. The blue background helps make the connection between drowning and water more vivid.

Printed in A3.

Poster__Sports_Week_2009_by_Tf53.jpg

A poster for the University of Helsinki Faculty of Arts student organization. Sports week 2009. The title is a play on the name of the student organization, Humanisticum (or Humppa, as they like to call it), and humppa, a Finnish dance form. A popular Finnish band called Eläkeläiset have coined the title slogan, which means "Do the humppa or die!". The title lead to the dance-step guide theme.

Since the organization decided not to do a flyer, the poster has a lot more text than I would've liked.

Printed in A3.

---

I really wish I could draw, and I keep playing with the idea that I'll start practicing, but it's still low on my priority list, and I'm not sure if I'll ever get there. :(

Mik2121

Mik2121 said:
I just made this drawing to 'learn' how to draw traditional Chinese and Japanese drawings:

output1.jpg

I made it looking at another drawing. I will try to do another one just by myself with what I just learned.
Bump from last page because I was the last one to post and probably nobody would ever see it, lol.

Top Bottom