• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania OoE in-game footage

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Oh my god.

Is it really Michiru Yamane doing the music? It sounds so good and unlike her recent music, more Castlevania, less Over Zenith/Sword of Etheria.

Gameplay wise it looks the same as usual, rockingly awesome

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
i just came to post this but Dascu beat me to the punch.

de-li-cious.

Holy shit I love that there's a fucking world map this time :lol

I've been wanting a CV2 style game with an open-ended countryside but this looks better!

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Day 1 for sure. This looks and sounds interesting. Totally digging the new RPGesque elements such as the home base and world map. More of this is most welcome.

Just finished it. It's 7 minutes, but only showed one area. I didn't think it gave away too much. It was a nice, long taste of the game and it looks like the best DS installment IMO.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The guy playing sucks. :(

I'm really digging the art and it looks fun to play. I was hoping for a more Simon's Quest type layout, but, PoR with a map select instead of mirrors still works. I just hope that the level design is a bit more sophisticated and that they are just as fun to play through as the past games.

Pojo

Banned
It looks exactly the same as every other Metroidvania, only with selectable stages instead of one giant castle.

Wait, no...it's exactly like Portrait of Ruin.

Who cares, tough. I've loved them all so far, so hopefully my standards are still low enough for some dumb Castlevania fun. The formula works well enough.

Mechar

Neo Member
Man, as much as this looks like Portrait of Ruin but without the crappy anime art and new gorgeous 3D-effects, I still can´t wait for this. I´m expecting some more information our of E3, and hopefully some more gameplay footage.

Yet another Castlevania soundtrack held back by DS midi. Why can't the cheap bastards over at Konami pay the extra cents to use a bigger cartridge?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Zerodoppler said:
Yet another Castlevania soundtrack held back by DS midi. Why can't the cheap bastards over at Konami pay the extra cents to use a bigger cartridge?
most games can only dream of having scores this good.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Zerodoppler said:

Why looky here. I think I found the answer

Pojo said:
It looks exactly the same as every other Metroidvania, only with selectable stages instead of one giant castle.
Adumaha said:
Why does the player suck so much, it hurts.
Most of my thoughts have already been mentioned... several times, but for one thing... I can't help but feel as if the 3D CV team is working on this title. I dunno why, but that's the impression I get.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I couldn't stand watching more than a minute...player sucks so hard that it was physically painful to watch.

Ryuuga

Banned
Looks monotonous. Are there any new features besides the glyphs? Also did the phase out stylus functionality?

CrisKre

This looks considerably better in presentation. the animation and art looks so much better. im in, hopefully they spiced up the gameplay as well.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I like the world map concept, and the overall gameplay looks as solid as ever. Great music and graphics, too. As a Castlevania fan, I'm hyped.

Yeah, the player is terrible. :/ And he talked over the music, which is unforgivable.

Game looks amazing..

Though I was hated the game because I had to watch such a horrible player.

I swear Jeux-France employs non-gamers to do these previews.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
How can konami force their people to develop yet another Castlevania on the DS?

Come on! it's the 4th on the Ds... I am fat of the same gamepla over and over... try something new my god!

tanasten said:
Come on! it's the 4th on the Ds... I am fat of the same gamepla over and over... try something new my god!

Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin are the DS games. This one makes it 3. Are you thinking about the GBA perhaps? Even then it was 3 as well though...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
tanasten said:
How can konami force their people to develop yet another Castlevania on the DS?

Because they pay them? One thing thats true is they cant force you to buy it, so lucky you!

lyre

I find it highly surprising that Castlevania has somehow become my favourite Capcom franchise without doing anything to get there. "/

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
world map! awesome. Semester of the DS: FF IV, DQ IV ánd a new Castlevania. thank you lord for this bounty

Top Bottom