• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven for DS!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Amir0x said:
THIS is the sole reason time and space didn't implode at the awfulness of the conference.

Because they included this in the press kit.
Basically. Think about how much more exciting an announcement of Rhythm Tengoku localization would've been if it weren't for the god awful conference that came before it.

sneaky77

i don't know what the hell I just watched... can someone explain to me why this looked so cool? And it does look cool..

stalker said:
Great! Play-Asia just shipped to me today the GBA game. I adore Wario Ware and this sounds even better.
It is! It is the best portable game in my opinion, so much fun, perfect challenge and sooooo nice and funny Music.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
You know, I would probably not have been nearly as disappointed if they'd at least shown this, Kirby and Wario at the conference, even though we already knew about them.

The "easily the best game at E3" comment scares me. Not because it's not the best - it certainly is - but you know you fucked up when the best game of E3 is basically a localization, not an announcement.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Adumaha said:
You know, I would probably not have been nearly as disappointed if they'd at least shown this, Kirby and Wario at the conference, even though we already knew about them.

To be fair Nintendo did not acknowledge any quality 3rd party games on the Wii and the DS, so it makes sense that their own internal development stuff would also get ignored.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
A Link to the Snitch said:
The "easily the best game at E3" comment scares me. Not because it's not the best - it certainly is - but you know you fucked up when the best game of E3 is basically a localization, not an announcement.
To be fair, the biggest announcement of E3 wasn't a new game, but a previously exclusive game getting a port.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
I'm glad I decided to hold off importing until E3. At least Nintendo got one thing right this year.

Drakken

Decided to still import it from Play-Asia after realizing that it's coming out soon in Japan and knowing that it will likely be awhile before we get it in North America. Very excited that I'll be able to play this in just a few weeks. :)

And to those who say I should support this localization, you're right, and I'll likely pick it up when it comes out here as well.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Looks like it's pretty cool. I don't have any previous experience with Rhythm Tengoku, but as a lover of quick paced games that take sounds and music in consideration I'm very interested in this.

Is it me or is this the worst use of the touch screen ever seen in a DS game? I mean, it's a virtual button, why would I need a touch screen to push a virtual button when I could press actual responsive buttons with my lovely fingers?

It looks pretty fun to play though, I hope it will be as nice as the first game :)

RockmanWhore said:
Is it me or is this the worst use of the touch screen ever seen in a DS game? I mean, it's a virtual button, why would I need a touch screen to push a virtual button when I could press actual responsive buttons with my lovely fingers?

It looks pretty fun to play though, I hope it will be as nice as the first game :)

Yeah, I have a feeling that this won't be as good as the original, but we'll see.

Struct09 said:
I played the E3 demo. It is awesome.
wat, didn't know that they showed it. Why is there no footage? :[

Did you see the menu? Is it like the GBA game, several seperate games and a "Remix" Boss stage for each level? Other features?

eXistor

Rufus said:
No. The official release is on the 31st this month.
Hell knows where eXistor got it this early.
Yeah I misspoke. I ordered it from Play-asia a few days back, but I didn't realise it wasn't released yet.

I might cancel it though and wait for the US version.

This 40-second trailer is not cutting it. Any websites grab footage? Any bored GAFers want to run over to Nintendo's booth and grab a few minutes? Pretty please? I realize the floor demo is limited to the three scenarios shown in the trailer, but I want to see the factory go dark, hear some more music, anything...

Struct09

Baiano19 said:
HAve you played the GBA version? how can you compare both?

No, this was my first experience with the series.

:Motorbass said:
wat, didn't know that they showed it. Why is there no footage? :[

Did you see the menu? Is it like the GBA game, several seperate games and a "Remix" Boss stage for each level? Other features?

It was a pretty straightforward demo. Only a few things to do, and it was mainly getting you used to doing things like flicking coins. I also played the mini game where you have to keep your character's mouth shut in order to sing in time with other characters on the screen.

Cmagus said:
Day one here I finally the other day completed everything in Rhythm Tengoku perfectly now I need more

Dude, the second "don don pan pan" level is giving me such a tough time. It's one of the last I haven't perfected.

Cmagus

Jimmy Stav said:
Dude, the second "don don pan pan" level is giving me such a tough time. It's one of the last I haven't perfected.

The last one I had to do that I found so incredibly hard was the second marching level with the guys in the bunny suits that took me weeks to perfect

Alright guys, get ready for the NA release of Rhythm Heaven! It's coming out April 5, 2009 according to Amazon, Gamestop, and BB. Metacritic says it's coming out April 1, but the MC ain't so reliable. For some strange reason, gamestop has it for preorder for $10 more than Amazon and $5 more than MSRP. Makes no sense, GS.

2rzxjwi.png

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
CAN'T WAIT. Taking so loooong!

By the way, do we know how they'll handle the soundtrack? Same stuff from the J-release? Completely different music?

Edit:
Masked Man said:
Bummed that they're localizing some of the songs, since I rather enjoy the Rhythm Tengoku Sound Collection. =/
Hmm, hope they're good then. I don't know any songs from the Japanese version anyway, so if the localized ones are decent this won't be a problem.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ThaiGrocer said:
Alright guys, get ready for the NA release of Rhythm Heaven! It's coming out April 5, 2009 according to Amazon, Gamestop, and BB. Metacritic says it's coming out April 1, but the MC ain't so reliable. For some strange reason, gamestop has it for preorder for $10 more than Amazon and $5 more than MSRP. Makes no sense, GS.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2rzxjwi.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Why would you bump this thread? Especially with such old info...

Well regardless, the reason for the price difference between Amazon and Gamestop is because GS almost always charges $35 for $30 DS games and because Amazon is trying to dominate the online sales by having the cheapest online price.

grandjedi6 said:
Why would you bump this thread? Especially with such old info...

Well regardless, the reason for the price difference between Amazon and Gamestop is because GS almost always charges $35 for $30 DS games and because Amazon is trying to dominate the online sales by having the cheapest online price.
Yeah, it is pretty old. Apologies, I was trying to conserve the number of threads produced since we have such a lousy economy. :lol Someone start a new thread to promote awareness of this awesomeness. As for the $5 gamestop tax, I'm totally confused purely from a business standpoint.

Anyway, I might have to do an import if the localizations take away the essence of the original GBA version.

Top Bottom