• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven for DS!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mirimar said:
This as well, probably even more so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDZm8zNGDBY

2vwd0n9.jpg

TimeKillr

I haven't played it yet, but wtf at the change from flick to tap in the soccer game?

It was soooo rewarding and working very well.. Weird.

From what I've seen in videos too, the frog song seems well translated but the cues don't seem as audible as the cues from the japanese version. Might just be the videos though, I'll have to see first hand.

But.. yeah. I'm all gold in the japanese version and almost perfect everywhere (I'm missing a few, like Ping Pong 2, Moai 2 and the damn guitar ghosts) so I doubt I'll do much more than just buy the game here to support it.

And I also did prefer the GBA game to the DS game.

And it must be said again.. Fan Club and the cheerleaders are HORRIBLE in english. Seriously.. Wow.

i dont think the english voices are that bad, really. nothing fantastic, but not terrible like people are saying.

also, it's probably not true but I went to that club nintendo dsi thing last night and the person that was presenting said there was some extra content in Rhythm Heaven if played on a DSi, but he didn't go into details.

not that i believe it, because he also said the cameras were 0.03 megapixels instead of 0.3, plus he said that it would not play any games from a region outside of where you bought the system, including regular DS games.

mollipen

TimeKillr said:
I haven't played it yet, but wtf at the change from flick to tap in the soccer game?

So far as I see it, the less flicking, the better. So it's a change for the better to me.

Cmagus

it's nice this series is coming here i hope it does really well.The english version feels weird after playing the japanese version.Problem I have is with the english voices.In the japanese version everything just kinda flows so nicely but the big problem with the english voices is it just sounds like no enthusiam was put into them.

The songs feel one tone and flat and the lyrics are pretty lousy.That being said thats a small sliver of the game the rest remains intact and I hope this game sells really well.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Everyone: (laughs)

Osawa: …

---

Iwata: You're not exactly the athletic type.

Osawa: It goes with the job.

Iwata: It goes with the job, huh? (laughs)

:lol

meppi

This might sound dumb to some people, but I can see the translated songs bothering me quite a when I know there's a different version out there which sounds better to me.

While not quite the same, I had this problem with the Ouendan games compared to EBA. Wanted to love EBA as much as the other two, but ended up barely playing it in the end.

Don't want to take the chance with Rhythm Tengoku as I love the original GBA game which I bought near launch so very much. Sso I ended up ordered the Japanese version of Gold a couple of minutes ago.

Ridli

Iwata: It's fine. What about Yone-san?

Osawa: He's very…kind. He knows how to read me…and cheers me up. When I'm feeling down, he e-mails me pictures of kittens.

Too funny :lol

Deft Beck

meppi said:
This might sound dumb to some people, but I can see the translated songs bothering me quite a when I know there's a different version out there which sounds better to me.

While not quite the same, I had this problem with the Ouendan games compared to EBA. Wanted to love EBA as much as the other two, but ended up barely playing it in the end.

Don't want to take the chance with Rhythm Tengoku as I love the original GBA game which I bought near launch so very much. Sso I ended up ordered the Japanese version of Gold a couple of minutes ago.

You could have easily performed an undub if you own a flashcart.

On the subject of Tsunku getting his singers to do vocals in the game, he did the same for the first GBA game for one or two of the Remix stages.

I like a lot This is Paradise (the credits theme) english version. Not so good as the original but its really good (at least the singer puts some heart to the song).
Also the karate song is not as bad as the fan song.

And for what I see with the american dubbing it seems every country in europe will have its own version. At least the cues and the Fan song. Dont know about the other songs, but the fan song needs dubbing because it has the cues in the song also.

Hope to hear the spanish version of the game :D

Masked Man

I said wow
Looking forward to reading the latest Iwata Asks.
I already think I'll prefer the Fire Emblem one, though. This one needs more Sakurai eye-candy.

For anyone who has the English version, or the Japanese, is this game multiple user friendly? Can you set up different save files, or anything that lets two or three people play the game at their own pace while saving their own high scores?

Reason is my little sister wants to play the game as well, but I have a crazy OCD with progressing through games on my own, and having my own scores.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Blu_LED said:
For anyone who has the English version, or the Japanese, is this game multiple user friendly? Can you set up different save files, or anything that lets two or three people play the game at their own pace while saving their own high scores?

Reason is my little sister wants to play the game as well, but I have a crazy OCD with progressing through games on my own, and having my own scores.
I believe there are 3 separate save slots.

I just played the on beat/off beat game with those little guys... AND WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT??

This game's humour is ingenius and the gameplay's incredible.

This is like... an amazing version of Wario Ware. I can think of maybe one game that I didn't enjoy very much (ghost band), but the rest are incredible. So satisfying.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Netto-kun said:

what the shit :lol

Iwata Asks said:
Iwata: Well, I think that's about it. Uh, has anyone forgotten to… Oh, that's right. I've got a question for Osawa-san. What do you think of Takeuchi-san?

Osawa: Hm?

Takeuchi: Uh-oh… (laughs)

Yone: Uh-oh… (laughs)

Osawa: Umm…

Takeuchi: I'm s-scared to hear. (laughs)

Iwata: What kind of person is he?

