• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Screens

acm2000

qcf x2 said:
Looks good. It's just amazing that they're taking so long and the animation isn't going to be any better.

there is like 2 guys doing it....

and it looks awesome, much better than any scaler could make the original look.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
BitchTits said:
Totally.

The comparison to the orginal SSF2X DeeJay stage shows how wrong they got it.

It's disappointing, and I bet they're disappointed too, but it's too far along to do anything major about it.

At least it's going to play the same, since it's the same engine under the hood.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!
WORK_DAMN_YOU_WORK_by_Darqx.gif

plz let it be sarcasm plz let it be sarcasm plz let it be sarcasm

otherwise would someone PLEASE tell what exactly is wrong instead of just saying how crappy i it is

Grayman

Mash said:
From someone who isn't a die hard Street Fighter fan this looks gorgeous. Someone into SF tell me what's been fucked.
It had more sprite detail before recent shots started showing up. There were still art complaints about proportions but the gis had really nice detail. Now it looks like they took the old upgrade and ran a smudge tool over it.

qcf x2 said:
Looks good. It's just amazing that they're taking so long and the animation isn't going to be any better.
They can't change the animation without making a new game.

duckroll

tahrikmili said:
Downgrade-ton. The level of detail compared to early sprites is incredibly low. Looks like upscaled 3rd Strike to me.

Too bad it won't animate anything even CLOSE to 3rd Strike. Failure total.

Mechar

Neo Member
This looks awesome. Hopefully, Udon finds a way to make onliematches more enjoyable than what they are in most games. I´m buying the Playstatio Network version, so that I can play with my stick later. To sum it all up, I´m looking forward to this more than Street Fighter IV.

Gagaman

jj984jj said:
Am I the only one who thinks the group sitting at the table all look a little squashed?

Also, the characters in the background stand out more than the playable characters at the front because they have black outlines, they'd look fine if they matched the characters at the front.

The whole background scene just looks like it's painted on a wall because the stone floor is now separated with a small drop. There's no sense of it being a 3D plane at all, it's so flat looking compared to the original game, and the colour scheme is weaker too. The other two backgrounds look great but this one really bugs me.

Haunted

Gagaman said:
Am I the only one who thinks the group sitting at the table all look a little squashed?

Also, the characters in the background stand out more than the playable characters at the front because they have black outlines, they'd look fine if they matched the characters at the front.

The whole background scene just looks like it's painted on a wall because the stone floor is now separated with a small drop. There's no sense of it being a 3D plane at all, it's so flat looking compared to the original game, and the colour scheme is weaker too. The other two backgrounds look great but this one really bugs me.
bu-but it's so clean.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm hating this game more than ever. I mean, I so want this to look and play good but it seems impossible! I hate absolutely hate the new art direction they went for:

aGPRQtMlr.gif

And the gameplay looks awful since there are no added frames what so ever... shit, give me SFIV right away.

Avrum

Gagaman said:
The whole background scene just looks like it's painted on a wall because the stone floor is now separated with a small drop. There's no sense of it being a 3D plane at all, it's so flat looking compared to the original game

Thanks man, now I can't unsee it. :(

Well, hopefully in motion it's something that will fall away... unless it just ends up looking like some huge ass looping .gif.

Eccocid

oh gosh! check the dancers shadow...the Udon i know is much more capable than this..
are they outsourcing it? lol

nib95

Banned
Seiken said:
I'm hating this game more than ever. I mean, I so want this to look and play good but it seems impossible! I hate absolutely hate the new art direction they went for:

aGPRQtMlr.gif

And the gameplay looks awful since there are no added frames what so ever... shit, give me SFIV right away.

Which is the new one?

Either way, I think it looks fucking awesome.

Gagaman

Eccocid said:
oh gosh! check the dancers shadow...the Udon i know is much more capable than this..
are they outsourcing it? lol
Holy shit you're right, their shadows are nothing more than photoshop burn tool blobs. =E

lordmrw

On the one hand, it looks alright, but when I really think about it, its still the exact same SSF 2 Turbo I played the shit out of back in 94 and 95. I guess my interest was just in seeing how the graphics looked.

JavaMava

Seiken said:

Thats what I'm talking about! I didn't even know they changed the art style. I remember really liking that Ken shot from a long time back. For those who asked, the dark grey/blue Ryu is the new, shitty, one.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
duckroll said:
They should stop releasing screens for this. It just gets worse and worse.

