• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven for DS!

Rlan

Rhythm Heaven™

Format: Nintendo DS™

Launch Date: TBA

ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)

Game Type: Rhythm

Players: 1

Developer: Nintendo

KEY INFORMATION: Rhythm Heaven is a simple and infectious rhythm game that anyone can play. If you can tap your finger in time to music, you’ll get the hang of Rhythm Heaven in no time!

• Players hold the Nintendo DS system sideways like a book and tap their stylus on the touch screen to the rhythm of the music. Players tap, slide or flick the stylus to hit the right beat.

• Rhythm Heaven features catchy tunes, charming characters and a wide variety of rhythm games. •

Well-known Japanese music producer TSUNKU♂ helped direct Rhythm Heaven and composed the music for it.

RhythmHeaven_Screen_01.jpg

RhythmHeaven_Screen_02.jpg

RhythmHeaven_Screen_03.jpg

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62XRwGKtlHc
http://www.viddler.com/explore/gamerbytes/videos/106/

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Yeah footage of this was the only good thing in that kit, I'm still laughing at Nintendo's conference too much to get excited right now though. :lol

Damn I have the import preordered. Not sure if I should cancel or not. I know when this comes out here I need to buy it to support this stuff. Wouldn't it be great if it came with a localized version of the GBA game. Wishful thinking, I know.

Rufus

I pre-ordered the Japanese version already... Hm, oh well, I'll have it (maybe) earlier then. :lol

It's great that it's coming over to NA either way. Hopefully it won't be a niche title due to its Japanese quirkiness or something. I really hope it clicks with people.

Haunted

YES!

Hey cool, new Kirby and SM Sluggers stuff on their press site as well.

psy18 said:
keeping this away from the conference. why?
E3: media and business summit

Focusing on the casuals so the mainstream media is more likely to report on them.

Amir0x

Banned
THIS is the sole reason time and space didn't implode at the awfulness of the conference.

Because they included this in the press kit.

Doytch

I've never played/heard of this. But you're tapping the screen to the rhythm. Why is this so much better than Wii Music?

Not trolling, I just have no clue about this.

d+pad

Glad I waited to preorder the Japanese version until after today. Thanks NOA! Seems like I may still need to import Band Brothers DX, though.

KevinCow

Banned
Doytch said:
I've never played/heard of this. But you're tapping the screen to the rhythm. Why is this so much better than Wii Music?

It's not really a music game. It's basically Wario Ware (made by the same people, actually), but the mini-games are based on music.

psy18

Doytch said:

The original only needs you to press a button. and it's great!

Rufus

Seems to me that they're all new.

psy18 said:
The original only needs you to press a button. and it's great!
At once. You're pressing other buttons or using the d-pad in some stages, but mostly it's just one button, yeah.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Seems that it's the only new game outside the conference that they are revealing. bullocks!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
big black woman said:
why is the video disappointing????? :-(
I'm sure the remixes at least will be awesome. From the original game:

Remix 2
Remix 5
Remix 6

Vic said:
Seems that it's the only new game outside the conference that they are revealing. bullocks!
Too early to know for sure. They might have something on the floor, plus might call a surprise conference like they did for SSBB a few years back.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Any reason why the press site lists DQIV DS and FFIV DS as having the same release date of July 22?

Mdk7

is this what's only left of the old memorable Nintendo magic?
At least this one seems to be amazing, just like the original.
Day one, of course!

Top Bottom