Osawa: I'd be…lost without him.

Everyone: (laughs uproariously)

Osawa: Spiritually…professionally…I'd be…lost. (laughs)

Iwata: I truly understand. (laughs)

Osawa: Is that answer…all right? (laughs)

Iwata: It's fine. What about Yone-san?

Osawa: He's very…kind. He knows how to read me…and cheers me up. When I'm feeling down, he e-mails me pictures of kittens.

Everyone: (roaring laughter)

Iwata: And th-that cheers you up. (laughs)

Osawa: Photos of cute kittens are a big help. (laughs)

Yone: In the morning, when he looks down-and-out, I send him pictures of kittens to help him relax.

Takeuchi: You do?! (laughs)

Yone: Sometimes.

Osawa: Sometimes.

Iwata: You shouldn't use company e-mail for that! (laughs)

Osawa: Really…only occasionally.

meppi

Wheeliedude said:
You could have easily performed an undub if you own a flashcart.

Yeah but I hate using shady things like that. They take away from my enjoyment of the game so I don't use them.

I don't mind that all the menus and titles will be in Japanese though, it's pretty easy to manage with a limited knowledge of the language.

Mallika

swerve said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLYa_KnGyHQ

THIS is the energy required for the Idol stage.
I love you for posting this. That is so fucking cute! This is my favorite song in the game (I have the Japanese version) because of how adorable the singing is. Hell, sometimes during bouts of silliness I'll turn to my husband and go "Kaaaamone ... HAI!", he'll respond with "Doki doki doki" and I end with "Hai, hai, hai!" :p It's become one of the jokes in our repertoire of in-jokes.

Anyway the video just about made me die from the cuteness. :lol

TimeKillr

shidoshi said:
So far as I see it, the less flicking, the better. So it's a change for the better to me.

I dunno. I only had trouble with flicking really early on, and the soccer game's flicking REALLY wasn't the most problematic one.

If they fixed the ghost rock band, that would be a different affair. But soccer? REALLY?

[Nintex]

Iwata is so amazing, this guy got the green light to work on a project with just 5 guys on the team.

From a Nintendo fan/holiday release list point of view, Nintendo might not be doing that great, but from a creative point of view they've never been better.

Netto-kun

Aaaaaand the IGN review is up.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/968/968175p1.html

9.0 Presentation
It's another incredibly creative game with an over-the-top, doesn't-take-itself-seriously presentation. We love it.

8.0 Graphics
Just like Wario Ware, the creators simply went crazy with its style -- each game has its own wild look.

8.5 Sound
The music is fun and catchy with lots of variety, but there's no denying the awful lyrics in some of these tunes.

9.0 Gameplay
It's really impressive to experience all the different rhythmic ways to tap and flick. Easy at first, but the difficutly ramps up at the end.

7.0 Lasting Appeal
It's not a super long game, but the designers keep things interesting with random "perfect" challenges as well as unlockable mini-games and toys.

Outstanding OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Is there a harder level of difficulty for the love potion game? I've gone through the 50 challenges... no sign of an advanced version of that game :(. I hope i can unlock more.

Also, why does the spaghetti western mating game turn into a tropical sounding song :(. I really wanted to replay that level again but the music's different.

This game is so great.

Yaceka said:
Once again, Gamespot fails.

So that reviewer is just a wimp, then? Just how difficult is this game?

I've been wanting to pick this up but my limited gaming budget is being tied up by my new Wii so this will have to wait. :[

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Little Green Yoda said:

I've been wanting to pick this up but my limited gaming budget is being tied up by my new Wii so this will have to wait. :[
Once you get enough practice it's insanely easy(but it never actually loses its charm.). I'll regularly delete my save and finish it over again in one sitting. Same goes for the original actually.

Little Green Yoda said:

My first post in this thread corresponded with me playing the game for the first time:
(03-29-2009, 02:13 PM)

I beat the game last night having only played an hour each day. Getting "OK" on each level is very easy to accomplish. I suspect it will be harder to perfect the entire game, but that hardly limits your enjoyment of it. Rhythm Heaven is not a frustrating game, particularly when compared to other games in its genre. Its tutorials are very clear (for the most part) -- part of what makes Rhythm Heaven so great is starting a tutorial with no idea WTF you have to do and then suddenly having everything click. It's incredibly addictive beating one level and then moving on to the next and learning everything over again.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Little Green Yoda said:
So that reviewer is just a wimp, then? [

I've completely given up on them, they're absolutely worthless for Wii&DS reviews, and now I go elsewhere even for PS360 stuff.
Seeing that even after more than 2 years from Wii's launch, Gamespot still pulls shit like the On The Spot special at EA Day where the day was trying Tiger Woods 10 with one hand in his pocket and just flicking the remote with the other one (and obviously with that attitude he couldn't hit for shit); that Grand Slam Tennis bit it's one of the most embaressing hands-on ever, I couldn't stand to finish watchin' it, also because that bloated&boring twin of Rainn Wilson was really desrespectful of the producer of the game, trying the game with that attitude (and if it wasn't for the producer nobody could've gotten the slightest idea on how the game was meant to be played).

Btw, I love the Euro name!

Rithmin Paradise just sounds better to me.

Top Bottom