• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania OoE in-game footage

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
lyre said:
I find it highly surprising that Castlevania has somehow become my favourite Capcom franchise without doing anything to get there. "/
that's the magic of itagaki san.

Nikorasu

That guy's big meaty fingers seem to be having a tough time with that d-pad. And would it kill him to turn up the volume? :(

I don't have a DS, but it still looks nice, despite my affection for pre-Symphony CVs. It just feels like they're cheapening the series by releasing all these 'clone' games on portables. Disheartening to me mainly because CV3 was the first game I ever played.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I really want to watch this, but it loads so slow that I may die before I get the chance.

Haeleos

Looks good. Not sold on the magnet thing though. I always hate gimmicky little jumping puzzle things like that in games. (ie. god of war chain swinging, DMC3 arm swinging). Just feels like you're not really doing anything.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm uploading this sucker to youtube now. May be beaten to the punch since my upload speed is kinda slow, but hey

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Mefisutoferesu said:
Most of my thoughts have already been mentioned... several times, but for one thing... I can't help but feel as if the 3D CV team is working on this title. I dunno why, but that's the impression I get.
pretty sure Iga already confirmed that this is the DS team from the previous 2

joesmokey

Thanks for the youtube upload. Man that person playing really is terrible. The game is looking pretty good, I'll get sucked into another one of these titles.

I didn't watch too much as I didn't want to see everything, but is there anything touched based this time, and is the upper screen used?

thefro

Seems to look better graphically and the music is nice. I like the art style as well.

It's a shame the levels still look cut & paste as far as layout goes.

Sciz

I really hope some of the other areas aren't contained in buildings. The "castle" in CastleVania has gotten ridiculously stale.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Looks suprisingly good. The sense of depth in the room wasn't that nice in PoR... Music sound fine, the magnetic thing might be fun if areas are well designed for it.

WANT MORE!! SHOW ME A BOSS!!

bring back the Dio rip off plz

KevinCow

Banned
Doesn't take place in Dracula's Fucking Castle again? New power-ups that actually look interesting and enjoyable to use? Getting rid of the shitty generic anime art style of the other DS games and going back to the more stylish style of other Castlevania games?

Interest +1. Didn't bother with PoR and got tired of DoS about halfway through, but this has my interest.

Also, why are all video game journalists so fucking horrible at video games?

Yaweee

lyre said:
I find it highly surprising that Castlevania has somehow become my favourite Capcom franchise without doing anything to get there. "/

I'm extremely surprised, too.

--------------

Looks great, but I loved the other two DS CV games.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
evilromero said:
Enemies don't do nearly enough damage but other than that it looks nice.

They are the enemies from the very beginning of the game...of course they dont do much damage

SantaC said:
have they ever
Pretty much every Castlevania up until SOTN. I was hoping they might increase the damage ratio in this game to add a bit more challenge. Not a huge deal the first time through but it definitely lessens the threat of regular enemies.

I can't get the video to load, but if it's yet another castletroid, I'll pass. How many more of these do we need? Konami needs to return to Castlevania's 2D arcade roots. The RPG and backtracking nonsense needs to go.

How about Castlevania 5 produced by Wayforward? I could go for something like that.

A separate weapon in each hand! Took them long enough to copy that from SotN.

This looks great, of course. It's Castlevania. I will buy and love it.

Top Bottom