• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Leipzig Lineup List and Jaffe's new game.

Sony are the only console giant to have an official showing at this years Leipzig Games Conference and with promises of blockbuster announcements and possible new game revelations, what games do we actually know will be on show from the 20th-24th of this month?

The good news first. Heavy Rain will be on show with no curtains to hide the presentation from public eyes. So we’ll get to see much more than the already revealed screenshots and behind the scenes footage.

It’s looking less likely that Eat Sleep Play will reveal their new PS3 game at the conference, since previous evidence looks to suggest an internal development showing. However, there is should be a healthy list of titles on show, including the following:

- MotorStorm Pacific Rift
- LittleBigPlanet
- Resistance 2
- Free realms
- The Agency
- DC Universe Online
- Infamous
- Home
- Killzone 2 Singleplayer and Multiplayer hands-on
- Heavy Rain

Not too shabby, but we certainly hope for more new exclusive game announcements.

http://www.ripten.com/2008/08/12/what-will-sony-show-at-leipzig/

and also Jaffe's new game could be there?

I present to you: OUR NEW GAME!!!

Well, sort of.

This is just my screen showing my doodles for level design of our newest level. I have not even sent these off to Utah yet, so who knows if they will make it into the game or not.

But I figured I'd share a bit of what's up with the work on my end. Out in Utah I know the team is scrambling to get a nice, sexy build of the game going for a Sony Dog and Pony next week. While I am sure I would drive some of them crazy if I was out there everyday- and the very successful, very functional alliance we've forged over the last 12 years would prob. not work with daily,real life connection- it's times like these I WISH I was out there, so I could help with the crunch.

Ah well, I can always hop a flight :)

David

ps. I am going to upgrade the ram on my mac- my core computer- from 512MB to 2gigs today!!! I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED!!! I love my mac and it's been soooooo slow and soooo sluggish the last 6-8 months...will be so great to get it all speedy and functioning at 100% again!

Or it's probably gonna show to Sony internally only.

http://criminalcrackdown.blogspot.com/2008/08/our-new-gamewell-sort-of.html

concept lol

my%2Bscreen.jpg

traveler

Not Wario
When is Jaffe going to get around to doing his war idea? I really liked the concept of an actual war game that explored the moral side of it as well as the more uncommonly shown atrocities and hoped he'd eventually get to get to work on it. (at least in games) Wasn't it shot down or something?

traveler said:
When is Jaffe going to get around to doing his war idea? I really liked the concept of an actual war game that explored the moral side of it as well as the more uncommonly shown atrocities and hoped he'd eventually get to get to work on it. (at least in games) Wasn't it shot down or something?

Heartland on PSP was cancelled.

traveler said:
Wasn't it shot down or something?

It was a combination of the team behind Heartland not having enough staff and Jaffe just not being completely into jumping into another huge game after GoW. Because of that he just decided to drop the project and move on to CAC.

armubaba

traveler said:
Ah well, I thought so. I hope he gets a chance to do that idea someday though. Seemed fairly promising.

For sure. I was looking forward to see what he would be able to do with a concept like that. I think it really had the potential to be amazing. But alas, it was apparently cancelled. I hope he picks up the idea some time in the future, at least; the theme is gold.

Another thread already talking about the subject.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331066

Apparently there were supposed to be 12 announcements and this was announced by Sony. Not all of the announcements will be playable or shown behind closed doors though. I would hope that some games not on the list to show up in the form of a trailer and an announcement. Hopefully this game will be one of them. I would really love another TM game.

Mammothtank said:
Looks like WoW, Harvest Moon, and Animal Crossing tossed into a blender and then baked at 350 F for 60 mins.
Honestly, I'm surprised Sony would have 2 mmorpg's coming to the ps3. I kind of wonder whether they have the user base to either one worth it. I don't mean just the number of consoles, but willing users.

Edit: looks like Free realms is on pc as well, that should help

Edit: VVVV and there's that too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Killzone 2 MP :D

BobTheFork said:
Honestly, I'm surprised Sony would have 2 mmorpg's coming to the ps3. I kind of wonder whether they have the user base to either one worth it. I don't mean just the number of consoles, but willing users.

Looks like Free Realms will have a limited free mode. It's also supposed to be on PC so they should be linked.

deepbrown

nib95 said:
Along with 12 new announcements right?
I think one will be Killzone MP announcement, a LBP announcement, an announcement about the European expanded Home beta, two Heavy Rain announcements... etc etc. Don't think it will go beyond the listed games.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
deepbrown said:
Hahaha. That's a classic Kittonwy quote.

I'm not sold on Infamous...teach me.
Just another sandbox game.

Sorry Kitton!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Disappointed by the lack of Tranny Surprise in Jaffes tabs........... or maybe thats what he blanked out! :lol

Gonna be awesome, heres hoping for some more PSN vids of everything.

Yoshichan

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Disappointed by the lack of Tranny Surprise in Jaffes tabs........... or maybe thats what he blanked out! :lol
:lol :lol :lol

DJ Crimson said:
Come on Twisted Metal PS3... I need online play with more community features. :D

I could have swore David Jaffe already said they were working on a Twisted Metal game for the PS3. I guess not.

2real4tv said:
Sounds just like E3...RPG's please : (

Sony has said that they've split their showings up for E3, GC and TGS. GC will have a big focus on their European games and TGS will have a big focus on their Japanese games.

deepbrown said:
I think one will be Killzone MP announcement, a LBP announcement, an announcement about the European expanded Home beta, two Heavy Rain announcements... etc etc. Don't think it will go beyond the listed games.

If all the announcements are for the listed games, then they should be new info that we don't know right? Otherwise its not really an announcement. Even if those 12 announcements are for the games listed, I'll be fine if their new info. If it's 12 announcements that have already been announced, then I'll be a little let down. Still ... the prospect of actually getting to hear and see something more about Heavy Rain would be super sweet.

J-Rzez

Sweet, more inFamous. I don't really care much for sandbox games, but it has some interesting gameplay twists to it that makes it fresh and possible interesting. Looks great to boot.

KZ MP awesomeness, great.
MS:pR, good
R2, Great...

What about some SOCOM stuff too? Speaking of which, where the hell is the beta?

Top Bottom