You have no idea how much I agree with you. The worst part is, usually you can say "on stills it looks ugly, but wait till you see it in motion." Except here, it's actually worse, because of the animation, which is the same as in the original game. High-res + old animation = ugly result.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Seiken said:

aGPRQtMlr.gif

What's the problem here. Both those models look good.

"And the gameplay looks awful since there are no added frames what so ever... shit, give me SFIV right away."

They *can't* add frames. Fighting games are designed around their animation frames. It's just an update/remake of SSF2T, adding new animation frames changes the game entirely.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Teknopathetic said:
"And the gameplay looks awful since there are no added frames what so ever... shit, give me SFIV right away."

They *can't* add frames. Fighting games are designed around their animation frames. It's just an update/remake of SSF2T, adding new animation frames changes the game entirely.

Thus I wish they had updated 3rd Strike instead. :(

duckroll said:
Too bad it won't animate anything even CLOSE to 3rd Strike. Failure total.

Ugh, it's fucking depressing every time someone reminds me.

omg rite said:
What's the problem here. Both those models look good.

The white and red one has incredible detail and definition on the lines. The blue one is blurry and shitty. Didn't think it had to be said, though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Teknopathetic said:
Yeah, because the game is coming along so quickly with SSF2T's rather paltry amount of animation :p.

Hey, I didn't say that a 3rd Strike update was a GOOD idea. :lol

Eiji

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
http://i28.tinypic.com/2zxo6io.jpg
Whats up with the top half of Akuma?
I still think this will be fun

Yeah, looks like his head has been pushed forward >_<

The heaven symbol on the back of his gi also looks wrong.

m3k

im now interested in fei longs background... after you win a round and it calculates your score will the dragons go ballistic... i always found it amusing, sorry i'm simple

its now 2008 and i want to see the backgrounds go ballistic in hd... you heard me, HD

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I really hope the devs are taking all this backlash in. Take notes!

acm2000

Seiken said:

aGPRQtMlr.gif

they HAD to downgrade, if i remember right, there is 1 guy redrawing the frames in HD, the game wouldnt be out till 2020 if theyd kept with the high grading version :lol

The sheer fact that the game looked better before, with way more detail and shading passes, so they delayed the game for a good 6 more months, AND they downgraded the graphics...

Plus the fact that everyone's agree it looks fairly retarded in motion...

JavaMava

acm2000 said:
they HAD to downgrade, if i remember right, there is 1 guy redrawing the frames in HD, the game wouldnt be out till 2020 if theyd kept with the high grading version :lol

.... 1 guy. 1 guy. WHY!?!

spoon!

acm2000 said:
christ, someone give these guys some money ;/

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
duckroll said:
What are they going to do about it? Delay the game even MORE? :lol

I'd rather them do that then put out a shit product. They're changing shit that doesn't need to be changed. The project lead needs a talkin' to.

Gagaman

The-Switcher said:
The sheer fact that the game looked better before, with way more detail and shading passes, so they delayed the game for a good 6 more months, AND they downgraded the graphics...

Plus the fact that everyone's agree it looks fairly retarded in motion...
At the rate this game seems to be progressing it'll probably not release until 2011 when it will look like this..

o60bnk.jpg

HEYEECH DEE!

acm2000

JavaMava said:
.... 1 guy. 1 guy. WHY!?!

because its UDON doing them, the people who did the comics, id imagine they dont have many staff to spare for this project, not to mention they have to be redrawn into the same tiles, it must be a horrible job, because when its finished, the anal hardcore street fighter fans will notice every damn thing that is wrong :lol

No_Style

Seiken said:

http://static.pici.se/pictures/aGPRQtMlr.gif

:( @ The truth

The original looked a lot better. I may skip out on this. I'm not even a big fan of SSF2T. It all depends on the demo though...

Should have updated SFA3 or SF3...

Mamesj

Banned
I'm more sympathetic towards the team now that I know 1 guy is drawing. But wtf capcom put some damn resources into it--this is pretty much guaranteed to be the best selling live title when it comes out.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Isn't there a reason why only 1 guy was doing the original sprites? Like, Capcom/Udon outsourced the animation to a firm but they couldn't get them to look right at those high levels of detail? Isn't that why they downgraded them, because it was simply impossible to reasonably get the original sprites in the game?

If that's the case, their mistake was talking about this game too early.

Top Bottom