• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Screens

http://blog.capcom.com/archives/1239

We’ve pried loose a few new screens from Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. Click here for a few more screens of everyone’s favorite Raging Demon-dealing bad-ass in his full HD glory.

33wve51.jpg

zloxug.jpg

29orjo7.jpg

Comparison shots:

viewtiful_dru said:

Thanks, viewtiful_dru.

I hope those HUD elements are floating / resizable to make best use of a widescreen display, and this game doesn't just get released with them fixed in place to appease 4:3 owners by default.

fernoca

MrNyarlathotep said:
I hope those HUD elements are floating / resizable to make best use of a widescreen display, and this game doesn't just get released with them fixed in place to appease 4:3 owners by default.
The HUD is not there to appease 4:3 owners, but because the original was 4:3..this Remix is basically just redrawn art in top of the original game..

They could put the option to move the bars..but the imaginary 4:3 frame will be there.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I fucking blame MS and their retarded space policy for Xbox Live.

Capcom, if you're reading this, PLEASE use PSN's lack of regulations to your advantage! Improve the quality!

GrayFoxPL

I can't help but laugh at the snail pace this game is developed.

Now we have Ryu, Ken and Akuma, huh?

Check back in 2009 for Blanka! :lol

fernoca said:
The HUD is not there to appease 4:3 owners, but because the original was 4:3..this Remix is basically just redrawn art in top of the original game..

They could put the option to move the bars..but the imaginary 4:3 frame will be there.

Oh, I appreciate what this game actually is, but from an aesthetic point of view (which is really the only reason this project is happening) it would make sense to make the HUD less intrusive to the game window, now that they effectively have more space on screen to work with.

Capcom just keeps deflating my hopes for this game. And everything was going so well. First the whole character art do-over/dumb-down, and now the backgrounds look like shitty third-party SNES games (like Plok, remember Plok?). The CHARACTERS are supposed to stand out, not the backgrounds; does anyone notice the background sprites look sharper than the fighters? It even looks horrible in motion, as it seems nobody checked the animation for consistency. If you're going to go HD, you go all the way. KOF XII seems to have done it effortlessly. I never expected to be disappointed by Udon.

Teknoman

Weenerz said:
Looks great, too bad the dpad for the 360 is terribad, I might have to invest in a hori stick.

Heh well if its turns out to be good, I hope a decent amount of people get it on PSN. PS3 FS3 stick here.

Really though, the graphics just look like a comic book page. And considering the artists...shouldnt we have expected that? Anyway im still hoping SFIV gets a decent amount of playtime and great console ports as well as online modes...with good netcode.

junker

thetrin said:

Capcom, if you're reading this, PLEASE use PSN's lack of regulations to your advantage! Improve the quality!

Didn't MS increase the limit for XBLA games?

Regardless, it looks horrible.

acm2000

thetrin said:

umm, the limit is now 350MB, both ps3 and 360 versions are identical, you tit

pswii60

thetrin said:

acm2000 said:
:lol

acm2000 said:

:lol

Is it me or do the characters seem bigger now? Probably some trick on the eyes because of the way the HUD has been adjusted but still...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
sp0rsk said:
That 天 is pretty bad.

Yeah, it really does. :(

acm2000 said:

So they both look like shit? GOD DAMMIT

JavaMava

huh.... I wish they went more of a painted style. This looks like a Saturday morning super hero cartoon. Especially the people in the back.

Mash

From someone who isn't a die hard Street Fighter fan this looks gorgeous. Someone into SF tell me what's been fucked.

I don't like it either. HD isn't supposed to be used to soften things, but to bring more detail.

They just have repainted everything without adding detail, well, actually it looks like a high-end filter for MAME instead of a remake. And that sucks, because right now they could have made awesome backgrounds in 2D.

Also... gimme a break... Are those pics supposed to be 720p? Fuck off. Even the cheapest PSN game is 1080p@60fps. Well, who cares, with everything THAT soft, it doesn't matter if it is 1080p or 576p. It looks the same.

Background characters should not have black outlines. It conflicts with the foreground and looks like shit.

Also these screens are way too dark.

[Nintex]

Vaandaviii said:
I don't like it either. HD isn't supposed to be used to soften things, but to bring more detail.

They just have repainted everything without adding detail, well, actually it looks like a high-end filter for MAME instead of a remake. And that sucks, because right now they could have made awesome backgrounds in 2D.

Also... gimme a break... Are those pics supposed to be 720p? Fuck off. Even the cheapest PSN game is 1080p@60fps. Well, who cares, with everything THAT soft, it doesn't matter if it is 1080p or 576p. It looks the same.
There is a difference between actual 720p sprites and 1080p upscaling(that happens now). Most HD-remakes are nothing more than a smoothing filter to get the effect.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
don't know if my sarcasm detector is broken cuz i don't understand the hate if it's real...
looks gorgeous
but i think they should do something about Akuma's ears they look ugly

BitchTits

jj984jj said:
Wow, the upgrade looks awful. :\
Totally.

The comparison to the orginal SSF2X DeeJay stage shows how wrong they got it.

It's disappointing, and I bet they're disappointed too, but it's too far along to do anything major about it.

At least it's going to play the same, since it's the same engine under the hood.

Top Bottom