• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Screens

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kodiak said:
Its time to kill this project capcom, have the balls to pull a Warcraft Adventures, please. We have SFIV now, we don't need this anymore.

After playing SFIV yesterday in Osaka, I can tell you I'm a believer. It needs some serious tuning before release, but I have faith it's going to seriously rock.

bigben85 said:
any of those. I read that they have pretty sick HD sprite (sp?):)

XII is the one with the HD sprites. The location test for XII is actually coming up soon.

kof025.jpg

Teknoman

bigben85 said:

Yeah XII is going to be amazing. That being said...I actually like XI's sprite and background work as well. Especially the American alley stage.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Teknoman said:
Yeah XII is going to be amazing. That being said...I actually like XI's sprite and background work as well. Especially the American alley stage.

XI, and all of the Atomiswave PS2 ports for that matter, have backgrounds and new artwork that really look so good when upscaled to 720p or higher on the PS3. The old sprites REALLY stand out, though.

bigben85 said:

KOF XII is the one with completely redrawn sprites and HD resolution.

KOF '94 Rebout, released for the PS2 in 2004, didn't get new sprites, but instead used a filtering technique to make the sprites appear more "higher res" and got more detailed faces. The backgrounds were also all redone in 3D, with some nice effects. The end result looks pretty nice, but it also looks a little strange seeing nice-looking sprites with 1994 animation.

Here's a picture I took of the game running on a PS3, upscaled to 1080i.
523191080_cb43b6f3aa_b.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
turk128 said:
Okay, now that that's over... why does it seem as if Doggan downgraded himself when it came to SF2HD background art? You can see his style there but there's a noticeable difference in quality.

Maybe it has to do with Udon, I mean even AH! turned in a mehtastic piece for their art book.

Never underestimate how a bad Art Director can make your skills look like shit with bad direction given. Ive seen gorgeous pieces of art turned to shit just because an Art Director wanted the piece to look a certain way.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Shinz Kicker said:
how does this person get work... im so glad i just graduated with a bfa in illustration if im up against these guys im gonna be rolling in work... sans the fact im editorial/conceptual illustrator not comic book..

His artwork is damn good, some of the best I;ve seen in female characters.

hoverX

Wow, I'm amazed at the number of people complaining in this thread. I'm really looking forward to both SF2HD and SFIV and think they both look amazing.

Top Bottom